Reviews for That Awful Sound
xxLunaTerraxx chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
I couldn't help but listen to the song while reading this. Really brought froth the emotions I'm sure you were trying to convey through this fic. :( Poor Hojo and Vincent. Their lives seriously got destroyed and distorted...stupid JENOVA.

Hojo was crying. This shouldn't have happened. Vincent should open his eyes. Laugh. This was a game. The worst thing there should be was a small patch of blood on his hands which were now as crimson as his friend's fogged eyes.

That line just about killed me. actually, scratch that, it did. *is sad*
Countess of the Spires chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
*applause*

Nifty concept.

I like the line about falling away backwards like a diagram. Pretty.
Goatee'ed chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Loved the fic, it was so good.

I would have liked it more if it ended after 'Now he's gone and I don't knwo why', but the song had to end...
xLilly White chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
(i am NOT yaoi-inclined! I swear! these pairings don't attract me like magnets... not at all.)

Eh, you've totally revamped my desire to read strange Final Fantasy pairings, along with my interest in the actual fandom. :D I don't know if I'll go the whole way and start writing FF things again... hm. We'd have to see. Maybe you could give me some inspiration, to get me started, seeing as you have so many strange, delightful ideas...

Well, what can I say about this one? The story itself is almost skeletal in the style you've written it with; there's a lot of things going on, and barely any words to describe them, but somehow you make it work. Songfics are pretty tough; I know I can't write them properly, seeing as you've got to follow the course of the song and not get carried away inbetween the lyrics with your story; keep things airy and with a good pace. You've accomplished that and it makes a really nice, really original little fic. :) It's interesting that you should consider Hojo/Vincent's relationship during their childhood... I've never seen that before, even in shonen-ai fics where they somehow end up together for no apparent reason- but- but that doesn't mean I read a lot of shonen-ai... :)

I just... can't get my head around kid-Hojo. I mean, he's such a vile character that you can't really imagine him as a baby or with his mother or stuff like that. But, then, that's just me.

Heh, I'd better not go ahead and write a longer review than your story again, so I'll break off here and see if I've got time to read more. :) Lovely little songfic, nicely done! Hope you've been well, and all. x
LastTrojanNight chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Oh, those lyrics are so perfect! This is lovelyD

It's really hard to find a fic where Hojo his portrayed as a real person-at least I haven't seen any-. When you give a past with Vincent like that, it really make him more intersting.

This is so sad, and sad is good;)