Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
surlyjo chapter 10 . 9/22/2010
I like Ethan Rafe. I particularly like your waystation between life and death.
jesusfreak100percent chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
I'm just starting to read your fanfic and I noticed a flaw I had to point out. When speaking about opposites, one example you use is "religion and science". Religion and science are not opposites. Many religious people are scientists and their religion has a lot to do with science.

Other than that, I guess I'll review more later when I've finished reading your story :)
surlyjo chapter 4 . 9/22/2010
So the Ministry is going to ignore the Decree Against Underage Magic for Harry after the Dementor debacle with Dudley? Eh, he's earned it, anyway.
surlyjo chapter 3 . 9/22/2010
Awesome broom chase scene!
Tom chapter 31 . 9/15/2010
I just finished reading the Sword of the Hero and I really enjoyed it. I thought you did a wonderful job of relaying Harry's inner turmoil. I really felt for him and felt that I understood him. I love the "super Harry" kind of stories and you went above and beyond that with this first installment. I am looking forward to starting the next story and can't wait to find out how Harry gets out of this one. Thank you for your time and effort in writing this as well as the sequels.
Cathy-Ann chapter 15 . 8/24/2010
Hermione rolled her eyes. "How many times? You're just like Ron," she continued smiling. "My house is just outside of Oxford, in the town of Abingdon."

funny thing you chose that name for a city.

i used that name in a story,as well

Much later Abingdon was awoken, briefly when a 10 megaton nuclear bomb being transported thru the town was detonated by magic. Snape and Harry apparated in and hit it with a magical curse, then apparated away before it blew up.

The detonation left a big hole in the ground, but the river flowing thru there filled up the hole in a few hours so now Abingdon Lake was where the city had been.

www. fanfiction s/ 2739441/ 2/ After_The_Abuse_Part_One
soappy chapter 31 . 8/11/2010
great story, as always! (this could replace the actual harry potter books... xD)
ishu161 chapter 31 . 7/28/2010
Simply Awesome.

I ran through this story at the speed of light, and have only spotted a handful of mistakes which I don't care to remember as the story was far too exciting. The previous,giant chapter(wasn't bored for even a second, I promise) was simply jaw-dropping. Although I don't know why you couldn't have separated it into multi chapters, would've been easy and made sense, as the war was long. Maybe divided the scenes of the forest and Hogsmeade instead of showing them in continuity( by changing the time scale , but I realize that wud've affected the story-line as well...oh well).

But EVEN BETTER than the second last chapter was this last chapter IMHO, the last few paragraphs describing how the wizarding world moved on and became even stronger in the event of Harry's disappearance is awesome (and sadly or not, is also true for many countries battling terrorism, including my own).

I really liked the bit about Auror trainees application increasing, shows you've paid really good attention to every factor ;)

The only problem I saw(even if it doesn't matters now, since this trilogy is finished) is that you tend to get repetitive with Harry's emotions (honestly, the 'single tear rolling down his cheek' annoyed the hell out of me as it happened far to often.)

He's Harry-freakin'-Potter! He don't cry every time Sirius is mentioned! He'd rather storm out of the room, give out a frustrated sigh or something! and you described his 'emotions' enough times to last me a lifetime!

This is also becoming a problem in your recent story 'WASTELANDS OF TIME' with the "damn-it all to hell"s and the "Maybe yes-Maybe No"s

But all things aside, One HELL of a Story you got here Joe!

Kudos to you.

P.S. I really enjoy the 'disclaimers'!
cucio chapter 1 . 7/23/2010
It was made clear that Harry's relationship with Padma was doomed when right after he beat her in a duel he called her "Orc Hideous" (chap. 9). Smooth, Harry, smooth.
Jamie Smith chapter 31 . 7/22/2010
WOW! I have just finished the story and am immediately startign the next. I can grant no further praise than that.
Eclairis chapter 31 . 7/19/2010
I am rereading this trilogy for the first time in years. And it has come to my attention that few HP stories ever achieve truly great levels. Few authors have the skill or simply the stamina to write novels of any length and quality. This story is one of them. You can also point to Barb's Psychic Serpent trilogy as maybe the first (for me anyway) or some of Jbern's novel-length stories to name a few. I was reading this because I am also following your Wastelands of time story which is better (if you ask me) most likely because of the simple fact that it was written after. Anyways, all I wanted to say was that I thoroughly enjoyed the story and that the last chapter, with all its angst and emotion, was easily the best of the story with this passage being my favorite:

"Before I write any further I think it should be appreciated that our world possesses only a handful of extraordinary men and women. Truly extraordinary people that rise above the rest of us and do what is right for the world. We admire these people. We admire Harry Potter. These people are so selfless, sometimes deadly, that there are moments when our history, and our present, leaps forward into the future on the backs of these amazing people."

The articles written in the Prophet were well written and poignant. I will be starting Defiance and reviewing once I finish reading. Good Luck.
Tatze chapter 31 . 7/16/2010
dear author,

amazing story you wrote there. i read it after reading the wastelands of time(so far) and while wastelands is even better this story is some absolutely nice read, too. cant wait to start the 2nd story now.

best regards

padfoot
AllyAlexandra chapter 3 . 6/26/2010
I love the last line of this chapter. Perfectly in character. Only Harry could take out seven (well, six) DE's, fly through the Great Hall, land on his own House's table and still have time for a witty remark.
AllyAlexandra chapter 2 . 6/26/2010
Ooh I was on the edge of my seat during that chapter. I like that Harry actually felt something at the Dursley's death. Despite the animosity between them and the years of malnourishment and emotional/verbal abuse, they were still people he knew. And death should never become something one is used to.

Very good chapter. I'm excited to continue reading.
AllyAlexandra chapter 1 . 6/26/2010
A good start! I'm a fan of your other work (Wastelands - which is phenomenal) and I thought it was about time I explored this story. I like the way you've set it up. Unique way of having the oath bring about the prophecy - I really like that.

As someone who believes we make our own fate, I always had trouble with the prophecy in the series. Especially with Dumbledore's belief in it - what with him always spouting gems of wisdom like "it is our choices...that make us who we are".

Regardless of all of my musings, this was a great start. I can't wait to continue reading!
341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »