Reviews for My True Love Gave to Me
Sylla chapter 5 . 5/25/2008
Picking my jaw up off the floor long enough to leave a semi-coherent review.

I can't overstate how glad I am you've turned your - considerable - talent towards writing a Labyrinth fic with an, um, un-evil Jareth; somehow I always feel it rings more truly to what his character is originally portrayed as in the film. (Hell of a job you've done with it, too; it's taking all of my self-control not to just pass out in a fit of fangirlish happiness, or something.)

I can't decide what it is I like best about this fic - the wonderfully charismatic Jareth, the butt-kicking Sarah, the witty dialog between the two or, hell, go for cliché and say it's the romance... oh, yeah. Or the sock-stealing goblins.

I guess really the highest measure of praise that I can give (that won't sound hollow or silly) is that you've inspired me to start writing Labyrinth fics of my own, in the spare time I don't have - wait. Damn.

Anyhow, you should definitely try your hand at this genre again, since you've so darn good at it anyway. You'd definitely make a lot of Labby fans very happy campers. P
MissCook chapter 5 . 5/21/2008
Eargh! I can't believe the fluff. My mouth is full of feathers, lady! But still, I was laughing the whole time. Woulda thunk that you could write mushy gushy romantic nonsense as well as you write everything else? Brava!
Cherrysinger chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
This was great!
Fae Rain chapter 2 . 5/6/2008
LOVE IT!
Fae Rain chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
O! I like it! A lot.
ViperineVampire chapter 5 . 5/3/2008
oh...wow. second snowglobe fairytale i've read in a day!yay! so lovely. sigh. i so envy sarah now. i really wish the goblin kind would take me away too. sigh...
TwoClovedHooves chapter 5 . 4/30/2008
Wow.

Must say-I kind of hate Labyrinth. It's just David Bowie, and those pants! I couldn't take him seriously when I first saw it.

But now-ohmigod, wow.

I think I'm a Jareth fan now.
Maq chapter 5 . 4/27/2008
We can has lobster?

I can't believe *you* wrote fluff. You are a woman of many talents. Your dark stuff is awesome so it's weird to me that you could write good fluff, too. I detest fluff in general, but I am addicted to your writing like it's crack or something, so I had to read this. I'm glad I did, friend!
Bleeding Jazz Gums chapter 5 . 4/23/2008
My friend, THIS... Was frickin' amazing. I've never read a Labyrinth fic so literate, with the right amount of hilarity and fluff that had you wishing it would end. I terrible regret not catching it when it came out!

Well done, and don't stop writing.x3
Daughter of Olorin chapter 5 . 4/21/2008
I’m with Sarah—I didn’t want to see the garter, Valentine’s card, the Joy of Sex, and the picture! That was a great moment! I adored the image of the goblin sticking out of the Christmas tree. “Do you all mean to say that you’re planning on capturing Jareth, King of the Goblins, Lord of the Labyrinth, Ruler of the Underground – and holding him prisoner?”—what exactly is wrong with that? LOL! “Listen up – the guy you’re all enthralled with – he’s mine. Not yours. You can’t have him.”—tell’em, girl! A unicorn orgy? That’s rather interesting. _ I was completely cracking up at the two of them going at it while her parents are chatting on and can’t remember his name. I love this: “I give you, Sarah … Jareth the Goblin King.” “Yes, I thought so myself.” (He IS smug—but that’s the way I like him). “I only wish I had a pair of cymbals to crash for you.”—I thought I was going to die laughing! To the two of them-Oh, shut up and do it! LOL! Loved this! It was definitely a departure from your other things but I adored it nonetheless! Absolutely awesome!
Daughter of Olorin chapter 4 . 4/21/2008
OMG, the socks, the feather duster, the fruit, and the song! My cheeks are hurting from laughing so hard. The whole scene was killing me. And the one goblin that looked up and up. . .so funny! If they do it every year, who else have they been stealing socks from? The poor chicken! “Stealing” his throne—that was great. “Who do?” “I do.” “You do?”—so much fun! “Only when the last one had gone did Sarah collapse to the ground, laughing so hard she thought her ribs would break.”—I’m close to that myself. Wow, how did she manage to break away from all that to go home for cake? LOL! Love this line (what a stinger): “Your brother." His smile had turned wry. "And when the contest is between that one and myself, we already know the winner, don't we?" Great chapter!
Daughter of Olorin chapter 3 . 4/12/2008
Absolutely adored numbers six through twenty-two. I love your humor! Bunnied and ran—LOL! “Here I am … talking to you, when I could be kissing you.”—wow, that’s hot! Loved these: “Rewind to – what was that one again? Oh yeah. Item fifteen: the melting of the brain. Ksghsplkigghligrk.” And “I think that’s the mice.” The Labryinth’s national anthem? Ok, I totally want to hear that. _ I was ROTFLMAO at her bra. I can’t wait to get to the next chapter!
Daughter of Olorin chapter 2 . 4/10/2008
I am loving your characterization of Sarah. I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, maybe that she’s so real, average, typical (besides being haunted by goblins _). And rather humorous! Jareth is great too. I think you’ve really captured him mannerisms and kept him “light” in the vein of the fic. I’m all quotey but I can’t help it. Love it: “Sock it to me, Goblin King -" she muttered. Then – "Oh – right. Socks." And “The first thing she realized was that while goblins apparently bounced, humans did not.” Either the washing machine or the underpants gnomes stole the socks, surely not the goblins. _ The scene with the three goblins, the laundry, and the feather duster was great! Nice way to end the chapter. Oh, btw, it’s been so long since I read A Christmas Carol, I didn’t make the connection. Very nice choice and use of the classic.
Daughter of Olorin chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
I’m back again. I can’t help myself—I’m addicted to your work. “Merlin was dead, to begin with.”—that’s so depressing. But it’ll catch your attention as the opening line of the fic. _ I absolutely loved this: ‘She pounded the dough into the countertop with one fist. Thwack. "The world stays right-side-up." Thwack. "There are twenty-four hours in a day." Thwack. "And gravity still applies - right?" She held up the dough, then let it fall. Plop. "Right!" Thwack. "And nothing -" Thwack! "NOTHING I dream will ever make it otherwise!" THWACK!’ I just love your style. With goblins trolling about her family’s home, I don’t blame her for reacting this way. What chaos in them getting ready to leave. I felt like I was there! Inuyasha—that is very cool! This is a great line: “All she knew is that the dreams had started that night – and that one of those bitches had brought the crab cakes, and was thus to blame – since the vivid, moving-painting, oily quality of the images in her sleep could only be due to lingering food poisoning.” You are killing me here—‘”“Jareth. Jar-eth. J-A-R-E-T-H – His Royal Majesty, King of the Fucking Goblins, who looks like the rave-party offspring of Titania and Heathcliff on heroin mixed with crack!”’ What an image! I love it! Awesome opening chapter!
amyraka chapter 5 . 4/3/2008
"Won't that be nice?" *snicker*

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, beginning to end, and I cannot tell you how many times I laughed out loud at what you'd written (my roommate probably thinks I'm more crazy than she already did). So... thank you for your wonderful story, and I hope to read more of your work soon!

~Besa