Reviews for The Only Way to Kill the Dragon
Stormcutter684 chapter 21 . 4/18
This took years to write? Wow. That's really long. But totally worth it. Even though I didn't discover this fanfic when it was still being created.
It's an amazing story! I love it! So much mystery and action and adventure, emotion and angst, then that warm-fuzzy feeling you get, and there's also shocks too!
You are one of the few people who attempted and succeeded at making a LOTR fanfic involving a dragon. I have always wanted to read a story about a dragon in LOTR. And you did it beautifully. Sbatha sounded like a fierce beast. And when she wanted to die, I couldn't help but feel sympathy and pity.
I love the plot twist too! You're so cruel, (but not in mean way. More like a harsh suspenseful way.) making us all believe all is well, the dragon poisoned and fallen, then BOOOM! She's alive! Again!
Then I nearly had a heart attack thinking that Aragorn would literally kill his best friend before the dragon came.
And then when Legolas supposedly 'sailed' I was crying my ey— ahem. I mean. Little tiny flies were buzzing in my eyes. Pesky flies! But yeah, HUGE shocker when it was all a trick, to teach Aragorn a lesson. They were all in it! EVEN ELDARION! I laughed at that.
And I love Eldarion too. He's so smart .. For a young boy. And cute. And adorable.
And I love the humour at the end, with the joke like Gimli as an angel (omg I died laughing at that part) and the Flies in my eyes (lol! Such a funny excuse for crying!) and so many others! And you had us all on the edge of our seats, cuz the epic battle of wills, hearts broken, and lost strength waged on. The tides kept turning! But in the end, this story was amazing. It had me wondering what was going to happen next, it had me relieved (and fooled) but then it had me shocked and worried, full of dread, which changed to despair and angst, and then devastation, but then huge surprise again .. With mixtures of cute family fluff and friendship fluff.
I love how you incorporated Pippin, Sam, and Merry into it to! *sniffles* so sad that Frodo isn't there anymore. :(
But yeah, this is no ordinary story! This is amazing work! Hannon le, Mellon-nin! Amazing story! ;)
Namaarie!
Neon Wish chapter 21 . 1/26
This was the most heartwreching, best book ever!
mjg43 chapter 21 . 4/6/2014
Great story I really loved it!
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 21 . 1/20/2013
i absolutely love it!
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 21 . 7/29/2012
Ah, mellon nin! I FINALLY sat down and got caught up with this. It was a wonderful story and beautifully written! :') As always, fantastic job!
Firefly-Maj chapter 21 . 2/4/2012
WHAT?

Oh, this is brilliant. And at first I thought Aragorn would get angry (and jump overboard), but fortunately he is listening and sees that Legolas is right, even the king cant protect everyone.

I loved the ending, too, with "The Talk" and Legolas being all mischievous.

This is a really good story, well thought-through as usual and with a happy ending after so much peril! I love the friendship between them, and how nothing can get in its way. Even their quarrel was only the result of worry about the other, and you managed to build up a good deal of suspense.

Hugs!
Firefly-Maj chapter 20 . 2/4/2012
"But we are a Fellowship, Strider!" Merry said, sounding hurt. "Whatever problems you have, they are ours too!"

Awww!

If Aragorn had been able to walk unaided...

AWWW!

He is SO stubborn! But that monologue at the end of the chapter... its such a great description of their friendship, and why they love each other so much (platonically)!
Firefly-Maj chapter 19 . 2/4/2012
You really dont give him any break, do you? D I like the way things seem to get back to normal in this chapter, but the increasing underlying notion that nothing will be as before once Legolas sails finally upsets everything again (most strongly, our beloved king). Hahaha, and the hobbits are adorable in this!

Sigh, Aragorn with Eldarion is too cute a picture, by the way.

I may or may not have said it but Im very ashamed that I didnt read the last chapters earlier. As much as I have waited for them it seemed too froggly at a time, and only after returning back to my own stories, with the help of 12 days and yesterday evenings choice of movie did I finally get back here. So there: Im sorry. And down with frogs.
Doctor Dave chapter 21 . 12/3/2011
That truly wasn't great story! Thank I so much. I haven't been able to find a really well written story like this with such a great plot! Keep writing and I'll keep reading
Pipkin in the Grass chapter 3 . 11/27/2011
I throughly enjoy your subject matter and skillful characterization. Your plots are wonderfully plausible and beautifully written. The only (possible) error I can spot is the word "think" has been written as "thing" a couple times. But that does not decrease the quality one bit. I wish you the best!
Alanic chapter 21 . 11/8/2011
I am so glad you finished this story. I hope you will write another soon.
The Pearl Maiden chapter 21 . 11/5/2011
Congrats! *Claps madly* Brava! BRAVA! Such a beautiful story! I Loved it! Wonderful ending! :D
Starset chapter 21 . 11/3/2011
I'm glad it all ended so well. I've really enjoyed your story and your style of writing - will look forward to the next one!
anaer chapter 21 . 11/2/2011
That complicated ploy was made of win, even if everyone did come off as a tad douche-y. BUT DOUCHE-Y FOR HIS OWN BENEFIT.

Glad to see this finally finished! D
Legolass Q chapter 21 . 11/2/2011
Wow, that was some conspiracy. I did suspect the gentle hand to be that of Legolas'. :-) Well done!

There are references to things said and done in earlier chapters I have forgotten about - that calls for a re-reading at some point. It's been a great ride, this fantastic story, though a lo-o-o-o-o-ng one.

And yes what a nice touch that you should post the last chapter to mark the day you posted your first ever chapter of your first ever story. Happy 5th Anniversary!