Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sword of the Hero
becuzitswrong chapter 4 . 2/27/2013
Good chapter! I liked the aftermath of Harry's attack by the death eaters. Lots of pain and pathos. Harry has a hard row to hoe, but he can do it.
ASocks chapter 14 . 2/26/2013
Fun, useless fact for you: The 23rd of December 1996 was not a Sunday, but in fact, a Monday! I hope this has enriched your life.

This story is slow, but still pretty good, so I'm not sure why I never got around to reading it before. It started out especially good, but started to peter out and slow down, mostly because young you has quite the fixation on small, plot-irrelevant details. I must say I feel these details do add something in the way of depth, but they subtract from the story's pacing and that's not so good.

Having said that, Young Joe still has 700 thousand words or something to change my mind. I love the feeling that comes from having many chapters and things yet to come. :D
unspoken-desires2u chapter 31 . 2/22/2013
wow! i was hooked from the beginning, brilliant writing! though i have to admit the ginny pairing is making me really cringe but never the less a wonderful fic, looking forward to the next.
kyoshi711 chapter 30 . 2/22/2013
Your fight scenes really are silly. Opponents face each other but the hero isn't paying attention? What is he picking his nose? Harry is so powerful and yet you would think he would use what they call battle magic to kill dozens with one curse. Not one at a time as you have him fighting. Also you talk too much about what the combatants are thinking. In a kill or be killed situation you aren't worrying about other things. Your mind focuses on the situation and that's it.
kyoshi711 chapter 17 . 2/21/2013
I'm glad this was your first story as it pissed me off. Again with the stunners! So what does Harry do? He makes a more powerful stunner. Great! All the dangerous spells he knows and he throws stunners. So how many of the Death Eaters woke up and revived their friends and took off. Harry in this story is retarded. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results. You as a young author must still be running around with toy guns going bang! bang! and they fall over dead.
kyoshi711 chapter 13 . 2/21/2013
200 people in the crowd who had a wand. Hogwarts is suppose to teach you how to use a wand and 7th year you are suppose to do extrodinary magic! Yet they all panic and run? In the U.S. in the 1880's if a band of robbers appeared in town every citizen with gun would have opened up on the bad guys. Ever heard of the saying the "Colt 45 was an equalizer." or the other saying the Colt 45, which is a handgun was a peacemaker. Every citizen armed with a gun can defend themselves. Are all the people in Harry Potter stories cowards! Makes you wonder.
kyoshi711 chapter 12 . 2/21/2013
Why would breaking up with Padma make any difference. The whole world knows that Padma is his girlfriend, so breaking up would not change anything. He still cares for her and she would remain a target.
kyoshi711 chapter 11 . 2/21/2013
How in God's green earth do you have Harry in a war that is kill or be killed and have Harry firing stunners? Also he could have summoned the knife from the Death Eater and used a blasting curse on the rat. Stunning is for playing games with other children. There is so many ways to kill as a wizard that it's a joke. Avada Kadava is a nice way to kill. A cutting curse or summon their heart or barb wire conjured around the neck is far more painful.
ASocks chapter 3 . 2/21/2013
Grr, I know this fic is getting on a bit, but why didn't Dumbledore and Voldemort check their facts better? Poor students for having to listen to such sad news...
win08 chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
nice chapter...
ArcaneMaverick chapter 31 . 10/13/2012
Pretty damn cool overall. Our imaginations are always better.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 30 . 10/13/2012
That portkey scene with Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Malfoy was awful because it was so unbelievable.

Wow, for having superior numbers the Aurors fight like shit. Dark magic is no excuse since that's what their supposed to be train to defend. They were not working as a team.

Ron was a fucking hero in the forest.

I wondered where Harry's invisibility cloak went. It would have been foolish of him to not utilize such a useful item.

What the hell? Why was Voldemort protected from the sword?

Ginny is such a fan girl. How annoying that she ran away from the portkey.

Harry probably could have snapped his wand with thought magic when he was tied up.
But if any of my suggestions happened or any of your things didn't happen, we wouldn't have an epic story.

Didn't Voldemort open the portal with some blood from his hand? Couldn't Harry just toss a handful of his own in there? He certainly split enough to try.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 29 . 10/13/2012
Decent preparation. Snape didn't seem to do jackshit to help at all in this story. Spying for nothing really.

Mcgonagall had no reason to detain Harry with the battle nigh. I thought she would know that. Sometimes you have characters do odd things from your already established personalities.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 28 . 10/13/2012
Dermas is pretty much like Sirius.

Harry turned pretty unlikeable last chapter because he was so unrealistic. He doesn't have to be a tough macho man, but he is repetitive and I don't feel he has a legitamate reason for not seeking help when he needs it. Unless he wants the nightmares and visions, he also has no business forcing that suffering on himself. He causes a lot of his own agony.

I loved reading about that bacon sandwich though.

I believe in the real world, they would have received help in the first meeting. After an important school was blown up, the rest of the world would truly help. Pity wizard society doesn't match the muggle one in that regard. They kinda suck sometimes.

I have a problem with the saying that the dark forces would triple if the other ministries got involved, but since this is old there's no point. Shame that wizards don't use guns. They'd be dead useful since dark lords would consider them beneath their attention for being muggle.

Blah blah blah more complaint and nitpicks, but this is still entertaining. I struggle because I approach the reading with how I would act in Harry's place.
ArcaneMaverick chapter 27 . 10/13/2012
I'm glad this chapter happened because Dumbledore has been doing basically nothing the whole time.

In the face of this great terror, I can't help but compare it to the real world and much more we would kick it's ass in reality.
341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »