Reviews for Cry for Hyrule
TacoKing23 chapter 12 . 10/2/2015
Okay, I teared up a little at the ending. I thought it a little odd that there was no indication of what happened to Nabooru earlier, but now I get it. This was a great story, and I'm glad to have found it.
TacoKing23 chapter 11 . 10/2/2015
I cannot find the words to express how I feel about this chapter. I never would have expected to feel bad for that guy.
TacoKing23 chapter 10 . 10/2/2015
Wow. I mean, I was suspecting it, but I had no clue his involvement ran this deep. Daaaaaark.
TacoKing23 chapter 4 . 10/2/2015
Dude, this story is incredibly interesting. Seeing Ganondorf as something other than the straight-up King of Evil is so strange, but so interesting. It's been years since I played the game, but this is making me want to dig it back out.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/17/2015
This was an awesome story, and the kind of satisfying closure that I had hoped for through the game.
LeonaWriter chapter 12 . 3/23/2015
I found this story earlier today, from someone who'd illustrated one of the scenes. I have to say that I'm so glad I did. I kept gushing over how well written it is, how I kept giggling at silly scenes - mainly at the irony of things, especially early on. I loved everyone's reactions to Ganondorf, especially when they didn't realise that he was right there! Also, not LEAST, I absolutely adored how you made each and every character come to life completely three dimensionally. Ganondorf is exactly how I'd imagine him - driven, often by revenge, but it's the Triforce of Power that drove him to his worst acts. And the EMOTION in the scenes where he's dealing with the flooding as it happens, and later on as well, was just beautiful. Not to mention that Daphnes was scarily believable. He thought himself the hero. And I was incredibly moved by both Ganondorf being able to see his homeland for the first time in so, so long - and also the Gerudo descendants finding it later, with his help. I loved all of this.
Firefury Amahira chapter 12 . 3/2/2015
Oh wow. I found this fic on the recommended fics page over on TVTropes, and this is a beautifully rendered alternate universe version of the events in Wind Waker. The writing is great, the story pacing is excellently handled, and I really love the added depth to characters you created; especially Ganondorf. Wind Waker was probably one of the most sympathetic portrayals of the Big Bad in the entire franchise, and you ran with it beautifully. I mean, that epilogue teared me up and that doesn't happen often!

So glad I binged through the entire story in one night, even though it's now waaaaaay past my bedtime. :D
Nathaniabp chapter 12 . 1/31/2015
Okay, wow, first off, I'm so glad i found this fic, thank the goddesses. I absolutely love every bit of this retelling of Wind Waker. (well, maybe except of the prospect of Link being killed by Daphnes, but an author's gotta do what an author's gotta do, even if it meant killing an important character with someone of lesser power than them.) The pacing was great, i love how you potray the characters, it gives them a new depth of personality, especially Ganondorf. This also makes sense in a lot of ways. Though this kinda ruined my view on Daphnes, I try hard to remind myself that this is an AU, but it's just so real i can see it! Though, as a reviewer, i must be fair and discuss some faults. For starters, this isn't all that historically correct, because the Hero of Time "vanished" as in literally vanished from earth, by going back in time at the end of his quest, thus creating an alternate universe of a world with the mission finished, but the hero is nonexistent in that realm. Time passed, and for some reason, Ganon returned, but because the hero was sent back to the past, nobody is stopping him. So he couldn't be killed if he was nonexistent. also, the sages exist in a different realm ever since that quest, so they couldn't be killed either. but again, this is an AU retelling, so anything can happen. Overall, this is the best retelling of Wind Waker I've seen so far, and I'm very happy i found this. great job, man.
The Iridian Stanza chapter 12 . 8/1/2014
This... Yeah, this is how Wind Waker should have gone.
MsNegative24 chapter 12 . 3/7/2014
OH MY GOD THIS STORY WAS BRILLIANT SIMPLY BRILLIANT I AM BEAMING RIGHT NOW LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

Really this story is great and gives a whole new twist on Wind Waker which was a powerful story as it was. And I love that you restored Hyrule. I always held a hope in my heart that Hyrule could be restored in that game, that the empty lands of golden Gamecube quality beauty could be inhabited once more and restored to its former glory AND YOU DID THAT! This was really wonderful, and I love love love it to no end! You made Ganondorf a very powerful and moving character as well. I loved his story and the hardships which he and his people faced during the flood. Daphnes pissed me off though... Now I'm going to hold resentment for him in that video game whenever I play it because of this! But that's not such a big deal :P

ANYWAY I loved the story and I plan to check out more of your stories if you have them! LOVED IT!
Draconic chapter 4 . 2/17/2014
I am intrigued. Ganondorf helping Link while staying in-character. That is good.
I'm lucky to have found this fic.
Draconic chapter 2 . 2/17/2014
This story is excellent. I can't tell you how much I hated the King of Hyrule when he stole Ganondorf's wish on the Triforce in that final scene.

His outrage toward the Goddesses is completely justified, and it sums up why he's now more in the right than the people he tried to conquer.
They're all dead.
And he got to live.
Their gods destroyed them, just like his puppet said.
And the King of Hyrule's wish to destroy the fabled kingdom forever was clearly intended as a personal vendetta. It was completely unnecessary unless Daphnes Nohansen's true goal was to crush Ganondorf's hope, his last vestige of humanity. And I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
kattycha01 chapter 12 . 12/7/2013
This site need a 'like' button. this story was so good!
UnspeakableHorror chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Hi! Just finished reading this, and I do find the ending considerably more satisfying than the canon one. I think you've improved with pacing since you wrote this, though. I did enjoy the characterization of Link, Tetra, and Ganondorf very much. Well, I have more thoughts about this but that's all I can get down right now.
starsinjars chapter 12 . 11/23/2012
well...that was a pretty epic retelling of wind waker... hahaha, thanks! xD