Reviews for Second Best
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
A great story. Very good.
L.E. Jones1 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
"Fred is a small, stammering, child-like, creature, but she’s also a champion brave and strong like all the rest of them, like Lilah isn’t. It infuriates Lilah that Fred with her sickeningly sweet nature and child’s fashion sense should best her . . ."

I'm sorry, but I cannot see Lilah viewing Fred as better than her, because the latter is . . . "a champion". And besides, I find the whole idea of "heroes" and "champions" rather hard to stomach. In my view, these are people who are incapable of simply having a life.
rainbowishprincess chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
I love, love, love this. Lilah is one of my favorite characters, and you captured her relationship with Wesley and her rivalry with Lindsey and her general being perfectly. I really do adore this.
Slash4Femme chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Thank you for the reviews and pointing out the typo for me. Also yes I know being a lawyer is hard, I happen to be a law student in real life ;~) but in the world of Angel and Buffy where people can do magic and have superpowers being just an ordinary person pales slightly in comparison.
Athlantis chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
I really like this, poor Lilah!

one thing though, I think it's Wolfram and Hart, not Wolfmen.

Anyway, I really like it, it was short and right to the point

thanks for sharing ;)
Imzadi chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Although I do understand what you mean, and this is a very well-written story, I must take a little umbrage at the idea that being a lawyer isn't quite good enough. It takes outstanding grades to get into law school and only a small percentage of college graduates are accepted. Then comes three years of hard work. Becoming a lawyer is quite an accomplishment, and Lilah could be proud. Thank you for spelling Lindsey right (many don't), but it's Wolfram & Hart, not Wolfmen & Hart.