Reviews for The Welsh Connection
Rosethorn chapter 1 . 1/9
Baha that ending. A
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
Adorable. I really enjoyed reading this.
Aurelia Roschelle chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this.
It fits Howl so well! I can really imagine how he says that line to Sophie and the uneasiness Sophie feels in Wales. The interactions were natural and I truly feel that this one shot was pulled off almost perfectly! The Howl feel from the books is well and truly there. Good job!:D I loved this so much.

But one thing I felt lacking was that the ending was rather unclear.. I couldn't really understand that part where Megan was talking to Howl. Maybe I missed something but I was expecting some... details? Perhaps more interaction with the family, like dinner or something along those lines. It'll be really interesting, in my opinion (:

I think it's really great that you've explored this area in Howl's world. The Howell part in Howl is, in a way, the closest connection we have with him and it's been awfully neglected, I feel. I think more stories can be written in this area and if you have any stories, I'd be more than happy to read them (: maybe you could explore one-shots in which Sophie visits Wales and discovers new things? Or maybe... a fanfic on a fourth book? These are really just some suggestions from a hungry reader... I'm itching for more Howl but no, there won't be more after Charmain and her adventures. Quite devastating, really. ):

Anyway, I've been rambling for too long... Thank you for writing such an enjoyable story! I loved it and am sure many others did too. Good job, keep writing and keep the HMC fandom alive yeah? (: we love you!

Aurelia
Dorotheian chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Neil's comment is perfect; it sounds just like what Diana Wynne Jones might set him off to say, if he had more screen-time... Thanks, this was lovely.
blerghy chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
That was just gorgeous. Both sweet and funny. Loved it! :D
Hope of the Fairies chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
This is quiet cute. I'm re-reading the book and I think you portrayed Howl, Sophie, and Megan perfectly. Keep on writing!
DragonGrin - former TeenTypist chapter 1 . 9/17/2010
That is absolutely fantastic. I love the idea that Megan really resents Howell because he gets to be flamboyantly unrespectable, but she feels the duty to be responsible and does it. Fantastically well done.
zuse chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I really liked this story. I always wondered how that meeting went down after he married Sophie. :)

I know this should be a review but now I just want to randomly chat about Howl's Moving Castle!

It's always been one of my favorite books. Although I enjoyed the film version that was made, I really missed the Wales/Megan storyline.

And I always got the feeling that J.K. Rowling ripped off the Dursleys' attitude from Howl's sister. :-P
my name is paper YAH chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
very cute
Glitteraintgold chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
Very well written...was lost at one moment but came back. Very enjoyable there just needed to be more.
TheNotedMusician chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
This is really good! I liked the characterization, and the grammer and style part was perfect. The end was cute, too. :D Good job!

TheNotedMusician
Little Patch of Heaven chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Very well written and nicely done. I love the idea of it, and it felt like it really did belong in the series. The way you wrote it fit well with the way Diana Wynne Jones wrote 'Howl's Moving Castle'. I liked it very much.
marora chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
Very nicely done. You combine irony and humor to keep this entertaining and fresh.
verity candor chapter 1 . 4/9/2009
I like it! Especially Sophie's trousers reaction...
ladyhawk89 chapter 1 . 8/12/2008
i love the idea of the story, and you did a great job with the characters, but i think it could have been longer. what did howl and megan talk about? what does megan think about him marrying sophie? what does megan think of her running a flower shop? how does she know what market chipping is?