Reviews for From Where I Stand
P O chapter 1 . 1/8/2009
I love this! Using Hector to narrate was an great touch. :)
SierralaineWalsh chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
I agree! I like this more than the other one. It's so cute! :)
FireEdge chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Wah! _ I did it again! I let a HUGE pile of fanfics accumulate. Most of them are yours, actually. P Anyway, I thought this was a rather light-hearted and fun read. Hector made me laugh a few times. But other than that, there's not much to say, though it was an entertaining read. I have to agree with you, though, Kent never DOES shut up about Lyn in his supports. Guess that just shows how much he loves her D. *Waves huge "I
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
This made me laugh/aw. It was really cute, and I liked how Wallace's point of veiw made it funny.
starfish saver chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
"constructive criticism?" you don't need criticism girl!

this is fanbloodytastic. i love hwo Hector finds everything Kent says or does funny.

and the characterisation of Eliwood, short though it was, was perfect.

very nice!
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Aw, I like this first line: “I think I can learn something from them, or maybe I want to make sure that things will be okay- that she really is happy”. I can see Hector doing that. Even though he’s not with her, he still wishes for her happiness.

Lately, any mention of Sain where he’s not portrayed as a terrible/shallow flirt makes me go D. Who’s Lady Callie?

“So I doubt I’m the best one to ask” works, take out “as if I’m the best”. Other words you can trim: “It was about that time when I realized” just say “Then I realized”.

Haha, oh Kent…I read your author’s notes before reading the piece so was prepared for Kent going on and on about Lyn when anyone mentioned her. I thought that was funny about his supports too.

xD Vows of chastity? Kent’s just shy! *cough* That does sound like something Hector might think. I do like his portrayal so far, but he seems a little too nice, too sensitive. He has a deeper side, true, but I don’t think he can talk to Eliwood about this so easily.

“Before I could run—well, clank—to her aid” - I smiled, I really did.

Again, just trim your writing wherever you can to make it faster. “I walked faster” instead of “I found myself walking faster”.

Trust Lyn to reassure Kent even though she must be feeling like crap. That’s so like her. Aw, and Kent just looking at Lyn while he holds her is so cute. And someone mentioned that it’s weird for Hector to laugh right after Lyn had been hurt, but it works in this scene. Laughter can be a sort of catharsis, a release of intense emotion, for the fear and relief Hector was just feeling.

Haha! Oh Hector. I love that he imagined what would happen if Kent just kissed her senseless, only to have Lyn do it instead. I could totally see it too. Kent walking around with his heart on his sleeve, and Lyn acting as normal as can be before jumping him because he’s not doing anything. It’s funny and unexpected but still not improbable.

I like this piece and prefer it to “Jealousy”. The tone is light and fun, and Kent and Lyn are so cute. Hector is really funny too, and so irreverent.

However, it doesn’t feel quite like him. He’s a bit too sensitive, too in touch with his own feelings. I like that you portrayed the quieter, more thoughtful side of him, showed his real concern for his friends and their well being. He’s more than a brash young lord, and you showed that. But even though he feels deeply, I don’t think he’s that comfortable with expressing emotion, and that’s what didn’t feel right about this piece.

Still, I enjoyed reading it. Hector is damn hard to pin down in writing, but we can do it. (I say ‘we’ because I do plan on writing Hector x Lyn…eventually. Though who knows how long it’ll take at the rate I’ve been going lately T_T) Good luck with the rest of your fics, Manna! And I gotta say, you’re off to a great start on your writing goal for the year.

- Kit
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Haha... I'm afraid you might be right about us. Everything that you like I don't seem to care for, and everything I'm wild about you are unhappy with. WHY!

Heh... Yeah. I'd have to say this one was only so-so for me. Like Maxmagnus said, Hector seemed too "thinkative."

And I kept asking myself, "...Why is Hector the one narrating this again?" It could have just as easily been anyone else... He's not tied to Lyn and Kent's relationship emotionally like he was in the other fic, and it's not like he adds any insights or anything... And his voice is off again.

Oh, and just let me repeat this. He's not out of character. He's just talking funny. :P

And here's a grammaticalistical thing: [“Do you think she knows?” I asked Eliwood one night, as we laid in the tent we shared.] I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be "lie" and not "laid." Lay/lie/lain/whateverI'mnotgoodatthiskindofstuff is for someone who is reclining. Lay?/laid/laid? is for something whih has been placed somewhere. Like "I laid the child on the floor" as opposed to "As I lie on the floor..."

I have kind of a hard time trying to imagine Hector laughing at the couple after Lyn's nearly DIED. But... I see why you wrote it that way so meh.

I don't have much else to say about this one. But yeah, I liked the other one better, to be honest. XD Sorry?
Korsriddare chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Another outstanding fic.

I love your potrayal of Kent and Lyndis, and Hector's (amusing) view on the progress.

Of course, the surprise that Lyn, in fact, does feel something for him as well was pleasant, especially how she shows it (grabs him by his collar!).
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
This one is twice as good as the first one xD.

I love me my angst, of course, but nothing beats something sweet like this. It could almost take place AFTER the first fic, since Hector's attitude came across as either a very good friend or someone who just got over a crush on Lyndis.

The scene where Lyn got hurt and Kent kept saying "I'm sorry, zomg!" was SO adorable. And laughing is EXACTLY what Hector would do-that practically made ME laugh. And, of course, the ending is absolutely perfect.

Huzzah! Good job!
Maxmagnus20019 chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Heh, again, Hector seemed... too thinkative, like in the other fanfic of yours.

He would seem like a more blunt type of person, he wouldn't think exactly in those words, or something. He just seems to overthink :P

I can't exactly place my finger on why, but he seems a bit OOC again.

Still, a good fic, keep up the good work!