Reviews for Out of Memory and Time
Sarahbarr17 chapter 10 . 3/25/2008
Oh, dear! What a sad closing line to the chapter. Hope Faramir is soon over the worst...

YOur writing is great, as ever.

Hugs,

Sarah x
Susan W chapter 10 . 3/23/2008
Most Excellent! A wonderfully long chapter to enjoy! :) :) Shireling, I am so excited that you were able to update this weekend. I had to read this chapter twice, same as last chapter, just to gather it all in and feel the hope and happiness from Faramir's friends as Sam tells them the news.

I love the way Sam seemed nervous and excited to be telling Aragorn and Legolas his tale. Nervous because he knew he would have to tell them the whole of it and not just the happy part of Faramir being alive. Of course, Aragorn would want to run right to Fara's aid. Loved the short little scene with Sam and Arwen. sweet! Poor Eowyn! She'll be pacing the floors waiting to hear news. That is if she doesn't go riding off to the Havens herself. ;) :)

I'm glad that Aragorn took Damrod and Beregond with him to the Havens. Those two men may just have more power than anyone to bring Fara back to them all. I love how Beregond thought about how Cirdan might be leading them into taking an oath to not seek Fara out. What a relief it was that he dragged Damrod out with him before such an oath could be made. But, most excellent as Cirdan seemed to know what the two men were up to by leaving his council before the oath could be made. ;) :)

"“He is alive and he is safe and one way or another we will get him back!” Beregond vowed." Most excellent! Hold to that belief, Beregond!

Yay! Elladan and Elrohir also get to go to the Havens. Hmm! They were not in on Cirdan's council and hence not part of the oath either. Will they try to help Beregond and Damrod get into the Healing House to see Fara?

Another sad scene as Cirdan tries not to crush Aragorn's and Legolas' hopes, but still must tell them straight that Fara is still too fragile in mind to be receiving them and has actually refused to see them. :(

sniffles! Poor dear Faramir! This was probably the saddest scene of all as Fara tries to retreat from all even further.

"Min had retreated into himself, worn out by the harrowing nature of his few returned memories." "His posture told of the huge burden that oppressed him. His withdrawal was complete; his hand, cupping his good ear, was pressed against the casement deliberately blocking what little hearing he had."

Such a sad picture seeing Fara in that stance by the window. :(

That last scene as Fara retrieves his memories of his lost family and especially his beloved brother brought me to tears. "After three years of suppressing his memories and his emotions, these revelation piled one upon the other until he could no longer contain the pain. The howls of grief, the plaintive keening, echoed around the harbour and cast a pall of grief over the residents."

I can just see his friends gathered together trying to comfort each other that Fara will return to them.

In this, I do hope that Cirdan is wrong as he doesn't know Fara's strength of will. "I begin to doubt that he will ever truly recover,” Lord Cirdan said sadly."

But Radagast did get to see some of Fara's true nature appear when they stayed the month in the fishing village. If that little bit of tenacious spirit and vigor seeped through before, then there is more of where it came from!

sigh! My usual wish, that you could update again tonight. But, I guess not since you have visitors. sigh! ;)

Well, update as soon as possible. I am most Anxious to see what happens next. Surely this tale is not almost over with! Gah! Can't be! Keep writing and I'll keep reading! :) :)

Thanks for updating!
sara chapter 10 . 3/23/2008
Every time I see that this story has been updated I am so excited to read it! I don't know if that is really the right emotion to feel after this chapter though. What a terrible ordeal for everyone involved-you haven't shown Eowyn's reaction but I cannot even imagine how hard that will be for her. Even though there is a lot of happiness to know he is alive, how difficult that he is so changed! It's a tease!
Dunderklumpen chapter 10 . 3/23/2008
I so enjoy to read the story! I like your writing style and love the whole idea of a amnesiac Faramir. I'm impatiently waiting for the next chapters. Really great work!
acacia59601 chapter 10 . 3/23/2008
Oh, poor Faramir, he's not having an easy time of it, is he... No enemy is as dangerous and damaging to him as himself. He's his own worst enemy.

If he doesn't break entirely, we will come out of this ordeal far stronger than he ever would have been otherwise.
DXRULES103 chapter 9 . 3/20/2008
Beautiful. Thank you. Continue.
vectis chapter 9 . 3/17/2008
Thank goodness Faramir's true identity has been revealed, never guessed that it would be due to Sam though, can't wait to see how his friends and loved ones react to the news.
dream.in.a.jar chapter 9 . 3/17/2008
Hooray! Chapter 9, the long awaited revelation! I had imaged many scenarios for this moment, and pictured many possible triggers for this moment (what else can a reader do while waiting the author to play the magic?), I am so surprised that I am not surprised at all when read about it was Sam! I never guessed! But of course! And what a canning arrangement for the meeting! I can't wait to read more about the real meetings! Thank you for the wonderful stories! It is more than satisfying!
Susan W chapter 9 . 3/16/2008
MOST EXCELLENT! Sam being the visitor to the Havens was an unexpected surprise, especially as we all thought surely it was going to be Aragorn. It does figure, though, that it would be Sam visiting the Grey Havens for the anniversary of Mr. Frodo leaving ME.

I definitely want to be in the same room as Aragorn when Sam delivers his happy message to the King. Faramir is found! YAY! :) :)

I just had to get all of that off my chest first. It is the best part of this update as Sam finally gets a chance to see Fara at the break of fast on the second day of his visit. I thought at first that Sam was going to miss his chance at seeing Min as he, Sam, was only going to be there a couple of days and he had so far avoided the other communal meals.

Poor Fara! I love that Cirdan and Radagast are there when Fara goes into a panic after his first face to face meeting with someone who knows him. Love the scene with Cirdan and Fara, as Cirdan convinces Fara to allow him to see his, Fara's, dreams.

Aww! No wonder dear Fara did not want to revisit his dreams/memories, not as long as he believed that the King was dead. sniffles! Having lost his memory, he has not even gotten to grieve for his murdered soldiers, nor properly for his dear beloved brother, Boromir.

Yay! True healing is coming his way when he sees the King with his own eyes, standing well and hale. Oh, and with a new addition to Aragorn's family, if we heard Sam right talking about the King showing off his bairn to his northern kin.

Who will accompany the King to the Havens to see for themselves that Fara is still alive after being missing and later counted as dead? Hmm! They'll certainly be unbelieving when they hear of it, but of course, Sam would hardly say it without knowing for sure of whom he had met. "“He is much altered but, aye, it is him, I’d swear to it,” Sam affirmed." :) :)

And again, Yay!, for Cirdan's mission for Sam! :) :)

I love Sam's description of Fara; "..and from where I was sitting he seemed thinner . . Mr Faramir was tall and broad across the shoulder, being an archer.."

and "Mr Faramir was one of the most honourable people I have ever had the privilege to meet.”

Thank you for the update! I have been looking forward to it all week. I enjoyed this chapter twice tonight, just to savor all the details of Sam going to the Havens and making his happy discovery. :) :) The Fates certainly directed his feet and the timing of all the events taking place.

Sigh! Wish the Fates would step in and the next update get posted tonight while I'm sitting here reading. ;) :) Well, it's been known upon some rare occasions for some fanfic authors to update twice on the same night. sigh!

Absolutely and Most Anxiously awaiting the next update!
sara chapter 9 . 3/16/2008
I never would have expected that it would be Sam who was the one to find Faramir! But I love it anyway! Can't wait for the next chapter :)
acacia59601 chapter 9 . 3/16/2008
I don't know why I expected it to be Aragorn who discovered Faramir, but Sam was just perfect to be the agent of change! I can't wait for more!
rangerofthewild chapter 8 . 3/13/2008
i hope min gets his hearing back. When you you post another chapter?
Susan W chapter 8 . 3/8/2008
Most Excellent! I could hardly wait to get in here to read/review. sigh! Same excuse as last time. :( Too tempting not to read it even if it was very late last night, just too sleepy to review.

Loved the scene in the Shire with Merry being interested in what was going on in the outside world. I absolutely see him and Pippin wanting to keep up with the doings outside their own little world. Glad to see them convincing Sam that it would be good for him to get away from the Shire for a bit.

Hmm! Love the way everyone will be together for when Faramir/Min is found? ;) :)

Finally Radagast has arrived in the little glade where Min has settled. So it was he that had left the supplies for when he might return to the forest.

Love all the scenes with Min and Radagast and later with Cirdan. Most excellent! Nice to see that Radagast was able to convince Min to go with him to the Havens. "“His features tell of a noble heritage. . .of Númenor and the First born." Lovely description and great to see them recognizing his features. They are very close to finding out Min's ancestry, hence where he really belongs.

"“His mind is troubled but he is a good man, I think; one of great courage, if what I have glimpsed of his past is any indication.”"

Great job seeing the way Radagast is able to get bits and pieces of Min's past so he can start piecing it all together. And most excellent that Cirdan has been able to help Min get some of his hearing back and taking away the ringing in his ears.

What has happened to Fara's dream/visions of Boromir? Would be lovely having his beloved brother make an appearance just so he can give Min a shake and force him to take a look at his past. Until Min accepts the aid offered him by Cirdan, he cannot heal his poor tormented soul. aauugghh! Move over Bori, let me shake your brother. ;) :) LISTEN TO CIRDAN! "“Do not say it!” Cirdan admonished, sharply. “Min, I am reckoned by my people to be a good judge of character and I tell you again that I see no weakness in you. . .other than your reluctance to reach out and take up the offers of healing and friendship that are offered to you. Ranan was guided to you and offered to bring you here because he saw that you were in need. . .and yet you deny that need!”"

And finally a moments release for Min/Fara as he weeps! There's a start.

Aww! Love the way Cirdan and Radagast try to convince Min that the scars and the bad dreams are not a good judge of his, Min's, character. Now if he will only listen to their good sense.

"“You scars tell nothing but that you have been terribly and viciously abused. . .they mark you as a victim. . .not a felon nor a traitor. . .they are not a sign of judicious chastisement!” At this pronouncement Min slumped down into the chair and shrugged on his tunic." sigh!

And the true crux of the problem and Min's reason to claim cowardice.. Min is afraid of his memories. Again, where is dream/vision Bori at? He is desperately needed!

I am most curious about this visitor that has even Cirdan excited to receive. Would it happen to be one King of Gondor, Aragorn, stopping by? ;) :) Well, neither do I want the tale to start winding down too soon, but it would be nice to see someone finally recognize Min!

You would end with one of those dratted cliffies. grr! *mutters nasty things at the computer as it will not pull up chapter 9 yet. ;) :)

Oh! Loved the scenes of happy and laughing Fara/Min as he and Radagast lived in the little fishing village for a month. Wonderful!

No weak or feeble person is my Min/Fara! ;) :) He has not given up on life nor gotten bitter about his circumstances. He just wants some bit of peace. His natural instinct is to aid others and he cares whether he disturbs their peace or not. That is certainly not a sign of weakness, as no weak person would do such.

Thanks for writing! And now I'm Most Anxiously Awaiting the next update! Soon, please!
Syntyche chapter 8 . 3/8/2008
It is regretful that a story so well-crafted and well-written should have so few reviews ... I am completely captivated! Even before you made it clear that Min is Faramir I was engrossed by the character and pulled into the story. It's amusing but also, I think, slightly unfair to have so many near-encounters with individuals who would recognize Faramir, but I say "unfair" only in jest and with a sense of wryness at wishing poor Faramir well while not wanting the story the end.

All of that to say "well done" and "please update soon." ;)
acacia59601 chapter 8 . 3/7/2008
Wow, great chapter! I sense a reunion and revelations in the upcoming chapters... I can't wait to see Aragorn's face!
68 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »