Reviews for The Hidden Hero
Acepro Evolution chapter 36 . 12/4/2017
Nearly ten years ago you wrote this brilliant piece of work. Back then I was always looking for a story that showed promise in becoming one of the most remembered and yours is one of them. It's been a long journey and miss those days and wanted to say well done once again.
Guest chapter 36 . 11/28/2017
Amazign work. thank you for writign one fo the top HP fics i have read
Efloresco chapter 29 . 11/23/2017
I'm gonna stop reading here because I don't really see the point anymore. I'm guessing he'll grow to like everyone and get with Ginny and maybe slaughter a dark wizard in the process and everything will be hunkydory. Nah, no up for that.

You know what I love about this story? The utter and complete betrayal. That had me completely engrossed. What I wanted to see was this; Harry who sees himself as the hero gets completely and utterly betrayed by the wizarding world. He realizes that his persona of Mark Twist was essentially a litmus test for the wizarding world, and that they have utterly and completely failed him. Those who wanted him to be their hero had no problem betraying an innocent boy who couldn't fend for himself at all to the worst hells on earth because it served their own needs and machinations.

And what does he do? He just lets it play out. He gets thrown into azkaban without protest.

Then, once he is alone and completely and irreversibly betrayed, he shifts back to the form of Harry Potter. He waits for days and nobody comes to see him. The demontors who bring him food don't care what form he wears.

But you know who does? Voldemort. Voldemort himself comes to azkaban to see him and exact his final revenge. He wants to look Mark, his unlikely nemesis in the eye and grant him the mercy and honor of a death at his own hands for what he has done. Yet when he expects to see the muggleborn Mark Twist, he finds instead his prophesied vanquisher, Harry Potter, at his mercy, because of the actions of those he was supposed to save.

A truer irony couldn't have come to pass. Voldemort is delighted, he couldn't have imagined a more complete victory. Harry sees this as well, and shares in his sense of irony. He's accepted, deeply sad but with a finality that brings him comfort, that the fate of the world is truly, finally, out of his hands. He commiserates with Voldemort and the two are faced with a final choice. Voldemort offering Harry, who has no more obligation to the wizarding world, to join him. Harry considers that saving a world that has sealed its fate as completely as the wizarding world has sealed theirs by leaving him to die insane, is not something he feels any desire to do. He feels that this final kindness, by the man who has destroyed so much of his life for selfish reasons, would still be better than the utter disregard he has always had to live with.

They consider each other for a long moment, neither having to articulate their thoughts. Finally Harry asks "you'll let my friends live?". After a moment of silence, Voldemort answered; "You were the only one who could have posed a danger to me, Harry. They are of no consequence to me, do with them as you like". With a wry smile, Harry stands up and looks Voldemort in the eye. "alright then" he says finally, "I'm yours".

Now that, I would have liked. You reap what you sow and all that, and Harry finally gets to live as he likes, albeit not in the way anybody else would have liked.
InfernoItaliano chapter 26 . 11/22/2017
Well I can't read anymore. I have yet to hear anyone say that it is actually slavery. From Dumbledore description there is no contract involved, indeed slavery is forced and a slave has no desire to be a a slave. Yet here we are, calling slavery indentured servitude. Quite sickening how you've written the wizarding world. I often wonder why people think they are different race of humans. It is a population that seems to think of one mind. You write that there are arguments but don't show them. All I see is a whole race of humans being the bigots they are written to be by senseless bashing. Where are the nay sayers? Why do you write the collective wizarding populace to be the same? Canon can be no excuse, as it was never written that the wizarding world was like this. They were mostly hiding and had no involvement in the world. To me all it has become os bashing.
InfernoItaliano chapter 25 . 11/22/2017
this chapter is getting dangerously close to the conclusion of Harry coming back to the wizarding world to a "happy" ending. The utter ridiculousness of the conclusion bothers me greatly. If that is indeed the ending it'll be a damn shame. Most stories where Harry ends up in Azkaban have him still end happy in the wizarding world at the end for no reason except forgiveness. I wonder what many of these authors would do if they had to endure the torture of dementors when innocent? To think if you were held in such disdain and forced to endure that treatment constantly and forgive those people so soon and live amongst them is incomprehensible.
InfernoItaliano chapter 20 . 11/21/2017
Well there is reason for Dumbledore. However, he appears to be taking on the greater good version. It seems to me with all the muggle hate on the rise it would be for the greater good to prevent that by showing Marks innocence. Indeed, unless Snape has crucial information during the war, the world will be the small evil as everyone will supposedly be bigots.
InfernoItaliano chapter 20 . 11/21/2017
It seems psychologically weird, not what you d expect any of these characters to do. Most of the events from canon should not have stayed the exact same. I'll be hoping to find a reason why any of the teachers should believe Mark a murderer. It would be sad to find no reason for them to not investigate any possibility of innocence. I do hope that because I don't like reading stories where the author inserts their own view of canon characters without giving reasons for their change or why they act the way the do. Otherwise it's just bashing really. It was a shame one of your reasons for no one figuring out the imposter was simply incompetence.
moodysavage chapter 8 . 11/20/2017
I love this story which is why I am reading it at 1:39 a.m.
Captain Sea chapter 24 . 11/17/2017
So who else thought Mr Preston was Harry?
Come on don't be shy.
Talonwalker chapter 36 . 11/8/2017
Great story
Netchka chapter 36 . 11/4/2017
Great story. Harry sure had something to think about and came to the right decision.
Ashes Ascending chapter 36 . 11/4/2017
Great story!
Squidgod812 chapter 36 . 10/20/2017
this is a truly amazing story. I would definitely read a sequel. I, and probably most or your readers would probably at least like to see a short epilogue like one shot kind of like in the book, even if its been a long time.
MikeMystery chapter 15 . 9/16/2017
The premise of your story is intriguing, but I honestly hoped you would have done more with it. I mean it's just Canon with some minor twists ;)

Right now I'm debating whether to read further or not, because I don't want to read Canon all over again. I mean there really is no reason why Voldemort would still go through with his plan of the Triwizard Tournament. Mark Twist is a no-one, sure he hindered the acquisition of the Philosopher's Stone, but I don't think Voldemort would bother with a Muggleborn in this way, he would just kill them and not use them to create his body.

Maybe someone can tell if it would be worth it to read further, but right now I don't see how it would be worth it. Sorry for the harsh words, but I just hoped you would have gone another way with your idea instead of recreating the books.
The Lady Rogue chapter 34 . 8/20/2017
YES! THIS CHAPTER IS AWESOME.
3,248 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »