Reviews for Optima Mater
TadPole11 chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
Awesome one shot, very insightful look into Angela's mind.
hrhrionastar chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
This is great. I love how you've given Angela really believable motivations here-her logic that Peter's doomed, so it won't matter if she loves him, and then her frustration that Nathan loves him, I especially like.

And I love this quote: He's evil. He's family.

Great story!

~Riona
BellonaBellatrix chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I saw this on the het fic noms, and I remember that you wrote that Molly fic, Dreaming, that was one of my favorite stories ever.

And this: did not disappoint.

It really is a portrait. I especially love Angela's past story, of what her gift gave her (rings the most true of even the canon story, because yes, that's sadly human reaction) and I *LOVE* her reason for loving Peter.

It's so vulnerable while cold. But so vulnerable.

I've got to say, you have a gift. Every word is measured here, and it has her controlled, clipped tone. Refined. XD

Great job, and I loved it so, so much. Thanks for sharing.
mangafreakazoid chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
This is a wonderfully written piece. Great insight into the mind of Angela. It was fantastic.
Rustinmybones chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
The first thing I'll say is: another job well done! The second thing I'll say is thanks for numbering the sections... it granted ease of readability to such free flowing timeframes. Well done. I think your concoction of unseen events (about Angela, etc.) was very clever and you did well not to go wild with it.

All in all a nice work, the only thing I might suggest is to put episode labels or list what seasons the intormation in the story comes from. I've only seen season 1 so I skipped the last few paragraphs.

Jolly good though!

Cannon
HeroesVixen chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
I thought it was pretty good.

However, you switched tenses a lot and that was somewhat distracting.

Overall though it was pretty good.
LoverFaery chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
This is... wow. I am stunned and awed. I've always loved the Petrelli family dynamic. I love the slightly sad tones.
sudoku chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Keen observation of Angela.
cirana chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
gd fic
Malvolia chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Great character sketches of Angela. You did an especially good job of capturing her carefully controlled rigidity.

I'd never heard the theory that Adam might be the ancestor of all these heroes...interesting thought... He's bound to be related to at least SOME of them, right? Probably the Petrellis, at the least. Most people are related to the Petrellis. ;)

I think my favorite bit was number 9 (IX). Angela's carefully planned and structured "love" of her sons falls down next to what family love really looks like. Great Nathan and Peter bits.
DreamBrother chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Wondeful narrative and very good job on capturing Angela Petrelli's voice, and using it to convey emotion that can be expected in her.

Kudos :-)
not jackie chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
this is great :) i really like how you used angela's pov, and how the timeline was a little scrambled. also, your theory about adam is really insightful (and creepy)
smilebackwards chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
This was awesome. I love Angela's point of view and how completely she has manipulated things without anyone really noticing. And the idea that the Company founders are all descendants of Adam is really creepy and strangely plausibe. Good work :)