Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
alondrizdiaz chapter 31 . 3/6
Amazing wonderful
pyande chapter 4 . 1/18
Hey you might want to remove the underlining in this. Ch 3 or 4 i think. It doesn't encourage a reader. No offense.
triagain chapter 18 . 11/11/2020
Wouldn't he be Tom Riddle III not junior?
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 10 . 9/20/2020
I thought for sure the special creature Hagrid had was the Griffin. And this is too soon for Harry's 'love' to die, right? Unless this makes his love inside him die instead of 'his love' being a person... He saves her with sidealong, right?
Alfa Wolfcub chapter 1 . 9/17/2020
Oh, man. I found your story through a lost of werewolf cures and/or Longbottem cures (so super looking forward did that) but I almost had to ditch it because I couldn't get an inverse color app to work well (as in only converting what's want and ignoring the rest) but I am so glad you are on this site that will do it for me. I hope I don't lose too much content reading it here, but I will take it.
I can't wait to see what you write. I'm only one chapter in and I'm hooked. Often I have to give an author a few chapters of set up before in like them, hehe.
Ppsh chapter 31 . 8/18/2020
Welp... overall, really good read. I like your writing style, the characters are all done really well, the fights were pretty good for the most part and this is definitely one of the better super-Harry stories out there, since it's not just total BS powerup out of nowhere, he actually does train and get better over time. Your OC Ethan Rafe wasn't that bad either. His intro sucked but where you went with it was quite good. And the relationship with Ginny was pretty decent. I liked the whole diary and ring presents thing, it was nice. I usually prefer Harry/Hermione pairings, but here it did make sense for him to be with Ginny. Though at the same time, I did feel like that was something of an oddity in this story; Hermione and Ron really get shunted aside 95% of the story, which feels a little unjustified and out of character. The only thing I really didn't like in this story was how persistently angsty Harry is the whole way through. He just really never gets over that teenager-level bitchiness and it does get super old. Like I get that he goes through tons of shit, but to me if that kind of stuff is happenign over and over again, people get used to it, they toughen up, they harden in response to events. But Harry doesn't, he just keeps moping and screaming it's unfair, why me, blabla. Well maybe he gets a little better towards the end, but its very slow.
Anyway thanks for the story. I'm gonna go read the sequels now.
Ppsh chapter 26 . 8/18/2020
This is verging on the most angsty Harry I have ever seen to be honest. He is just one unending puddle of tears and snot. I'm surprised his animagus form isn't some kind of slime monster.
Ppsh chapter 24 . 8/18/2020
Yikes, it's return of babymode Harry. Waaah, I killed Death Eaters, I'm a muuurdererrr. **** me. Grow a pair of balls already Harry! Can you go 1 chapter without crying? This is like some Marvel/Superhero/bullshit false moralism where somehow sparing murderers is the moral outcome... it's ridiculous. Every single Death Eater he killed is one less piece of murdering garbage out there killing innocent people. There is not even one iota of legitimate moral issue involved.
Ppsh chapter 23 . 8/18/2020
This story is getting much better as it goes along. Harry is finally learning some actual magic other than stupid stupefy for one. He's also beginning to stop being such a bitch which is way overdue.
Ppsh chapter 20 . 8/17/2020
Man, will Harry's pity party ever end? I keep waiting for him to just grow up, or hell, get angry instead of sad. But he just keeps on moping endlessly. It's getting really damn old.
Ppsh chapter 17 . 8/17/2020
Great chapter, but Harry letting Umbridge go was infuriating and bizarre. 2 other death eaters just ran off. Why would he let her go? Not only that but a reducto blows those cunts into pieces, instead he uses useless stupefy against all the death eaters, which is countered by a simple ennervate. He didn't tie any of them up, most likely those 20 death eaters will escape and go murder more people. Just a really worthless effort at the end of the day, no matter how powerful he is, he doesn't use his power to any real effect. And if you think Voldemort had 200ish death eaters, Harry would have taken out over 1/10th of his forces in this one battle, had he bothered to use a spell that wasn't some sissy pansy crap.
Ppsh chapter 12 . 8/17/2020
I was pretty critical in my earlier review about Ethan, and I still stand by the idea that he's a bit of a gary stu... I mean he is the best qudditch beater now, and nearly beat Ron in chess... there is nothing this guy isn't good at... but that being said, his interactions at Hogwarts have been pretty low key, and I haven't disliked it as much as I would have had he become a major character.
That asides, the plot with the mystery circle, Stonehenge, even the Dursleys reconciliation/death has been done pretty well. You haven't just regurgitated canon, pretty much everything is different, and that alone is major brownie points in fanfiction.
Only thing I wish is that Harry would stop being so morose. I mean, I guess you can't totally blame the guy, but it does get a bit repetitive.
Ppsh chapter 6 . 8/16/2020
This OC is a pretty cancerous gary stu. At least it has all the appearances of it... in fact the very idea that there is some super advanced orphan kid from the states who is somehow the same age as Harry but better than him in every way, who Dumbledore has to track down to teach Harry all his elite magics... is just retarded beyond fathoming. Harry is already pretty advanced in defense, top of his year in fact. We are supposed to believe some nobody who was taught by no one and attended no school is way above him? As if! Not to mention this guy apparently is also a super genius who is also attractive according to Hermione. I have a question; is there ANYTHING this guy isn't superb at?
The worst part is this story has been pretty good up till this point. Then suddenly you were like "lol let me just create and OC that's better than every canon character at everything."
Ppsh chapter 4 . 8/16/2020
... why is this entire chapter in italics and underlined?
NhaTrang chapter 2 . 7/13/2020
One minor bone to pick: it's pitch black at 5 AM? Not in Surrey in July it isn't - 5 AM this time of year is sunrise. You want Harry to have pitch black, he'd better set his alarm for 4.