Reviews for The Hidden Hero
hushpuppy22 chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
I really want Mark to reveal his secret to someone-mainly Sirius. Poor Sirius is in great danger and Mark is so alone...

Despite the fact that I criticized how you handled Harry2, I want to compliment you on this story. I appreciate that you haven't had Harry practicing the Dark Arts under the specious argument that "Dark isn't evil" or made Snape a kind-hearted mentor. The failure of most AUs is that they disregard the rules of Rowling's universe in order to force a plot through or make main characters out-of-character in order to force the story. With one exception you've done neither and this is one of the *very* few AUs where Harry and everyone else is still in character. But I wonder how you can do the fourth book when Harry is still a secret? Voldie surely doesn't consider Mark his greatest enemy and I can't imagine him doing anything to try and get his blood. Maybe there will not be an age limit since Dumbledore doesn't have to protect Harry Potter? But is AD even aware of the coming threat since he doesn't believe "Mark" about Peter? You could legitimately take this far from canon from now on and it'll be interesting to read where you go. In any event keep up the good work-it's a great story and the daily updates are fantastic!
Merakien chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Another amazing chapter. I can't wait for the next one!
MdnightRose chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
wonderful chapter! update soon..please:)

~Rose
zeynel chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Love this new part!

So, the impostor revealed whereas Harry has managed to remain 'out of the loop' by pretending having learn of it 'otherwise'! *grins* And it's all logical!

I love the details added, I suppose that the ministry shall be more cautious in the future... And that details like Harry's real eyes color are to be know of all very soon -I don't see the Daily Prophet not doing anything about it! so, now, EVERYONE -good and evil- will be searching for green eyes! (Lily's green are know, after all, with her age, there must be a lot photos of her, I can imagine all ministry officials and aurors searching for Harry with a photo of her on them to have an idea of what to look for, and mag like 'Witch Weekly' publicing one in their pages, if not on the cover -Lily WAS beautiful, and wouldn't 'the mother of the legend' be a good subjet for an article? 'beautiful, kind and intelligent, one of the most powerful and elegant witches of her generation, past Head Girl and first in many of her classes, loved by all, the charming and gracious Lily'! Hey, i can imagine Rita Skeeter, playing the romantic and dramatic part 'a beautiful flower cut at her prime', 'the green eyes of a faey that we are now again searching for'! *grins* After all, she's not just good at destroying reputation, plus she could add some things on 'the incompetent of the ministry who did not realise that a Fake had taken our Hero's place, and so on...)

Hilarious, Dumbledore suspecting 'Mark' of being evil, I really loved it! Wonder how he will react when he learns the truth... Relief, at least. But even he will have to admit, that was devious and clever of Harry! But now.. Will he try and research 'Mark's parents' like he had first wanted to?

Snape's reactions were interesting, too, by the way. I really appreciated it! And if someone can recognise 'Real Harry' eyes, it will be him! I can easily imagine him LOOKING at all children's eyes in the street for now on!

Hey! Hagrid will be happy, now. Probably won't notice that he did not speak of 'Harry' eyes color (after all, he and Mark had their conversation a long time ago) and even if he had not remembered baby Harry eyes color, well... the mind is an interesting thing. NOW that it is know that Harry's eyes were his mothers, he will either 1:have his memories reawaken or 2:have his mind connect the dots by itself, and therefore put Lily's eyes on a baby in his memory.

I pity Draco, somewhat, but hey, wanting to be friend with the 'famous people' just because they're famous... Still. Might be interesting to see him just now, before the end of the lessons.

Poor Ron... wonder HOW he will react when he learns the truth! Between joy at being 'real Harry' friend and self-doubt of not having been told sooner...

Remus has disapeared? Wonder what HE made of Harry's worlds about Sirius. After all, HE knows that Peter was an animagus, and a rat at that! Therefore, he might put some potential credibility on 'Mark''s words, yet not want to said too much to Dumbledore in case of this one does not believing him should Sirius really be innocent.

Hey, will 'Mark' meet Sirius again? (I half wondered if Harry would say the truth to him, after all, Sirius could deguise himself as Mark's father in this case! What better way to hide, for BOTH of them?) After all, to Sirius, Mark is the ONLY one knowing of his innocence, now.
ravenclawchaser66 chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Pretty good story so far. A lot of AU/Redo stories stick to closely to canon, but you've done a pretty good job following through with the changes you've made. Most authors would have tried to fit Lupin and Snape into the scene in the Shrieking Shack somehow, and I thought the way you handled it worked much better. The whole eye color thing is a bit iffy- I don't know how many teenagers know that baby's eyes can change color (I didn't), but it's not a big deal. I'll be interested to see if Harry stays such a loner the rest of the way. Right now he really doesn't seem all that close with Ron and Hermione. They're friends with him, but they haven't gone through anything with him. Overall, this is a pretty good story- well above average. Thanks for writing! Jay
Nur1984 chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
I'm really enjoying this story. I can quite imagine Dumbledore losing all influence with Harry, dropping him in an abusive environment and then ignoring him at school except to distrust his motives. This is not how to make friends and influence people.

I like the -very- different universe from a reasonably small change, Harry's in disguise so no one alters their behaviour based on his reputation. Very interesting exercice.

I'd say update soon but that'd be greedy, you've been fantastic for updates, thank you
Schnuff chapter 13 . 1/17/2008
why i am reading this story?

cant say i know that reason.

the story so far is not very interesting.

most parts are just from the books.

Harry/Mark is still friends with Ron/Hermione, saved the stone, killed the basilisk and so on.

and the few lines of your own are not very good.

as it is you are running at high speed through the years.

interaction with his friends? no not real
stewart92 chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
yay the imposter is gone

great story
bummer chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
i wanted to be 300 oh well update hahaha
BDSanta2001 chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Poor remus, this must have been heartbreaking to him.

Good work, I'm ready for year 4!
Reader chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Awesome
jabarber69 chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Hey I realize that mark/harry is a typical clueless teenage boy but come on even a moron would notice that ron is the worst case kinda of friend you could ever want to have. Look how he drooled all over himself trying to be friends with the Harry Potter even when said Potter clearly didnt want anything to do with him. If I was Harry I would be running as fast as I could away from ron weasley. And oh yeah he should of said "of course I dont trust you Ron, the reason I didnt tell you is because the next time you got mad which happens 5 or 6 times a hour you would of blab out the secret that you are mad at me now for not telling you!"
haphazard1 chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Harry is definitely living dangerously - he's getting so much attention that his secret is bound to come out at some point. If Dumbledore follows up on his "contact" with the principal, or has someone look in on Mark Twist over the summer, things are going to look very suspicious, at best.

Not that Harry is likely to have a lower profile in fourth year, of course. :-)
Blueowl chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Yay, the imposter's out!

Surely Dumbledore will look into this 'calling the school' thing, which will probably mean more trouble for Mark/Harry...

I wonder when all of this will come out into the open. The Fallout will certainly be...huge.

Looking forward to more.
Kanikan chapter 14 . 1/17/2008
Great ending to 3rd year! I'm excited to see what you do for 4th, the twists you've given each of the books are very entertaining and still follow cannon in an odd sort of way, wonderful. Keep up the wonderful work.
2,908 | « Prev Page 1 .. 163 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 183 .. Last Next »