Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
kyoshi711 chapter 12 . 2/21/2013
Why would breaking up with Padma make any difference. The whole world knows that Padma is his girlfriend, so breaking up would not change anything. He still cares for her and she would remain a target.
kyoshi711 chapter 11 . 2/21/2013
How in God's green earth do you have Harry in a war that is kill or be killed and have Harry firing stunners? Also he could have summoned the knife from the Death Eater and used a blasting curse on the rat. Stunning is for playing games with other children. There is so many ways to kill as a wizard that it's a joke. Avada Kadava is a nice way to kill. A cutting curse or summon their heart or barb wire conjured around the neck is far more painful.
ASocks chapter 3 . 2/21/2013
Grr, I know this fic is getting on a bit, but why didn't Dumbledore and Voldemort check their facts better? Poor students for having to listen to such sad news...
win08 chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
nice chapter...
ArcaneMaverick chapter 31 . 10/13/2012
Pretty damn cool overall. Our imaginations are always better.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 30 . 10/13/2012
That portkey scene with Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Malfoy was awful because it was so unbelievable.

Wow, for having superior numbers the Aurors fight like shit. Dark magic is no excuse since that's what their supposed to be train to defend. They were not working as a team.

Ron was a fucking hero in the forest.

I wondered where Harry's invisibility cloak went. It would have been foolish of him to not utilize such a useful item.

What the hell? Why was Voldemort protected from the sword?

Ginny is such a fan girl. How annoying that she ran away from the portkey.

Harry probably could have snapped his wand with thought magic when he was tied up.
But if any of my suggestions happened or any of your things didn't happen, we wouldn't have an epic story.

Didn't Voldemort open the portal with some blood from his hand? Couldn't Harry just toss a handful of his own in there? He certainly split enough to try.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 29 . 10/13/2012
Decent preparation. Snape didn't seem to do jackshit to help at all in this story. Spying for nothing really.

Mcgonagall had no reason to detain Harry with the battle nigh. I thought she would know that. Sometimes you have characters do odd things from your already established personalities.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 28 . 10/13/2012
Dermas is pretty much like Sirius.

Harry turned pretty unlikeable last chapter because he was so unrealistic. He doesn't have to be a tough macho man, but he is repetitive and I don't feel he has a legitamate reason for not seeking help when he needs it. Unless he wants the nightmares and visions, he also has no business forcing that suffering on himself. He causes a lot of his own agony.

I loved reading about that bacon sandwich though.

I believe in the real world, they would have received help in the first meeting. After an important school was blown up, the rest of the world would truly help. Pity wizard society doesn't match the muggle one in that regard. They kinda suck sometimes.

I have a problem with the saying that the dark forces would triple if the other ministries got involved, but since this is old there's no point. Shame that wizards don't use guns. They'd be dead useful since dark lords would consider them beneath their attention for being muggle.

Blah blah blah more complaint and nitpicks, but this is still entertaining. I struggle because I approach the reading with how I would act in Harry's place.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 27 . 10/13/2012
I'm glad this chapter happened because Dumbledore has been doing basically nothing the whole time.

In the face of this great terror, I can't help but compare it to the real world and much more we would kick it's ass in reality.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 26 . 10/13/2012
The love story wasn't too good. You did a better job with Padma.

I was wondering where the hell are Harry's trainers? Harry should be learning from them otherwise this turns into a typical post-OoTP fic where Harry speed-trains in some magical place that gives him what he needs.

Anway, it seems Harry angsts about the same old thing every chapter. It gets old.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 25 . 10/13/2012
Hmmm, despite my review last chapter, I find Harry's reaction to these events distasteful. I like him less. I thought he was over many of his issues, but I guess not. Earlier in a previous chapter he acknowledged he is not alone, but here he is refusing help again for good reason. Where are his other trainers anyway?
ArcaneMaverick chapter 24 . 10/13/2012
So far I have read everything. This is certainly one of the best, most complete, and authentic Harry Potter stories ever. I can see things come full circle later on with the knowledge I have from reading future chapters in the sequels. Much more interesting to me that what JKR actually wrote. She had many plot holes, you do as well, but much less. Any issues I have stem from parts of how you characterize the actors in this story. To me, Harry constantly agonizing over his action means he still has not accepted his duty. He does the work, but whines almost every step of the way, lamenting his position. It's tricky to blame him given the immensity of your trilogy, but still hard to accept after he read that part about Godric in the book. However, in that sense this does make your Harry somewhat memorable.

Also, any other problems you have stem from problems in JKRs original text. I found it hard to believe that one man could cower a nation so easily, but to be fair we never had a real picture of the scope of the previous war and this one. The education at Hogwarts must have been terrible if in their Defense of the Dark Arts classes they didn't learn shield spells and other things. I would expect a civilization who had a class like that would practice to protect themselves from anything. It's part in human nature for self-preservation. Given they have amazing powers, it would be logical magical kind would do the same.

In many ways, you have made Harry utter similar sentiments in this chapter that align with my favorite character of all time, Megaman X. Also a hero with an immense destiny presented to him that he chose to follow through to see justice while lamenting the lives he took in the process.

Ah well, there's no point to saying much else, but basically, reading this has revealed a lot to me about storytelling and characterization.
dhasenan chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Apostrophes! The poor apostrophes!
ashwingsmokefeather chapter 31 . 9/25/2012
Wow.

Just wow . . .

That was amazing.

I have no words to describe the sheer awesomeness of this story.

And this isn't even the whole story . . . there's two more parts to go . . .

I now end this rather incoherent review to go read said second and third parts.

Thank you so much for sharing this story.
Adam chapter 24 . 9/23/2012
Wow , one of the best description of the fight , i enjoyed evry fight in this fanfiction , but this , wow , truly epic :D
455 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »