Reviews for The Sky Fell While We Were Talking
niki-chan2 chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Wow, when I was reading this it was like I could hear Dexter talking. So wonderful. And I love Dexter/Rita. Well done!
CrimsonKitty88 chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Beautiful. I can really hear Dexter's voice. You've got the characters spot on.
Cortana49 chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
That's sweet. I like that he doesn't entirely give in to the moment, but doesn't rule it out either.
Zenkindoflove chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
*runs around screaming*

Wow! I've been searching for some Dexter/Rita fic for a while now. Ever since I started watching the show, I've shipped them and Season 2 really made me love them even more. I thought your protrayal of both Dexter and Rita was spot on and I could easily see this scene playing out in my mind. I loved how in the beginning, it was just Dexter doing what he always does, pretending to feel and be concerned just so Rita wouldn't see how empty he is. But then, you took this story to the place that made me really fall for these two, showing how Dexter really does feel actual emotions for Rita. I think especially in Season 2 he really discovered this. His genuine saddness when he told her about what happened with Lila, the fact he couldn't lie to her about the cheating even though he lies to her all the time, how when he thought he was going to turn himself in he just pulled her in and kissed her because he was going to miss her, and how cute and excited he got when she said that she wanted to talk about their relationship. *sigh* That's why I love these two and I have to admit, I could really see a conversation like this happening between them and Dexter discovering that "twitch" in his chest.

Speaking of the twitch, I loved how you had Dexter put the twitch he felt for Rita as she cried next to the violent things he has done to show that the only thing that previously made him feel isn't alone any more and a more "human" stimulus is giving him this reaction. That was really quite brilliant and the fact that Rita was the first to do that for him without being one of his killings or a sex object to take his rage out on is what made me fall head overh heels in love with this!

Once again, this was really marvelous and I loved, loved, loved it! Definitely adding it to my favorites. I really hope that you write more Dexter/Rita centric fics cause there just isn't enough out there. :D
klylu chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
i really shouldn't have read this, since i saw only season one. but i'm a little spoilered about lila, so i couldn't resist.

i love dexter and rita together. and i loved the barely there beginning of emotions on dexter part.

great insight!
Meatball chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Oh my, this is SO good! I love your style, and you really nailed the characters. I really love this! Triple kudos to you!

Cheers,