Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
rdg2000 chapter 27 . 1/21/2012
I think I finally figured out what you're doing with Harry:

Bipolar disorder is a condition in which people go back and forth between periods of a very good or irritable mood and depression. The "mood swings" between mania and depression can be very quick (From www ncbi nlm nih gov - just put in the dots).

Having a wife that's a bit bipolar (also known as Manic Depression), I can tell you it's not pretty. If Harry doesn't address his issues soon, or get some kind of help, he will fall into a place he will not be able to climb out of, and not even Ginny will be able to help him then.

rdg2000 chapter 26 . 1/21/2012
This, to me, was for the most parts a very good chapter. Harry made good progress with his magic, and your section where Ginny is writing in her journal were very moving.

However (again), I'm confused how Harry can have almost unlimited power one minute, and he next be almost powerless against Voldemort - as in when he sent Harry the vision of killing that family. I would think that one of the first things Harry would do is find out how he can use his magic to protect his mind, or possible turn the tables on Voldemort when he tries to attach him.

He's done it in the past as we say with the battle of Hogsmead. Take the time to understand what you're doing when you're standing toe to toe with Voldemort AND PROTECT YOUR MIND!

I just realized that this is the first of a three part series (I know slow on my part, but I started reading this as someone recommended it to me), so I take it that things are going to be slow and painful for Harry.

Well, it is interesting enough to keep reading, so I'll see how else you can torture Harry and make his life a living H&!.

rdg2000 chapter 18 . 1/19/2012
This was a much better chapter than the last one, in my opinion.

Very moving with just the right amount of sorrow and anger.

On to the next chapter.

rdg2000 chapter 17 . 1/19/2012
Stupefy? He starts a battle for life and death with stupefy? Yes, he did get a little better in the end, but when he's facing Voldemort, and they are standing nose to, well, nose, why didn't Harry introduce him to a little silver sword that his many times removed great grandfather wanted him to have? Just think how Voldemort would be feeling with the blade of Gryffindor sticking through him?

I just hope Harry can get himself patched up before Volde finds him again.

rdg2000 chapter 16 . 1/19/2012
It's good that Grandma Granger can confide in Harry a little. I hope he takes some strength from that, but right now all Voldemort would have to do is show up and Harry wouldn't be able to stand up let alone fight him OR his death eaters - Weak, weak, weak. I hope you can fix that.

rdg2000 chapter 13 . 1/16/2012
Okay, I don't get it. At one minute Harry is a source of unlimited power, who can destroy just about everything with a thought and the next minute he's a 150 lb. weakling who has to be held up by his friends. Make up your mind super hero or super wimp - one or the other. No, he can't be both.

I would think that he (Harry) would take some time (with Dumbledore, Hermione, or Ethan's help) to understand how to use the power he's been given to where he could block Voldemort or turn the punishment back into his (Voldemort's) mind. Remember, you're the one who said 'Nothing is impossible'.

I'll keep reading in hopes that Harry settles down a little, but the fact that there are still 18 chapters left leads me to believe it may not be anytime soon that Harry figures things out.

Here's hoping thing get better soon.

rdg2000 chapter 7 . 1/15/2012
I know this story was written some time ago, but there is one thing that Ron and Hermione keep on saying that would bug the heck out of me if I were Harry. "...You have to tell me what's going on!"...

NO! HE DOESN'T HERMOINE! YOU'RE NOT HIS MOTHER AND YOU'RE NOT HIS SCRINK! GET A LIFE AND FIND OUT THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.

Over all the story is quite enjoyable, even if it seems to move slow in places.

So, it looks like Voldemort was able to have a son before he met Harry the first time? If I were Ethan, I wouldn't want to called by my 'father's ' name either.

One thing I think I would do if I were Ethan would be to tell Harry and his friends about my past and the fact that my 'father' had me marked as soon as I was born. That could help avoid a lot of misunderstandings in the future.

Well, on to the next chapter then,

hypnoticageregression chapter 31 . 1/7/2012
Oh my God, I love this. Just read it again. You are a true wordsmith, sir! I also just bought your book on Kindle, can't wait to read it :)
SuperiorShortness chapter 31 . 1/5/2012
The beginning chapters were a bit rough I think and the final battle was agonizingly annoying... Voldemort was not injured by any intelligence or conscious power of HP but rather by blind accidental magic of kid lashing out. It sorta portrays Harry as being anyone else but has tons of power. Just the lucky one, rather than being a selfless and amazing person.

Overall though loved the first part and am going on.
SuperiorShortness chapter 30 . 1/5/2012
Ughhhs... This chapter defines for me why I dislike the Harry/Ginny pairing... I just don't see what Ginny has to offer but being a trophy wife... And she isn't pretty enough for that...
SuperiorShortness chapter 4 . 1/5/2012
Harry was denied going to Diagon Alley in the summer... But he's sent with one guard while he's injured? Bad chapter mate.
Klldarkness chapter 31 . 1/3/2012
Oh Joe...Mother Fucking Joe... Here I sit, reading the Hero Trilogy for my third time. It's been six months since I read it last, yet it still brings about an emotional response for Harry, and the story you write. I remember what happens, from here, till the end. Yet, I still look forward to reading it all once more. I've read thousands of Harry Potter Fanfiction, yet, I always find myself returning to the greatest stories ever written... "In this World, and The Next", "The Temporal Beacon", "The R Series", By Regulas, "The Hero Trilogy", "Bungle In The Jungle", "The Wastelands Of Time", "Heartlands Of Time"... I always come back, and read them again, and again. The stories I mention are all SO amazing, for they each capture the Essence of Harry Potter. Hate, Regret, Loss, Pain, Heroism, Tragedy, Triumph, Passion, Friendship, and Love. Keep Going Joe. Keep writing, and I'll keep reading. Till next time Joe.
The Disappearing Me chapter 31 . 11/28/2011
You said it yourself - this is not as good as your other fics. That said, it's still ridiculously good, especially for the first fic you've posted, and for this to not be up to the quality of your more recent writing just goes to show what a high level your writing is at now. Most FF authors would be falling over themselves to be able to write this at the peak of their writing career, and you've written it at the beginning. Also, on a random note, did I catch a Matrix reference? Bending a spoon with thought magic feels pretty Matrix-y to me. :) I look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy, and will probably do so soon, despite the fact that I should most definitely be studying for finals right now. I tell you, discovering that DLP Community, while the most fun I've had, has also led to weeks of the least studying I've ever done. Not only are these fics addicting, but the authors are also very prolific. And, most unfortunately, I'm hooked...definitely bad timing on my part. Anyways, great job!
DarrenJaguar chapter 6 . 11/20/2011
_While rubbing his knuckles with his left hand he turned towards Harry.

"So who was that?" he asked._

Greatest moment EVER.

Just a quick review to say that Imma liking so far. COuldn't help but notice the reuse of the name Ethan Rafe...

Anyways, great stuff :)
Jerri-ArcAngel chapter 9 . 10/31/2011
i would like to point out that the numbers to the ministry of magic's telephone booth are 62442. they spell out magic just so you know.
455 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »