Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
SirPoncyMcPonce chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Oh pants… I stopped reading after the first few paragraphs…

You capitalised letters where they are not needed, such as after semi-colons, and the sentence structures can alter; you don’t have to use one line paragraphs to keep people interested.

The major problem, however, is the historical factors you tried to incorporate. You mention the Crusades, plural, yet say that the only opposition to ‘Christians’ were the Turks. In actual fact, most of the fighting was done by the Catholic Christians against any enemy of the Pope; be they Turk, Egyptian, Hussite or even Orthodox Christians. You say that history sees one side evil and another good, but I beg to differ; history may be written by the victors, yet anybody who managed to pass their GCSE history knows that sources can be biased and will not judge on a single viewpoint. It is our own assumptions on evidence given which predetermine our viewpoint. Your original philosophy on Good and Evil seems to be wrongly presented, and so has deterred me from continuing with this FanFiction.

Can I also point out that in nearly every base Religion there is a point where your philosophy does not cover; be it Heaven, Nirvana, Shangri-La etc. “Beginning supposedly, with Heaven and Hell” – In actual fact Heaven was created before Hell, and existed without a ‘yin-yang’ balance; according to the one source we have on the subject, of course.

“Did the Turks think themselves as evil? Who knows?” Those are stupid rhetoric’s, because they were fighting not only for their lives and those of their families, but also for the right to believe what they wish; there is no question on which side is evil and the other good because it was mindless oppression. Both sides committed atrocities in the first and second Crusades, to which I believe you are referring when you say ‘Turks’, and neither can be painted with either brush. The world is not black and white, and too many people view this.

While an admirable attempt at a prologue, it brands this FanFiction to be one where Harry is completely right, and Voldemort wrong. In your logic, you should be thinking ‘are the Death Eaters evil? Who knows?’, but that can’t be because you identified two entities; Good and Evil. There is no middle ground; no grey area.

So, I have been scared away; in all honesty the pairing didn’t help, and neither did that one review saying how Harry used ‘stupefy’ in a battle to the death with the most powerful Dark Lord ever (according to cannon) which is another clear example of Harry remaining the sole bastion of all that is ‘Light’ or ‘Good’.

Just thought that I’d add in my two cents because you said that you were re-doing the chapters to exclude error and believe that the prologue should be edited. Hastala-vista. Dark Stallion.
Mersedes chapter 31 . 3/17/2008
YOU ARE THE MASTER OF ALL ACTION SCENES EVER DEPICTED. THAT WAS BLOODY AMAZING. HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU EVER WRITE SUCH A MASTERPIECE? I'M ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED AT HOW WELL YOU WRITE. YOU WRITE THE ACTION SCENES EVEN BETTER THAT JK ROWLING. I LOVE THIS FIC SO MUCH. YOU'VE GOT THE PERFECT AMOUNTS OF EVERYTHING IN HERE! EMOTION. DRAMA. SUSPENSE-OH I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE SCENE WHERE YOU MADE IT SEEM AS THOUGH REMUS DIED. ANGST. I LOVE THIS FIC! I ALSO LOVE YOUR WRITING STYLE-THE WAY YOU SWITCH BETWEEN TIMES. THAT REALLY MAKES THE STORY ALL THE MORE SUSPENSEFUL. YOU'VE DONE A BLOODY WONDERFUL JOB HERE. MARVELOUS. SPECTACULAR. AMAZING...THIS IS THE BEST HARRY POTTER FANFIC OUT THERE. GREAT JOB. AND THANK YOU FOR WRITING SUCH A PERFECT FIC. IT'S BEEN A PRIVILEDGE READING IT.
kyoshi chapter 17 . 3/17/2008
The only problem I have with stories is that in a battle to the death you have harry shooting stupify. The adage is kill or be killed not touch and poke.
munchnzoey chapter 31 . 3/6/2008
good story!
Red Death chapter 5 . 2/26/2008
I'm still trying to figure out HOW author's thought they could get away with calling it "DADA" class and not "Defense" or the full name, "Defense Against the Dark Arts." It just makes them look like lazy kids who type in all abbreviations, or worse: the "l33tspeak" used by the truly pathetic.

It's almost as bad as using numbers as words. "I graduated 4 years ago."

Neither are grammatically allowed, and both drive readers absolutely up the wall.
Red Death chapter 3 . 2/26/2008
A tip, though I'm sure you already know this and will correct it soon: Lyrics (such as the Five For Fighting lyrics at the top of this chapter) are banned. Any instance of them are instant grounds for deletion. No exceptions, allowances, or exlanations. They don't even allow you a saving throw. They've *all* got to go.
Margarite Isabelle chapter 8 . 2/19/2008
reading this story has been very nice. it seems that just about everyone has written some sort of alternate to book six or seven and a lot of them aren't any good, so it's always nice to read one that is written well. your a/n about how much your writing style and ability has changed over time is very true, i can totally tell a difference. i read what you have done of 'wastelands of time' before reading this and its almost like they are written by two totally different people. your writing style has less mistakes and flows more smoothly now than how it did when you wrote this. still, your ideas outshine any minor spelling or grammar mistakes you make in this piece. as i said above, i always enjoy finding a long story like this that is done so well. granted, i haven't finished it yet, but i'm sure i'll have plenty more good things to say when i do. i hope you have the rest of the sequels up and edited on this site soon as well.

isy
Nukenin chapter 31 . 2/18/2008
Absolutely amazing. Just couldn't tear myself away from reading it. Now I have to go devour the sequel.
DuShuZhi chapter 31 . 2/11/2008
Okay, I just want to say one word...Thanks.

This story was so great. I've already gone to the other fanfic website and read the second story and what's posted for the third. All great stuff. So great that it dominated two days of my life and I read through it all. How could I not? It is excellent writing!

I love the Harry Potter stories, they're the originals after all, but your stories have captured my interest more than JK's ever have. What you've written is so haunting that I find myself lying awake in bed, wondering and contemplating what will happen next.

So yeah, thanks.
ves heill chapter 31 . 2/3/2008
Enjoyed this a lot (which I was a bit surprised at, as I generally don't favor Super!Harry fics), and am now off to read the second book. One thing that did frustrate me was in the chapter with the Hogsmeade Battle where the entire chapter we are jumping backwards and forwards in time - it makes it much more confusing and completely took my mind out of the story because I kept having to go back to the preceding section and figure out how much time had changed since that part took place.
jon chapter 31 . 2/3/2008
Top five stories i have read in six years, keep it up, cant wait!
burtikus chapter 31 . 1/28/2008
Loved it - can't imagine how I missed this the first time around. Great fic!
willow51 chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
wow.

i heard about this story off a yahoo group, and just let me say as a first chapter. It completely hooks you in, wanting more.

well done
SpiffyRamenEater chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
The prologue is amazing, especially the, well, prologue to the prologue I suppose you could call it. All the good versus evil, while normally cliched, really draws the reader into the story.

One thing I could not understand however, was William. Maybe this gets cleared up in a later chapter, but in the prologue is seems very random, like it's a bad place to insert your own character. I guess you can't do much about him if he is important later, but it was definitely a turn off, especially if it doesn't get explained.

Overall though, I'm definitely hooked, at least for now.
Potter Abducted by Penguins chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
I think you should have classified this story as Angst. It is full of Harry feeling guilty and people blaming him. I was really expecting a story where Harry wises up and realizes that Dumbledore kept him with his abusive relatives, realizes that all the incidents at Hogwarts were only setups, and when he finally does hear the "Prophesy", he realizes that he is being set up as a Martyr.

Harry cannot have any friends because "I am Lord Voldemort" aka Tom Marvolo Riddle will kill anyone who is even friends or allies with him? Why have him get together with Padma Patil and even Ginny Weasley? I dislike Ginny totally. I also dislike Ron and Hermione together. I know JKR made it so, but I really disliked Ron in DH because he was jealous of Harry, could not get enough to eat, etc. He made fun of Hermione because she always studied and liked to read!

Why was it that Harry had to be so miserable in this story? I really felt that he should have broken away from his friends and Dumbledore and gone off to learn and train on his own to defeat the "unhuman" form of a wizard whose real parents were a Muggle and a witch, but "claimed" he was a pureblood and continued to lie to his followers and create havoc!

I have read your stories on Schnoogle, and I would like to know why you have not updated your third installment since 2006?

What is your purpose of you putting this story on FFN?
455 | « Prev Page 1 .. 19 26 27 28 29 30 .. Last Next »