Reviews for Cry for Hyrule
LeonaWriter chapter 12 . 3/23
I found this story earlier today, from someone who'd illustrated one of the scenes. I have to say that I'm so glad I did. I kept gushing over how well written it is, how I kept giggling at silly scenes - mainly at the irony of things, especially early on. I loved everyone's reactions to Ganondorf, especially when they didn't realise that he was right there! Also, not LEAST, I absolutely adored how you made each and every character come to life completely three dimensionally. Ganondorf is exactly how I'd imagine him - driven, often by revenge, but it's the Triforce of Power that drove him to his worst acts. And the EMOTION in the scenes where he's dealing with the flooding as it happens, and later on as well, was just beautiful. Not to mention that Daphnes was scarily believable. He thought himself the hero. And I was incredibly moved by both Ganondorf being able to see his homeland for the first time in so, so long - and also the Gerudo descendants finding it later, with his help. I loved all of this.
Firefury Amahira chapter 12 . 3/2
Oh wow. I found this fic on the recommended fics page over on TVTropes, and this is a beautifully rendered alternate universe version of the events in Wind Waker. The writing is great, the story pacing is excellently handled, and I really love the added depth to characters you created; especially Ganondorf. Wind Waker was probably one of the most sympathetic portrayals of the Big Bad in the entire franchise, and you ran with it beautifully. I mean, that epilogue teared me up and that doesn't happen often!

So glad I binged through the entire story in one night, even though it's now waaaaaay past my bedtime. :D
Nathaniabp chapter 12 . 1/31
Okay, wow, first off, I'm so glad i found this fic, thank the goddesses. I absolutely love every bit of this retelling of Wind Waker. (well, maybe except of the prospect of Link being killed by Daphnes, but an author's gotta do what an author's gotta do, even if it meant killing an important character with someone of lesser power than them.) The pacing was great, i love how you potray the characters, it gives them a new depth of personality, especially Ganondorf. This also makes sense in a lot of ways. Though this kinda ruined my view on Daphnes, I try hard to remind myself that this is an AU, but it's just so real i can see it! Though, as a reviewer, i must be fair and discuss some faults. For starters, this isn't all that historically correct, because the Hero of Time "vanished" as in literally vanished from earth, by going back in time at the end of his quest, thus creating an alternate universe of a world with the mission finished, but the hero is nonexistent in that realm. Time passed, and for some reason, Ganon returned, but because the hero was sent back to the past, nobody is stopping him. So he couldn't be killed if he was nonexistent. also, the sages exist in a different realm ever since that quest, so they couldn't be killed either. but again, this is an AU retelling, so anything can happen. Overall, this is the best retelling of Wind Waker I've seen so far, and I'm very happy i found this. great job, man.
The Iridian Stanza chapter 12 . 8/1/2014
This... Yeah, this is how Wind Waker should have gone.
MsNegative24 chapter 12 . 3/7/2014
OH MY GOD THIS STORY WAS BRILLIANT SIMPLY BRILLIANT I AM BEAMING RIGHT NOW LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Really this story is great and gives a whole new twist on Wind Waker which was a powerful story as it was. And I love that you restored Hyrule. I always held a hope in my heart that Hyrule could be restored in that game, that the empty lands of golden Gamecube quality beauty could be inhabited once more and restored to its former glory AND YOU DID THAT! This was really wonderful, and I love love love it to no end! You made Ganondorf a very powerful and moving character as well. I loved his story and the hardships which he and his people faced during the flood. Daphnes pissed me off though... Now I'm going to hold resentment for him in that video game whenever I play it because of this! But that's not such a big deal :P

ANYWAY I loved the story and I plan to check out more of your stories if you have them! LOVED IT!
Draconic chapter 4 . 2/17/2014
I am intrigued. Ganondorf helping Link while staying in-character. That is good.
I'm lucky to have found this fic.
Draconic chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
This story is excellent. I can't tell you how much I hated the King of Hyrule when he stole Ganondorf's wish on the Triforce in that final scene.

His outrage toward the Goddesses is completely justified, and it sums up why he's now more in the right than the people he tried to conquer.
They're all dead.
And he got to live.
Their gods destroyed them, just like his puppet said.
And the King of Hyrule's wish to destroy the fabled kingdom forever was clearly intended as a personal vendetta. It was completely unnecessary unless Daphnes Nohansen's true goal was to crush Ganondorf's hope, his last vestige of humanity. And I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
kattycha01 chapter 12 . 12/7/2013
This site need a 'like' button. this story was so good!
UnspeakableHorror chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Hi! Just finished reading this, and I do find the ending considerably more satisfying than the canon one. I think you've improved with pacing since you wrote this, though. I did enjoy the characterization of Link, Tetra, and Ganondorf very much. Well, I have more thoughts about this but that's all I can get down right now.
starsinjars chapter 12 . 11/23/2012
well...that was a pretty epic retelling of wind waker... hahaha, thanks! xD
AyndeRod chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Every couple of months, I remember this very epiphany: how is Ganondorf the epitome of evil in Wind Waker? What evil is he spreading? Scaldera? That thing just likes to nomnom on Valoo's tail, and really, who said Ganondorf put him there? It could've been there centuries, you know, the whole Death Mountain breeding deadly creatures.

Hang on, brain fart.

Why is Valoo plugging the top of the volcano with his tail? Isn't that like, invitation to explode on his butt?

So I really appreciate this. My favorite incarnation of Ganondorf, and a storyline that runs along with my screaming thoughts.

I love Wind Waker. I really do. I guess I just love what I think about it in my head just as much.
anonymous baka chapter 12 . 1/13/2012
(cries silent tears of joy)
The-Sun-Princess chapter 12 . 12/4/2011
I LOVED this. Especially Ganondorf. You made him seem like a very grumpy, but secretly caring grandpa sometimes. Yeah, I like the way this story unfolded. I think the Gerudo's should be in more games.
Sen2TOS9 chapter 12 . 8/13/2011
This was beautiful and amazing!
Twilight Okami chapter 12 . 7/19/2011
That was a short yet brilliant 'Wind Waker' story. You've brought the elements from 'Ocarina of Time' and it flowed within the 'Wind Waker' universe. All questions have been answered too. It was a unusual way you portraid Ganondorf, but I had a feeling he felt a soft spot for his people. Loved this story!