Reviews for The Hidden Hero
This is one of the most heartfelt stories I have ever read, and i have been reading since 59 years.
The way you described you Harry's sadness, loneliness, It was beautiful. And, I have read many stories in which people go overboard with Dumbledore bashing in the same situation of Dumbledore leaving Harry at the Dursleys. But in this story it was alright, and I think J.K. Rowling should have done something like this, after all it was Dumbledore's fault for the bad childhood Harry had.
So, bye
It was a memorable journey
ProditorMagnus chapter 34 . 10/20
Thats the main issue of hinny, it too often forces ron on hermione.
ProditorMagnus chapter 27 . 10/20
So annoyingly angsty but matter of pride to finish it then there is so little left to read.
ProditorMagnus chapter 19 . 10/19
Makes you realize just how evil Cedric was to seek to frame Harry in both storylines.
DorkyNotski chapter 1 . 9/13
WORST HARRY POTTER FANFIC I HAVE EVER READ! IF YOU ARE/WERE ABUSED OR HAVE TRAUMA I SUGGEST YOU DON'T READ THIS FIC UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET TRIGGERED BECAUSE OH BOY THIS WAS BAD. I GOT TRIGGERED A LOT WHILE READING THIS THAT I HAD TO STOP AND DROP THIS FIC.

I regret wasting my time reading this. I got to until chapter 26 before deciding to drop this because I feel the more I read it the more triggered I will become. Healing takes time and you certainly don't force anyone especially if they are a minor to make them well. You don't for anyone to forgive you just for the sake of you to not feel guilty. If I were in Harry's shoes, I will die with my grudge against you before I forgive anyone that done all those horrible stuff that was done to Harry. Big yikes also for making Harry essentially a slave against his will too.

The first 20 chapters were so good, I like how you written Harry's struggles and how he tries to overcome it. I liked the fic because it hit way too close to home, I relate to Harry so much and was cheering for him throughout the story but that changed when they tried to capture him and force him to get better. I was expecting this to be some kind of revenge fic or something or just Harry finding happiness outside the wizarding world but yikes. I would rather read those Mary Sue/Gary Stu fics that are badly written that this mess sheesh
Harryliada chapter 36 . 7/31
Bonjour du futur cette histoire m’ a attirée dans ses rets et je n’ai jamais eu l’idée de m’échapper. C’est si bien construit et écrit que même Google trad a rendu un texte intelligible et captivant sans fautes d’interprétation. J’espère que ces félicitations vous seront communiquées.
Bestyreren chapter 36 . 7/18
A capturing work, and well-written too. I would’ve like more Harry/Ginny, as that was the reason for me to actually the story, but it is still a good fic
DerekB74 chapter 12 . 7/12
Interesting, I was expecting the map to show his real name. I'm extremely curious of the magic at play that is concealing Harry's identity. I hope this is explored more later on!
Cassandra30 chapter 25 . 6/30
If explained to in the first place Harry would have agreed. Stupid people.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 15 . 6/28
Damn. I would’ve thought the paper would said Harry Potter.
Leapyearbaby29 chapter 4 . 6/28
How did Harry get passed the name. Like the letter wouldn’t been addressed to Harry not Mark Twist.
hijirokichi chapter 36 . 5/29
The last chapters Harry become a puppet I mean he can murder some healers to escape but noooooo it doesn't make sense I mean Dumbledore wants to make up to Harry then he just dump him to Snape what the fuuuck
murgel chapter 29 . 5/28
Sad really, there you have a young man who should destroy his jailers, should not forgive or forget. But just like the spineless puppet he is, malleable and weak, he submits. After having a very good, strong story it is now becoming a story that glorifies weakness and submitting without reason.
murgel chapter 23 . 5/28
Ok, this simply is the best Voldemort vs. Harry scene I have read in years.
ElendorAnardil chapter 36 . 5/24
Your writing is very pleasant, and part 1 of your story was great. An all-around brilliant fanfic. Then part 2 happened, and i think the idea was good. But you went all the way with the indenture concept, and the ship just sank.
Mind Shields and all can't solve everything or no decent wizard would ever get corrupted by the dark side or fail at anything.. Even the strongest may need help, and people may not realize themselves when they do need help. A 2nd part focused on healing, makes total sense and I was looking forward to it. That it would be a struggle, and that Harry would not easily be willing to reconnect or get help isn't surprising. Dumbledore and the Ministry trying the highhanded approach isn't a shocker. But it shouldn't work.
1/ Mental issues can't be forcefully healed. Psychological issues require the patient's cooperation. Convincing someone to help themselves or to accept help is the most basic step. Even if the legilimency treatment works against his will to take away his pain, at best it should leave apathetic to everything.
2/ So far his independence was in his bones, and his strong will his strongest trait. A stronger will than Voldemort. He has shown a slytheryn side. And suddenly he just accepts it all and becomes everyone's pathetic little bitch, with the occasional whining as his strongest form of protest? Sure he is crumbling inside, but if it's to the point of losing who he is, he might as well let himself die, or struggle to the death. He certainly seems willing to, before the slavery. If he can't (which we're clearly shown that the indenture has its limits, but his inner slytherin vanished too), there should be a reckoning when he comes back to himself.

Basically I felt that you lost your character by forcing him into a plot you had planned that the character couldn't fit into while staying true to himself.
Either that indenture should be a failed attempt or short term measure that would lead to another type of treatment. Insisting in that direction should more permanently break already fractured relationships, and either Harry will find a way to run and possibly find help elsewhere, or it would end in tragedy without finding help or by failing to fight off the overbearing wizarding world, but being more than willing to die trying.
3,556 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »