Reviews for The Hidden Hero
ravencarr chapter 33 . 5/10
Thanks for crafting this fiction for us :)

Will brave myself and continue to read...perhaps another time. Seriously though, I've cursed very loud due to the despicable & disgusted characters towards HP. Never had I found characters that were so blatantly vile and urghhhhh... all cowardly hide behind the word "greater F good".

Till then~
Pradnya chapter 25 . 5/6
I think you would have been better to end your story after the defeat of Voldemort and then have the second part as a separate and distinct story.

I simply cannot continue reading this arc. I am disgusted by the despicable characters and find myself increasingly angry the more I read.
Why did you not make it so "Mark" went to a teacher? That would have been the thing "Mark" would have done
Not brave enough to put Hermione in Ravenclaw?
mjoncearedhead chapter 36 . 4/26
I really liked your story. It was definitely original. The only thing that I didn't like was your portrayal of Ginny. She seemed not as strong as she is in canon. This last chapter needed her weakness and I understand that it was necessary. In the other chapters though, it kind of seemed like she wasn't her outgoing self and that she would cry at the drop of a hat. I guess, I'm trying to figure out what happened in your universe that didn't happen in JKR's that changed her. Other than that though, I think your buildup with the characters was superb and very believable!
I've been enjoying the story with minor bumps here and there. But this chapter... I don't think Harry should have been so easy to forgive in canon. In your story, Ron and Hermione not only accused him of lying but are now willing to be friends again even though they still thinks he's a liar. I get that he's lonely, but being around people who don't believe you or trust you is worse than being alone.

And he's moved from wanting to be a hero, which originally seemed a noble calling, to resembling a young Tom Riddle. He's different from all the plebeians, he'll show them, they'll bow down and admire him, they'll regret ever being cruel to him. Less hero more, ummm, Voldemort.

Then combining the two. Eek. I don't know if I can hit the next button. I get he wants to give the universe and everyone in it a big FU. He's been treated horribly. But to go from ill show you all and one day you'll regret it to over course I'll take you back even though you're acting like you're forgiving me for something I didn't do and still don't believe me. Makes him seem more Voldemort or Peter Pettigrew - pretending to be friends with people you can't respect just to have people around you all the while plotting behind their backs.
TheAngelReaper chapter 36 . 4/23
This was no doubt an amazing tale, however I have been unable to complete it. This is not for any problem with the story itself, rather myself.
This story is one of the few that has successfully driven my emotions. That is, I must say, is an achievement as I am very stern with them. However, unlike other stories, this made me feel rage, making the reading rather uncomfortable.
The strong faults of the wizarding worlds humanity and the injustices Harry faces are directly parallel to issues in our own world. The gritty, dark realism was more than enough to make me physically writhe in my seat while reading, frustrated at the unsatisfaction presented. I have even found myself shouting out options Harry should have taken, routes the author should have gone down just to relieve the stress.
And it is for this reason I love this story. It is hard for a writer to make their audience feel so strongly, to be so invested that they can't look away despite wishing to with all their might.
And this is also the reason I am no longer reading, even with just five chapters left. The strong emotions and the way the actions of these characters make me react are more than enough to make me want to hate the writer and the story while I love the way it acts.
Take from this what you will, I only want to repeats that this is an incredible piece of writing and the author should be proud, but I as a reader cannot continue the discomfort it brings me.
hypnoticageregression chapter 36 . 4/17
Thanks so much for writing this! Highly original and an absolute joy to read! I am really so happy for your Harry! 3 and all the best to you
hypnoticageregression chapter 23 . 4/14
BOOOOOOOOOOOM, that was great! 3
hypnoticageregression chapter 19 . 4/14
OK wow that was KICK ASS
hypnoticageregression chapter 16 . 4/13
I gotta say.. this characterisation here really lost me. I believe I'm reading that he was so lonely he's just lowering his standards as to what he seeks in a friend, but, I'm finding this disappointing to read as I liked that he was becoming stronger! I also had this feeling in the books that the fourth year should've been the last we saw of Ron. :-p
Uchiha Aimee chapter 36 . 4/8
I really liked this one. I was wondering hhe whole time if Harry was a metamorphmagus but it was never addressed other than when he changed his image to Mark or adult Mark. You did mention it was a glamour though. I don't know, I was kind of hoping it was a metamorphmagus but it's totally cool what happened instead. I definitely enjoyed it anyway.
RenegadeForLife chapter 36 . 4/6
Good story. Got kind of dark at some point.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 36 . 4/4
This story, darker than canon, goes all the way from pre Hogwarts to post Hogwarts. You did a good job of telling Harry's story. In a relatively small novel.

The darkest and most disturbing part of the story was Harry's nine month stay at Azkaban. After that Harry was completely messed up and indenturing him was a poor but only solution.

Hopefully Ginny can give him a good life. If she can then Harry has a lot of potential.
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 4 . 4/3
Why no inquiry into the Dursleys. Throwing Harry in the street was, I believe, illegal in England by 1991.
3,191 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »