Reviews for Out of Memory and Time
Sarahbarr17 chapter 4 . 2/4/2008
What a chapter - so greviously sad!

But I fear that I am like Eowyn - I cling to a desperate hope that somehow Faramir remains alive and whole...

Hugs,

sara chapter 4 . 2/4/2008
Whoa! Was not expecting the events of this chapter... but of course, Faramir can't really be dead, can he?
Susan W chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
Most Excellent! Although, this chapter had me sniffling, especially with the beautiful memorial for the House of Hurin.

I am so glad that Eowyn remains faithful to her belief that Faramir is still alive! She is very well written here with her character being what we expect her to be. A strong and outspoken woman of Rohan, a Shieldmaiden and a horsewoman. She'll not stand for someone to organize her life for her, but I do hope she stays in Emyn Arnen as she has already done much for Ithilien, hence Gondor.

And now we definitely know who Min is! It's no wonder that Min gained the friendship and respect of the men of the "Duck" so quickly. The passage of time is flowing fast and I wonder how and who will eventually find Fara.

Yay! Thanks for including not only Legolas and Gimli, but also the Twin sons of Elrond. Most post-war fics only have Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli and sometimes the Twins with Fara off to the side as a minor character. Usually he's staying in Minas Tirith to hold down the fort whilst his King and the elves go traipsing off after the bad guys. I've always wanted to see how a friendship might develop between him and the other elves and with Aragorn. Or having everyone going to his aid instead of him standing off in the sidelines.

Oh! Thanks for writing a mix of movie verse and book verse here. My favorite kind of story as I loved the actors in their roles, but of course, wanted some of the things that PJ left out of the movies. sigh! The best way to get it all is through fanfics! :) :)

Aaeeii! Such a small troop Fara was riding with. I suppose they either underestimated how many outlaws there actually were or they only meant to scout them out and report back to Cair Andros. I wonder, did the outlaws know of who they were leading to an ambush?

Fara was a very able commander and a good strategist! And I'm here to tell the Elves and Uncle Imrahil that as they seem to be treating him like a youth in his first command and a bit hot-headed rather than the strong commander who led the Rangers against all odds in defense of Gondor/Ithilien. Just makes one wonder how he fell for the outlaw's ambush. hmm! Looking forward to the King and friends finally finding someone who was there when Fara and his troops were taken.

aaeeii! Poor Fara! Being made to watch as his men where probably tortured before being put to their deaths. eep!

Ah NO! Please Estel do not give up Hope! "But as the year drew to a close the King and his councillors finally accepted that Gondor had lost the last scion of the House of Hurin." sniffles!

Absolutely And Most Anxiously Looking Forward to The Next Update! Another week! ahh! Must it be so long from now?
acacia59601 chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
Wow... I think I know who Min is now... UPDATE SOON!
vectis chapter 3 . 1/29/2008
This has all the makings of a great story and I'm very curious to discover Min's history.

Am I correct in assuming that the sailors affectionately call their ship "Duck" although its real name is "Grey Swan"? (Thought swans were usually white or black and the cygnets grey). Is this a reference to "The Ugly Duckling" or the English habit of calling swans ducks?
Sarahbarr17 chapter 3 . 1/26/2008
Good to see another chapter up.

I hope that Min recovers his hearing!

Susan W chapter 3 . 1/25/2008
Most excellent! I was hoping for an update soon! And you have! Yay! :) :)

This tale does hold one's attention and you have me intrigued to find out who this "Min" is! With just the two chapters involving Min, he has already become endeared to us readers.

Hmm! Min does have some Faramir-ish traits. He can read and write and knows his numbers quite well, which probably wasn't too common with the general population. I love that he has been watching over things, especially with aiding the crew and the keeping count on the cargo. Love how he caught the shipping agent trying to pull a fast one on the unsuspecting and easy going Captain.

"The youngster was neat and precise and took his new responsibilities seriously. Shipping agents up and down the coast soon learned to treat him with respect. He had an instinctive knowledge of the men he dealt with and was quick to pick up and challenge those who were less than honest in their dealings."

But, here I am already accepting that Min is Fara and it hasn't even been stated yet who he is. You've probably dropped clues and I'm just reading right around them. ;) :)

What about that time inbetween, when Fara parted from the injured King and Min being found in the River? Is Min just a very integral part to the tale without being who we think he is? If Min is not Fara, then where is Fara and how is he faring? :) :) And where is the King and Legolas and Gimli etc etc.. ;) :)

Like I said, you have me hooked into this tale and I am most anxiously looking forward to more. More soon, please!
BM originally chapter 3 . 1/25/2008
so what happens next? This is really interesting! Though I am curious as to what is happening to Faramir at the moment...

One question: at some points, you seem to refer to the ship as the "Duck"; at others, you say "Gray Swan". I was just wondering what was the name of the ship?
acacia59601 chapter 3 . 1/25/2008
Great chapter, I'm completely intrigued by Min and who he might be! Update soon!
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 1/18/2008
A very exciting is great to see Aragorn and Faramir again and I hope this story will have plenty of them working together and growing in friendship and trust. I like their concern for each other.

Poor Aragorn.I wish Faramir would listen to Beregond.
DXRULES103 chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
Wow. Wonderful, and exciting chapter. Thanks.
vectis chapter 2 . 1/15/2008
I'd decided not to review chapters unless I had something really constructive to say about them as writing "great chapter" all the time seems a bit pathetic. Then I changed my mind. Great chapter, well written, can't wait for the next. Will leave the well rounded critiques to others!
Susan W chapter 2 . 1/14/2008
Most excellent! I wanted to get to this yesterday, but stuff just kept getting in my way.

Yay! Nice to see Faramir, Aragorn, Arwen, and Imrahil once again together in one of your tales. Sigh! I love the portrayal of Faramir as stubborn and mule-headed! snicker! :) :) He makes for a much more lively and likely character. And now Fara will go after the outlaws with his men despite his King's wishes for him to return to the city. Yay!

I feel for Fara being stuck in the stone city after being so free while living the life of a Ranger. Kind of romantic, I think. I have always loved the Rangers ever since I read the books.. (well, waayy back when) ;) :)

Poor dear Fara! The loss of his big brother, Boromir, will not be an easy one to get over. I love how close you show them to have been. And now he will need the closeness of new friendships to get him by until he is finally able to let go of his beloved brother. sniffles!

Lovely addition of Fara having the "dream visions". Finding Boromir's sword was a lovely scene. sigh! sniffles! Fara just seeps with sadness.

It will be nice to see Legolas enter into the picture. You have developed a great friendship between Fara and the Elf! And of course, Gimli can make anyone laugh whole-heartedly.

Sigh! Poor Aragorn! Just when he was ready to drag his Steward back home, he gets injured. aaeeii! I do hope he heals quickly, I'm afraid he'll be needed quite soon!

Nice to see Tamir again! Once again he has to make sure Fara takes care of himself and not just everybody else. :) :)

Now I'm wondering if Minnow will turn out to be Fara! hmm! ;) :)

Most Anxiously Awaiting the Next Update! Soon Please!
BM originally chapter 2 . 1/14/2008
Interesting story line so far-I'm willing to see where it goes! Then again, it's a story about Faramir-of course I'm intersted! :D
Guest chapter 2 . 1/14/2008
Woah, what a chapter! Very exciting... Good plotline so far.

Good characterisation of Elessar, Arwen, Faramir, Beregond & Imrahil.

I hope Aragorn is OK and heals swiftly! I hope Faramir isn't too distraught by these events. And I'm very curious to know the meaning of Faramir's dreams...

Happy writing and PLEASE update soon!

May the spirit of Tolkien inspire you!

Hugs,

Sarah x

PS. Be careful that your (normally excellent) dialogue does not contain any modern, American words and phrases (e.g. "cut me some slack").
68 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »