Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
ArcaneMaverick chapter 25 . 10/13/2012
Hmmm, despite my review last chapter, I find Harry's reaction to these events distasteful. I like him less. I thought he was over many of his issues, but I guess not. Earlier in a previous chapter he acknowledged he is not alone, but here he is refusing help again for good reason. Where are his other trainers anyway?
ArcaneMaverick chapter 24 . 10/13/2012
So far I have read everything. This is certainly one of the best, most complete, and authentic Harry Potter stories ever. I can see things come full circle later on with the knowledge I have from reading future chapters in the sequels. Much more interesting to me that what JKR actually wrote. She had many plot holes, you do as well, but much less. Any issues I have stem from parts of how you characterize the actors in this story. To me, Harry constantly agonizing over his action means he still has not accepted his duty. He does the work, but whines almost every step of the way, lamenting his position. It's tricky to blame him given the immensity of your trilogy, but still hard to accept after he read that part about Godric in the book. However, in that sense this does make your Harry somewhat memorable.

Also, any other problems you have stem from problems in JKRs original text. I found it hard to believe that one man could cower a nation so easily, but to be fair we never had a real picture of the scope of the previous war and this one. The education at Hogwarts must have been terrible if in their Defense of the Dark Arts classes they didn't learn shield spells and other things. I would expect a civilization who had a class like that would practice to protect themselves from anything. It's part in human nature for self-preservation. Given they have amazing powers, it would be logical magical kind would do the same.

In many ways, you have made Harry utter similar sentiments in this chapter that align with my favorite character of all time, Megaman X. Also a hero with an immense destiny presented to him that he chose to follow through to see justice while lamenting the lives he took in the process.

Ah well, there's no point to saying much else, but basically, reading this has revealed a lot to me about storytelling and characterization.
dhasenan chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Apostrophes! The poor apostrophes!
ashwingsmokefeather chapter 31 . 9/25/2012
Wow.

Just wow . . .

That was amazing.

I have no words to describe the sheer awesomeness of this story.

And this isn't even the whole story . . . there's two more parts to go . . .

I now end this rather incoherent review to go read said second and third parts.

Thank you so much for sharing this story.
Adam chapter 24 . 9/23/2012
Wow , one of the best description of the fight , i enjoyed evry fight in this fanfiction , but this , wow , truly epic :D
Adam chapter 17 . 9/23/2012
Epic chapter , great description of the fight !
exomatt chapter 31 . 9/22/2012
Holy shit
Raven Salazar Potter-Black chapter 31 . 9/21/2012
... I... I have no words for this. Be satisfied that your story has left a person who loves to write lengthy reviews speechless in admiration.
Silas Green chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
"whats that? you were possesed dby a diary when you were eleven!?...here, have this diary, to write about it."
turtlepie chapter 6 . 9/5/2012
Mysterious OCs, mysterious prophetic dreams, mysterious warnings from Firenze, and suddenly the mysterious OC is no longer mysterious, he's a mary sue sent from the states to teach Harry all the things he needs to defeat the dark lord!

I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that this probably wasn't horribly cliche a decade ago.
sesskagluver09 chapter 2 . 8/22/2012
Third, maybe fourth readthrough of this series... Damn it Joe, post more new stuff.
Guest chapter 31 . 8/16/2012
I was sitting on the edge my seat in the last part of fic!
Great work mate!
Gaerdir chapter 31 . 7/24/2012
... WOW! THIS IS EPIC! I think every time I try writing a story, this will flash in my head... I love the way you make Harry begin to distance himself successfully, and turn himself into a weapon... who doesn't know his full potential. One question: Why doesn't Harry just burn up, containing all that power? The whole part about Ethan and the handing over of his dagger to Harry.. does that have some significance? Some sort of epic battle that has huge repercussions?

Can't wait to read the next one! Oh wait, I don't have to!
Cheerfully Cynical chapter 31 . 5/28/2012
It is really a shame that there are only around 250 reviews. I can't get over that! This is one of the best fan fictions I have EVER read and that is saying a lot! I stayed up till 1:00 in the morning to finish this! I could put it down! IT WAS FANTASTIC! Really amazing!
prongsridesagain13 chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
Very cool start. Can't wait to start reading the whole thing.
325 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »