Reviews for Archangel
Doctor MisFire chapter 41 . 6/10
Did you just kill Jayne and then bring him back to life?! Because I can't have you playing with my emotions like that.
loomerg chapter 45 . 7/21/2014
Damn good story from a damn good writer. . But o my lord you have a convoluted brain. Guess good writers do
DawnoftheNutter chapter 45 . 8/14/2012
I. Loved. This. Story. 'Nuff said about that. :) Love the ending.
PerfectDisaster22 chapter 45 . 2/6/2012
Holy crap, this story was absolutely amazing. I loved everything about it- the way you used the concept of Archangels, the characterizations, the war. It was all fantastic. I can see how this story would be so incredibly difficult to struggle through writing, but oh my God am I glad you finished it. Brilliant work.
Kira Kyuu chapter 45 . 12/15/2011
A very very good bit of work! Not that it's small, I mean. . .

Anyway! I very much liked this story. . . -nods- Yes, I like it very much. I was wonderin what, exactly, happened to the Alliance and the Browncoats, after all'a this? Or do ya rather just leave it open ended?

Thanks so much for the story! -bows-

K9
carick of hunter moon chapter 45 . 11/16/2010
In this story you show a gown up writing style that show you have the story tell gift well done and thank you for your hard work
Bard of Shadows chapter 45 . 10/14/2010
Loved it lots. Sir Jayne, now that has some ring to it, very shiny! Thank you for sharing!

BardofShadow
samson28 chapter 45 . 8/23/2010
Very much enjoyed.

So glad I found it as a completed fic, waiting for new chapters would have driven me crazy. :)
esclaramonde chapter 45 . 4/7/2010
Hi! I'm really surprised that I haven't stumbled across your work before, as I used to read heavily in the Rayne fandom a while ago. I did however, come across Archangel whilst searching for some Jaylee, and OMG I would like to now build a shrine to your brilliance.

Archangel is fabulous! I'll be honest, I nearly clicked away during the first chapter, I wasn't sure where it was going with "Janine Cobb" and I'm so glad I kept on, because you've blown my mind. THe entire premise is so original (well, to me, any way). The pacing, the humour, the relationships all perfectly timed and intertwined. The action is brilliantly written (cross my heart, my b/f asked me why I kept bobbing my head while I was reading - I said "The reavers are attacking".) I can't remember a time I was so engaged with a story.

I"m sure Archangel has flaws but I could not for life of me name a significant one right now, I was so involved I just strapped myself in and enjoyed the ride. I'm really looking forward to reading you 'back catalogue' of fanfic and if you need some candles to go with the goat to get your original fic published, just give a shout-out. This is exactly the sort of passionate, action-filled (and just a smidge of romance to keep my inner girl happy) fiction I would love to grab off the shelves.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with the fandom.
Wattestaebchen chapter 2 . 10/14/2009
I'm absolutely stunned. This is so...you have thought much about this didn't you? I only can say...Abolutely great. I'm gonna read...

Facey
Cheryl- tallera257hotmail.com chapter 45 . 7/2/2009
I've been devouring your Firefly stories ever since I found them, but I felt like this one deserved a special mention. Your ability to take the personal stories of the crew (about whom we all care so much) and interweave them with a far grander tapestry of the political, historical and military tides of the 'verse is spectacular. :)

However, this story also deserves special mention as one of my favorite portrayals of a character you clearly don't like very much: Mal. Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of Mal's MANY character flaws, and I can see how someone who's as enamored of Jayne as you appear to be would not exactly take a shine to the Captain. ;) But after reading a couple of your other stories in succession (specifically the first Spartan story and The Long Night), the image of Mal as a pathologically unreasonable and emotionally abusive hundan was starting to wear a bit thin. The version of Mal in this story (as well as the one in the Shade 'verse) seem much closer to the "real" Mal in my eyes. Occasionally unstable, pigheaded in the extreme, and too-often prone to judging without enough information...but ultimately a good man (*stab*...well, an "alright" man), with good intentions, and great dedication to the concepts of freedom and family. I guess perhaps I'll have to go watch the series again (for the thousandth time) from a more Jayne-centric point of view to be certain, but I never saw the level of abusiveness toward Jayne from Mal that you seem to hint at in so many of your stories. I appreciate the level of tension and drama that these conflicts are able to bring to your writing, but on a fundamental level there's always a part of me itching for Mal to pull his head out of his pigu and come correct with himself and those around him...and you often unflinchingly refuse to allow that to happen. That's certainly your prerogative as the author, but it makes for a bit of discomfort on my part as the reader, as I'm feeling that disconnect between your Mal and what I see as "the real Mal."

I had a bit of a similar issue with this story, not relating to Mal, but to the romance. Try as I might, I just can't picture Jayne and Kaylee as a couple like I can picture Jayne and River. They just don't fit nearly as well, in my opinion. That said, I still enjoyed this story immensely, but my favorite parts were the strong sibling bond between Jayne and River, and the grand tapestry (forgive me for reusing that phrase, but it fits the best!) of the larger events in the 'verse. I loved the concept of the Archangel Order, and the idea that the Alliance would attempt to control and harness the terrible force of the Reavers to suit their own ends is downright inspired. I find myself wondering why I've never read other stories in which the Operative is related to Book, given their similar backgrounds and ethnicity, as that was also an inspired connection. Thought I admit, I'm confused about how Monty became a Reynolds...is this some snippet of canon that I missed, that he and Mal are related? Exactly HOW are they related? Uncle/nephew, cousins, etc.? That connection seemed a bit...convenient, especially given that it was never explained or justified in the story. At least not that I saw, but I could have missed it, as I was reading REALLYFAST to try to get to the end and find out what happened. ;)

I apologize for the wall of text, but this story was complex, and inspired a lot of complex reactions in me. :) It was beautiful, horrible, touching, gripping and gentle by turns. Your facility with the characters and the language/slang of the 'verse is impressive...to the point that after reading your stories for a few hours, I often find myself unintentionally speaking (and even thinking!) in 'verse-speak for a bit. ;D I really ought to make it a habit to read your stories right before a session of my Serenity table-top campaign, as it would make it much easier to get into character! ;D

In the last analysis, I guess I just want to say thank you for sharing your genius versions of Firefly with all of us. All of your stories are clearly a labor of much love, but none so much as this one. The Shade 'verse may be longer and perhaps a bit more engaging on a personal level, but this one is more stately, more grand and mythological. I appreciate that in a good story. ;D Many thanks, hugs, and exhortations to keep writing!
spedclass chapter 41 . 2/3/2009