Reviews for Third In Line
X59 chapter 1 . 10/16
Great one-shot.
Jonin Neji Hyuga chapter 1 . 10/7
Very interesting and deep story. Also very well written.
Rhavis chapter 1 . 9/25/2014
strangebloke chapter 1 . 12/19/2013
Poor guy got hit by power creep, just like all of the other non-saiyans. I always wondered why the guy didn't just go off into space and start his own empire. We know that he wanted to rule at one point, and he'd probably be doing whatever planets he conquered a favor, given the monsters that seem to run most of the galaxy. I guess, like Vegeta, he just enjoyed hanging out with the only people in the universe that are near his league.

I suppose that's a plot bunny for another time. I gotta say that I found Piccolo's friendship with Gohan one of the coolest things in the series. He's pretty much the kids' dad whenever Goku's not there, even though he doesn't really owe the kid anything.
Misty Blue chapter 1 . 5/25/2013
You've not just still got it, you've got it. Period. That's the spirit, Piccos! Be the strong, tough, proud 'house cat'! You are right! No hiding when there's fighting to be done! You, sir, are still in it... as if you were out at all...

Ha, yes, We looove Piccolo! Really, who can blame the guy? I mean, here he is, humbled and completely changed for the better, helping in any way he can, and did he hear any sort of recognition for it, perhaps a couple here and there... but still not enough, not that much! He's a Z hero too, you know, guys. Try to give the guy some credit, k? Surely he deserves it!

I love this piece!
Lady Venamisa chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Aww, this is sweet! 3
Dimensional Wanderer chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Interesting take on Piccolo. Knowing him, he would most certainly have a sense of inferiority complex just like Vegeta does, and how he thinks he wasn't useful in helping fight against the Z warriors enemies. Very good work.
Haphazard Snow chapter 1 . 3/9/2012
You captured Piccolo very nicely in this. I think you did an awesome job with this and I hope to read more from you soon!
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
I'm not surprised that even Piccolo had some issues with his standing as one of Earth's protectors. I think that you did a very good job in his thoughts and feelings. Very well done!
SnowLion no Miko chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
I love this fic! You write Piccolo so well! He's one of my favorite characters and you really did him justice. I loved his interaction with Gohan... Great job!
Kouji Girl chapter 1 . 8/13/2009
That story is so cute! I love Piccolo. He's my number 1 fav (followed by Future Trunks and Goku )

I loved the way you portrayed him - I felt sad when he was talking about how weak he is compared to Sayians etc. But last Gohan's lines cheered me up :D

Piccolo is really tough guy

Silver Warrior chapter 1 . 5/29/2006
wicked! Piccolo was always one of my favorite DBZ characters, just because of the way he fought.
Malcolm Merlyn chapter 1 . 5/6/2006
Wow, this is one of the most profound and well-written fics involving Piccolo I've ever read! He's always been my favorite character from the show and even after I lost interest in DBZ, his coolness still remained fresh in my head.

This fanfic with Piccolo feeling shamed and insecure over his inability to stop Cell is almost metaphorical to how much Dragonball Z jumped the shark after the Cell Saga and turned into a gigantic Super Saiyan sausage fest. You can tell I don't particularly like Vegeta and those other spikey-haired apes, eh?

Anyways, this is A-class material! What you've written is touching and poignant on every level.
storm-of-insanity chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
great introspective. i love the comparision of house cat to lion. i've never actually seen the end of the cell saga but i've got the picture now. i like the humour in the last line too
Xiilnek chapter 1 . 1/5/2005
THis goes on my favorite stories list.