Reviews for Sherlock Holmes and the Ravenclaw Codex
whitehound chapter 5 . 1/7/2008
I suppose Phineas is posy enough for violet co-respondent shoes...
whitehound chapter 4 . 1/7/2008
Yes: Obliviate is written about quite casually, but when used to take away more than the brief accidental glimpse of an odditty, it would be very psychologically destructive.
whitehound chapter 3 . 1/7/2008
A good Edinburgh name...
whitehound chapter 2 . 1/7/2008
Again, a very good, brittle Holmes-ish voice.

You have a typo - in context I think "for if not he is not the thief" should have been "for if he is not the thief".
whitehound chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
I was very pleased to see a new story by you. The tone of voice for both Holmes and Watson is very convincing and it makes sense that Mycroft would be a wizard or a friend of wizards.

Minor rodent anomaly - it's ship rats (Rattus rattus), not Norway rats (Rattus norvegicus) that were associated with plague.

And I'm not sure about cinnamon toast. Would Victorian Britons have eaten that? Cinnamon isn't nearly as popular a flavouring in the UK as it seems to be in the US - you can easily go several years here without encountering a cinnamon-flavoured-*anything*.
Maglor's finch chapter 7 . 1/6/2008
Wow! What an original idea! A intelligent crossover and a mystery at that - right up my street. And you capture Conan Doyle's tone very well. I'm glad I found this and I can't wait to read on.
unlikely2 chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
More I.C. than 'A Study in Emerald!

;)

Brilliant.
Mordac chapter 5 . 1/5/2008
Fantastic! You capture Doyle's atmosphere very aptly, and I was throughly enthralled by your story. Please, do continue, I'll await next chapters eagerly.
Dimrilla chapter 5 . 1/5/2008
Wow! This is exveptionally well written, and both Holmes and Watson are very in character. I like also Your characterisation of Phineas Nigellus Black.

As for the plot- there are already two cases to solve- the one with the stolen Ravenclaw Codex, and the mystery of Marchmont's death. But maybe there will be connection between the two cases? Hmm.

It will be certainly interestng to read next chapters.
84 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6