Reviews for Hidden Shadows
xoxcrescentmoonxox chapter 21 . 12/29/2009
I'm rather late to the party on these, but all of your poems are just beautiful. My favorites were the ones about Sirius; you write him so beautifully in poetry: I especially loved 'The Window To Your Soul.'
verity candor chapter 21 . 3/31/2009
It was so sweet.

Hmm, small typo in the first line of the second stanza: shouldn't it be 'lay' instead of 'lied'?
verity candor chapter 20 . 3/31/2009
I lovde all of it except the end, and that was just because it was depressing...
verity candor chapter 19 . 3/31/2009
I sound like a broken record every time I review, but let's have one more go around:

I love your poetry!
verity candor chapter 18 . 3/31/2009
I REALLY LOVE YOUR POETRY!
verity candor chapter 17 . 3/31/2009
Tread Softly is EXCELLENT, the last lines especially.
verity candor chapter 12 . 3/31/2009
WAh! This was so sad!
verity candor chapter 8 . 3/31/2009
Sirius is my favorite too!
verity candor chapter 7 . 3/31/2009
I like this one, it's very spare, but still effective.
verity candor chapter 4 . 3/31/2009
I like your poetry so much!
littleloreal chapter 2 . 3/26/2009
love it :) keep writing x
TomOrli BloomingWell chapter 21 . 8/26/2008
I'm not familiar with the characters so I was very confused, despite you trying to explain it. I suppose that Gideon is mourning for Marlene? I can imagine him standing over her grave or something reminiscing about their times together. I liked the fourth stanza because it beautifully describes his loneliness; the open sea and the sinking boat helps me as a reader feel his despair and helplessness. The third stanza describes the innocence of their time together, reminding us to keep living because our time on earth is just a blink away from ending. There was just one thing that annoyed me: the line "Together we lied on the cold, white ground", I think it would be better said "together we laid..." Do you think so? Other than that, great poem. I might just venture over to your one-shot and learn more about these two characters you've made me aware of.
TomOrli BloomingWell chapter 20 . 8/25/2008
Very little of this poem is left for interpretation as it is pretty straight-forward. Out of the whole poem, I especially enjoyed the last stanza. It was very Shakespeare-esque (especially the first few lines), it reminds me of the introduction to Romeo and Juliet. I've noticed a pattern with the poem, you use the third and forth line of each stanza for imagery or description (of which is impeccable as always) which adds that extra touch and emotion to the poem.

I love the dark ending. The start from Frank's awkward mennerisms around Alice as a young teenager (butterflies in his stomach) and then jumping to his blank eyes after enduring the cruciatus curse was very enjoyable to read. Well done.
mustardgirl1128 chapter 20 . 8/24/2008
"Enjoy every smile as a picture of love and peace/Live every day as of happiness a piece/Believe every word that showed how much they cared".

Best lines! I loved this-I loved the way you incorporated the roses, and how Frank was an empty pawn, and Alice had no malice, and how thye were best friends, and Frank cried ont heir wedding day. Beautiful job!
mustardgirl1128 chapter 21 . 8/23/2008
"They took my love up to Violet Hill/On a long and dark December/All that time she was silent still".

Beautiful job! Naturally I listened to the song (I'm in love with Coldplay!) and it fit so well! I loved the bit about how they were wasting their lives that way. Very sweet! Great job!