Reviews for Graduation
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
Rhea Silverkeys chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
I was sucked into this straight-away. The writing is amazing. It flows really well and is easy to read.

Ooh, the bit about Katrina thinking about having to kill him. She's quite cold, isn't she?

I really liked the bit where Jason fails to get her hint and follows meekly behind. I just got a rather funny image in my head.

I have no idea how you normally write, but I think you got Katrina's voice down very well. Not in conversation, but throughout the narrative. She's arrogant, doesn't think much of Jason, and is confident in her own abilities.

"...used by arrogant scientists who thought that pi was a secure password or safe combination that only they would ever think of. Idiots."

See? Arrogant and confident in her abilities. I loved this bit.

This bit is reaally nitpicky, but I think there's supposed to be a question mark instead of a full-stop at the end of this sentence:

"Were they about to be met with gun barrels as the elevator doors opened."

I really liked this story, especially the twist at the end. If I was familiar with the fandom, I think I'd have seen that coming (because I'd know which side Jason worked for) but, seeing as I don't, it came as a surprise, and a really cool one at that. The change from incompetent partner to cool, competent agent was nicely described. I think your dialogue was nicely done, because I found myself reading it out loud, which I tend to do if I really like it and it flows well. I really don't have anything to concrit, I thought this was very well written and I really liked it. I loved how you portrayed Katrina's arrogance in the narrative - probably mentioned it before, but I thought it was really well-done.
transmutejun chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
I'm sorry this isn't part of your AU. I don't see why it couldn't bem because it would fit in nicely. In any case, I love seeing the story from Katrina's POV, especially when the reader is 'in the know' as to the actual identities of the people they meet. I only wish you could have explored this idea further! I would love to see more about the Devilstar training, and what they think of our Birdies.
Math Girl chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Zoltar has designer wallpaper? Please tell me there's a story coming along that takes us into his elegantly appointed office? Sort of a "Lifestyles of the Rich and Psycopathic" Seriously, though... poor Katrina. Jason was right. She'd been played from square one. Were they hoping that somewhere during her assasination attempt, she'd reveal the mole? Obviously, they already knew her intended target, as she'd spilled everything before hand to Jason. Maybe the time to have gone for an interrogation would have been when they arrested/ locked her up the first time. The hairbrush-gun was cool, but all I can say is that Devil Star graduation requirements are *really* tough. Well done, good read and (as always) I look forward to lots more. :)

Summer39 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Great one shot. Good set up and very well written. I especially liked the conversation between the team towards the end of this story. Nice to have a sense of humor, despite the outcome, particularly in their line of work. And the ending summed up the story nicely. Over all, good job.
Shadowjump chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
I've found all of your stories well written and able to hold my interest to the end. This story is no different. Wonderful job!
Lady Tragic chapter 1 . 1/8/2008

I haven't seen Battle of the Planets, but I do like the ending a lot!
fantaskie chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Whew! I know nothing of the Battle of the Planets, but this was a really...edge-of-the-seat read. I'm not sure if a fan/reader/viewer of this particular series would've guessed the end, but it sure was a surprise here! I like the way you suits this sort of genre really well, and proved very handy in directing the imagination.:D