Reviews for Family Ties
RainbowCubes87 chapter 25 . 9/17/2013
I've read a lot of fiction on this site and I have OCD when it comes to spelling, characters acting out of character, grammar and certain facts, but I can say with all honestly this is the first time I've never had a problem with a story. It was beautifully written and I could actually believe that the characters acted as they would have if it was true. Top marks, well done :)
Guest chapter 23 . 8/8/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
No Name chapter 25 . 9/25/2012
Awwww!
It was soooo saddddd!
... But I loved it anyway! xD
janet1982 chapter 25 . 7/2/2010
awesome)
calileane chapter 25 . 2/27/2010
I rarely read this fandom (two or three story a year... more if it is a crossover with my favorites fandoms )

I was surprised I even began reading your fanfic. But then... I was surprised I had continued reading until the end... and that I loved it so much I knew it would be my new favorite

I loved how you made them realised. How it all came to be one big picture, revealed by one event.

It was sad. But as for the characters, I could feel the grief leaving your words, your story in each chapter.

The visit to uncle Ron was a bright end. It eased the hurt of these events. and it gave hope... hope of love.

it was a beautiful story.
totally manic chapter 25 . 1/14/2010
great story ;)
Remna chapter 1 . 9/17/2009
asdfghjkl;; I'm re-reading this fic cause it's fabulous! :D
XxSupernaturalXxFreakXx chapter 25 . 7/3/2009
oh my gosh! i love this is. it's amazingly well written and, if i hadn't seen CSI Miami already, i could've thoght it was real. i love it and can't wait to read Family Tales. i give it...15 stars! yay...!
XxSupernaturalXxFreakXx chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
i started crying at the end. i love it and am really glad i decided to read it!
Kohako Shadow chapter 25 . 3/18/2009
I'm gracing you with my first review post of this day. I usually post review immediately after reading a story but sometimes I can be completely lazy about those kind of things.

Off course I usually sent the review 2-3 days after. As a writer myself I try to give back the courtesy of reviewing. Makes you feel more appreciated.

I absolutely love your Familie Ties. The idea of Ryan being Horatio Caine's kidnapped son is an incredible plotline. It's captivating and quite propable in real life.

I can't wait to read the sequel and find out more about Ryan's burgeoning relationship with his real dad and mom.

Kohako_Shadow
alexabeamer chapter 15 . 1/25/2009
This must be the fifth, or maybe the eighth or even the twelfth time I've read this chapter, and something about it makes me want to reread it until the words are burned into my mind for a long time.

Perhaps it's how Horatio tells Laura about Ryan, or perhaps how Laura wants to frame the DNA results and Horatio wants a copy.

Maybe it's the tenderness I can literally feel between Laura and Horatio, or maybe it's the little detail of pepperoni and pineapple pizza.

Or it could be none of the above; instead, it could be something, a feeling, one intangible yet ever-present in this tale of loss and family.

Whatever this thing, or feeling, or whatever, is, it has me reading and rereading this particular chapter over and over, again and again, coming back from other stories to read this chapter and those that follow just one more time, just a few more times.

I know my other review said that chapter 24 was beautiful. This chapter, if possible, is even more beautiful; it is loss mixed with rekindled hope, held together by a richness of character, a love between two people who only exist on television yet have somehow become as real as you and I in your story, and tinged with an easy, playful humor.

I could write more, but I believe that you have work to do on 'Family Tales,' do you not? And I don't want to be responsible for the next chapter's update.

(If you couldn't tell, I want to read more of 'Family Tales,' preferably soon)
alexabeamer chapter 24 . 1/25/2009
Aw...this was so sweet, with an undercurrent of bitterness, becuase Ryan is conflicted by the idea of two mothers, a real one and one who stole him away from his real family.

Your way of showing the hesitation, the nervousness, the longing to connect, the emotional struggle of the characters is fantastic. This doesn't feel like an imitation of emotion, this reads like an account of a true emotional situation.

You are quite the master of portraying real human emotions in a way that draws readers into the story, making them want to hold and comfort the characters, to defend them along with Calleigh.

This story is great, yes, but this particular chapter is beautiful.
AZNsexinezz chapter 25 . 12/25/2008
GASP! There will be a talk between Horatio and Eric. MUAHAHA! I am so enjoying this! Right on!
AZNsexinezz chapter 20 . 12/25/2008
OMG ANOTHER MOMENT of dundundun! 20/10 for you writing such a suspenseful chapter and such an attention drawing story! I totally approve.
AZNsexinezz chapter 12 . 12/25/2008
DUNDUNDUN! The plot thickens and the proverbial SH has hit the fan so to speak. 10/10 for this chapter being so suspenseful.