Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
Charles32184 chapter 19 . 6/4/2010
I read the author's notes. Good story by the way, it is fun to watch a person grow as an author over time. Especially when I don't have to wait for the next chapter to get written.
FirePhoenix86 chapter 31 . 5/16/2010
Yours is one of those stories that a person reads over and over again for years. It's amazing. And I've only finished the first part. I'm dying to know where Harry went...So I'm going to start the second part even though I have things to do...this is one of those stories I'll be putting off real life in order to finish.

Epic.
darksidhe42 chapter 17 . 5/10/2010
Yep. You did did good!
darksidhe42 chapter 12 . 5/10/2010
I like the way Fudge stood up to V-mort as he died...
darksidhe42 chapter 6 . 5/7/2010
Hm. Tom Riddle jr? Or in this case, Tom Riddle the third, v-mort jr.
darksidhe42 chapter 3 . 5/7/2010
Nice fight sceene. In fact, it was kinda amazing.

I don't usually review stories that are years old till the last chapter. Since I just had to review your fight, though, I'll also say that I love your Harry/Dudley relationship.

Onward...
Jimbocous chapter 31 . 4/28/2010
Thanks for reposting this. Overall a nicely-done story, and I'm looking forward to the sequels. For womething written at such a young age, it's really great writing, and certainly stands up well even now. Thanks for a great read!
Erora chapter 4 . 4/24/2010
I LOVE IT!
aalens chapter 20 . 4/13/2010
I am delighted that your Sirius thought to leave so much to Lupin . Far too many fics I've read leave poverty stricken Lupom nothing or very little in Sirius' will and far too much to Harry, a Harry who is often rich already.
aalens chapter 17 . 4/13/2010
Yeah you certainly did do good. B/hell you started me biting my nails again!
aalens chapter 13 . 4/13/2010
I feel guilty because I have not left a review since the first or second chapter - but comfort myself that it is your fault as you have written so 'un-put-downable' a fic that I could not spare even the couple of minutes a review would take.

BTW do not worry about what you call 'mistakes' - there are very few of them now, only one or occasionally two per chapter at most. The only things that are a bit annoying are Brit pick errors - such as; no British person uses the word 'gotten', unless perhaps he is a time traveller from several centuries ago or has spent too long in the USA or watched too much American TV. Also, adding an 's' to the word 'anyway' is a purely American habit. Any character using 'gotten' or 'anyways' may as well stand up and shout that he is an American pretending to be an British person.
aalens chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
This promises to be a very good fic indeed. I'm eager to read on.

I have one question (gripe? LOL) : Having made the decision to use the word 'thee' why not be consisent and use the other archaic forms of the word 'you' and verbs? For one thing it would have enabled you to use the grammatically correct form in this sentence:

'...Will you do the honourable thing now, old friend? Or will thee cut me down where I stand... defenceless."...'

Which should have read: Wilt thou do the honourable thing now, old friend? Or wilt thou cut me down where I stand... defenceless."...' In any case, even if you decided to leave the verbs in a modern form, where you have 'thee' which is the ojective form it should have been the sunjective 'thou'.

Also, here:

'This war has just begun, Slytherin. And as long as one of your descendants strives to kill all those who are innocent, I promise thee that one of mine will be there to stop him." '

It would be more consistent to have:

'This war has just begun, Slytherin. And as long as one of thine descendants strives to kill all those who are innocent, I promise thee that one of mine will be there to stop him."

(I do not fear your being upset at this review, because, in your AN on your profile, you have actually thanked those bastards at DLP for their abuse as it has enabled you to improve your writing. Anyone who can do that has nothing to fear from any reviews from any more normal people – and BTW , my sincere admiration. So far, you are the only fanfic author I’ve come across who that has reacted to DLP’s comments with anything less than furious indignation. )
Delrusant chapter 31 . 4/2/2010
strange story where voldemort use ancient magic with none the wiser, where obvious clues are not reported and so not really investigated, and in a final where thought magic would have help, it is unused.

An entertaining though a bit longish story when you read it in a go instead of intallements.

good job for a first fanfic even if it was corrected once a lot more experienced.
Silent Avid Magma chapter 31 . 3/28/2010
Very nice. I enjoyed the read.

I look forward to seeing where you intend to go with this.

Thanks.