Reviews for Games are afoot
It was a wonderful read it all in one go piece. I loved it.
emmabrady chapter 55 . 3/29
Great story, but whats happrns next... Are hetmione and charlie able to get through the next chapter of there relationship or do they part ways because its all to much... Do harry and ginny get together..?! It wod be interesting to see how you finish this story...
i love this story very much. BEST I HAVE EVER READ. i can feel my stomach twitch every time something romantic happens
dragongirl2101 chapter 55 . 1/2
Is that it? i'd be happily willing to read more! :)
Very Much Enjoy chapter 45 . 12/27/2016
First off, I want to say how much I love your work so far. The character interactions alone have made this such a laugh-out-loud experience for me, and Hermione's dynamic with Charlie has been especially enjoyable.

With that said, I'm kind of curious why you changed a certain aspect of the original work: the adult characters seem to be coming up with the bright ideas that originally belonged to younger characters- Charlie coming up with the Protean Charm instead of Hermione (although that was more of a suggestion, so it didn't bother me as much), the adults coming up with moving Hermione's parents instead of Hermoine (and the fact that the emotional aspect of Hermione removing her parents' memory was left out too lessens the impact of the whole situation, imo), Arthur coming up with the spattergoit-ghoul!Ron instead of Ron...

Like I said, I really like this a lot, but this is something that definitely reduces something in the story for me. I'm currently on Chapter 45, and I'm going to try to finish the story, but I really don't understand your thought process behind the change, and it bothers me more than I'd like to admit.

Still, I have enjoyed "Games are afoot", and your time and effort are very much appreciated.
grumpy grizzly chapter 1 . 12/27/2016
In response to a review I received from a guest, I am posting this answer:
Thank you for taking the time to read my story and share such an insightful review. Hopefully I can answer your question. I tried to follow canon as closely as possible and fill in my own details. But with that said, altering the details, I had to make changes to make this my own story. The perspective I took was that Charlie and the adults treated Hermione more like the mature witch that she was. I wanted to show that she and Charlie were evenly matched. We never learn where her inspiration for the protean charm comes from. But the application is all her. I love that Hermione can learn and then apply. It is one of her strengths for me. For example, Snape had them study werewolves when Lupin was out sick and Hermione figured out that Lupin was a werewolf. For example, having Charlie obliviate her parents was meant to support her in a difficult situation which shows that he considers her an equal in their relationship. There is a difference between the books and the movies. In the book, they tell Harry about obliviating Hermione's parents, but the method is not detailed out. The movie shows Hermione doing it. Part of why I liked the Charlie and Hermione pairing was that I could develop him more because he really didn't have a lot said about him in the books. There was enough to give me direction but I wouldn't betray his character. I tried very hard not to alter Hermione's character either. Adults trusted her which is why she was privileged to have the time turner. She helped Hagrid prepare his legal case. She kept older individuals like Viktor Krum interested. I didn't like Ron with Hermione because, while I thought he was smarter than he let on and brilliant strategically, I hated that she almost mothered him. I wanted someone who could appreciate Hermione and where the things that annoyed kids her own age could be used as strengths with the right partner.

I liked how Hermione pays attention to those with more experience and then uses that knowledge to suit her own ends.

In answer to the Arthur coming up with the spattergoit Ron, I felt that it was how Arthur was recognizing and supporting the kids in their mission just as Dumbledore would have. He helped provide them with moral support and encouragement to enable them to leave when they needed to. I look at the Weasley family as a team. Which is why Charlie and Bill helped Ron figure out how to get back. They didn't just know, but they worked with him so Ron could be successful. I like the strength of the Weasley family.

I hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Grumpy Grizzly
Arianna21 chapter 55 . 12/4/2016
If you ever wanted to finish this story, I'd be forever greatful :)
It is really good and one of my alltime favourites :)
kudos to you
Red Garden Gnome chapter 55 . 11/22/2016
This story really was incredible! I just had hoped that there would've been a more satisfying ending to this magnificent piece of work.
GracieMo1321 chapter 55 . 10/9/2016
Is this story complete? I would love an epilogue of some kind, just to tie everything together.
Melody-of-the-wind chapter 27 . 10/7/2016
ď
Susnsmsh chapter 55 . 9/27/2016
I can't believe that's how you ended it. Damn. I was so excited for the next chapter and then I realized there weren't any more. That's a super frustrating way to end a fantastic story!
WizardWriting chapter 1 . 8/15/2016
Quite simply, this is one of the most perfect pieces of work I have read on this site. This was one of the first five stories I ever read, and it remains to be one of my absolute all-time favorites. However, I would like to point out what others have said in that the last several chapters (especially the final chapter) seems extremely rushed. It kind of takes away from so many "magical" moments that are scattered within the first three-quarters of your story. Nonetheless, fabulous work!
thiaurie chapter 55 . 8/10/2016
Is this the end? It this is, I just want to say that I love your story and I enjoy the ride
Mrslmather chapter 55 . 7/21/2016
Iv read this story a few times now and it's still blows me away an amazing story amazing details a nd fantasticly written we. Red moreeeee!
Charlie's Girl chapter 7 . 6/23/2016
A similar thing happened to me once. It was obviously not apparition but I was with the guy I had a crush on at school going up stairs when it was period switch. I was pushed and I nearly fell. He caught me, and oddly my twin had the same thing happen to him. The thing is I was half hugged, while he was caught around the bag. Weird twin thing hey.
1,669 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »