Reviews for 8 Nights: Help Us
pbow chapter 3 . 5/26/2012
Just a quick question.

Are you going to complete the "8 Nights" are with a final fight against Warhok? I've scanned over your list of stories and it doesn't look like you've done that yet. Plus you need to complete the healing prosess between K & R.

Just curious.

pbow
screaming phoenix chapter 3 . 5/30/2008
I told you I'm reading your arc backwards. A lot of emotion flowing on these pages. I don't think I have seen Kim and Ron so broken before or Ron's 'rents so supportive. It will be good to see them get back in the saddle.
FredandGeorgetwinsoftheC.O.C.A chapter 3 . 3/20/2008
Ha, the return of Rufus! Y'know, it took until half way through the first story to even realize he was AWOL...sad, huh? I feel bad that they were so troubled after losing the baby, and now I'm sad for Drakken and Shego (they're not even villains anymore and they get beat up to the point of disfiguration and loss of limb?) but now I must say I'm loving the cliffie. Ok, scratch that: I hate cliffies, but the drama is so intense! It's just awesome how it's suddenly this huge world battle!
Thomas Linquist chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
Now this was a touching story. It's kinda nice to know that Ron and Kim are only human, and as such, vulnerable, especially to each other.
LTAOZFAN chapter 3 . 2/1/2008
Oh, yeah! When I saw the first chapter in this story I was worried about the future for Ron & Kim, but not any more. They have their personal feelings under control, Rufus is back [Boo-Yah!] and there's a major sitch at hand in the matter of Warhok. Now, things are definitely looking better, and I await your next story with much anticipation.

I sympathize with Ron & Kim over their job difficulties. In my years as a professional librarian I had to work with, for & under some people that made my life unpleasant at times. Why does the new management of Smarty Mart sound like the sort of way Michael Eisner ran the Disney company?

Thanks for filling in some background on Ron's family. So that's why he's an only child, eh? And now we see why his folks adopted Hana. And thanks for bringing Rufus back into the story. Somehow I just knew that we'd see more of him someday.

Question: How does the Go Team - Shego's brothers in Go City - feel about Warhok beating her senseless and sending her to the hospital? I'd think that Hego & Company would take a very dim view of this, and want to have a private conversation with Warhok about the matter. Certainly, having Kim & Ron mad at Warhok indicates the alien is in for trouble, but with Shego and the Go Team in on it as well, Warhok is likely to start regretting his actions, big time.

Ron's comment about "the matter at hand - why not the foot" reminded me of a phrase that turns up in the Sherlock Holmes stories quite often. When an interesting case presents itself to Holmes he often says, "Come Watson! The game's afoot!" And you find the same phrase in Shakespeare's play "Henry V," when Henry rallies his troops to attack Harflur. "The game's afoot! Follow farther, and on this charge, cry: God for Harry! England and Saint George!"

Finally, Ron's comments at the end of the story reminded me of the speech by George C. Scott at the start of the movie "Patton." Could it be that soon we will hear Ron say something like this?

"We're not just going to shoot Warhok. We're going to cut out his living guts and use them to grease the bearings of our truck!"

In any case, a good story, with a nice suggestion of Something Interesting to come. Keep Moving Forward!

LTAOZFAN

"Them's my views, amen, so be it."

"Treasure Island," by R. L. Stevenson
kim's 1 fan chapter 3 . 1/30/2008
Hey buddy, great chapter, I would hate to be war hawk if either Kim or Shego get their hands on him, I dont know which would be worse.

Shego pissed off, is bad enough, but Kim?

Thanks for the great read.

God bless,

Larry
Drakonis Aurous chapter 3 . 1/29/2008
Excellent Story. Along with some counseling, the stress seems to have toned down somewhat. There's some tension but it’s more civil than in the first chapter. But their work schedule isn't helping. But luckily Ron's parents are there for them and surprisingly they know first hand how Kim and Ron feel. And to top it all off, Rufus steps back into the picture and the rest of Team Possible has a new mission. Very nicely done. Awaiting the next story in this arc.

- Drakonis Aurous
Pharaoh Rutin Tutin chapter 3 . 1/29/2008
So would this be Rufus 2? Only 2,998 Rufi to go.

So Ron almost had a big sister or brother. That could be an interesting AU story. I wonder how it would have affected Ron's development, or if the Stoppables would have even tried for Ron.

On the other hand, Stop Team Go clearly established that Kim wanted a big sister. If Ron had one, she would likely have become Kim's surrogate big sister.

I'm of the opinion that Ron's parents are significantly older than Kim's Parents (perhaps more than five years). If I'm reading this story correctly, it would seem that you have a similar view.
GoodGirlzDead chapter 3 . 1/28/2008
This is the first KP fanfiction I've read. It kicks. I have a hard time picturing Kim and Ron cursing, but hey, we all grow a bit of a mouth as we get older, and you didn't take it too far.

The story itself is flawless. I'll have to find the other chapters, so that I know where it all came down from.

You have a great start as a writer.
rebafan4ever chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
good chapter. i liked it :)
FireStorm2K7 chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
A very satisfactory ending to a great story. I'm glad the two of them are working their issues, and moving past them. Keep up the great work, and I look forward to your new story.
Captain IT chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
Look like for the next round of 8 nights,I take the words of Ben from the Fantastic 4: ITS CLOBBLERING TIME !.. I love this story do you think it is getting all my votes?

Keep it KP real...reporting from east of Tulsa,this is:

Captain IT
CajunBear73 chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
Kim and Ron have turned a very big corner that night, thanks to Ron's parents. Hope they can sustain the momentum from that night.

So Rufus is back! Great to see the little guy, even as he comes up to speed here.

Now payback is coming as the Founder and Senior Partner of Team Possible are going to rebuild their dynamic as well as their relationship before taking on the attacker of their way of life.

Yeah, he'd better hope Team Possible finds him before Shego. I mean, they're only bringing Hell with them; I think in this case Shego could trump that!

CB73
Samurai Crunchbird chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
Ran,

I know we had our "issues" concerning the last story's ending. Nonetheless, I thought I shouuld read this story with an open mind (yes, I said 'open', not 'empty').

The healing process of the K/R relationship...the return of Rufus...the status of Drakken and Shego...the upcoming battle against Warhok...Wow! This story has polarizing potential. It will either be a Herculean success...or a Titanic flop!

The foundation of this story is writing a mighty big check. I just hope the rest of the tale can cash it!

...But there's no *pressure* or anything.

Once again your friend in writing,

The Samurai Crunchbird
majinbuttercup chapter 2 . 1/17/2008
This is very good. (There were a few errors, but I was able to figure out what you meant.) I didn't expect Kim and Ron's fights to be quite so volatile, but it makes sense they would be.

Just so you know, the Bryan Adams song is called "Everything I Do, I Do it for You." Of course I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure there's a set of parentheses in there too, but I don't remember where it goes. Anyway, great story.