Reviews for Every Other Midnight
Deadrana chapter 83 . 5/27
I just re-read this entire story - nothing like returning to an old favourite when you need to ignore your reality for a little while. Thank you so much for creating this world, this complicated, messy backstory for Lily and James. Reading it all through in one go, I marvelled at how many connections you managed to make to the canon and how well it all fits together. Thank you for this work!
Lauren chapter 7 . 5/21
This is years after you finished this story so who knows if you'll even see this but I am positively GIDDY over this story. Usually I hate Professor/Student stories because they make me uncomfortable but I absolutely love this. I love their banter and how comfortable they are with each other and I love how it seems like Dumbledore wants this to happen. I haven't stopped smiling through this whole thing (I have to stop myself from squealing at some parts). It's almost 3 am where I am but I'm definitely not sleeping tonight lol I am so happy I found this story.
aidni chapter 44 . 5/14
FINALLY
ReadingnerdOtaku chapter 83 . 5/11
I am in love with this fic. I can't put it in words.
Anonymous chapter 83 . 4/30
I know this stopped being updated a long time ago, so not sure if you'll ever see this, but I had to comment on what an amazing effort this story is. Your portrayal of the characters explores gaps left by JK and is intriguing, the storyline was enthralling.
As I'm not sure if this is the ending, because you haven't stated so in your notes, I would assume that this story has been abandoned, if not for good, then at least for the unforseen future. It's taken me a week to read it all the way through, and I have to say I'm amazed. I've never read a fic like this one and I've never seen characters so well written and developed as you have done so, especially in the case of Sirius. I want to truly thank you, because I have been stressed to the breaking point about choosing a college and taking my IB and AP exams in May, and this has been how I've spent my free time to forget about all of that. You really do have a gift, and honestly I don't know if I'll ever read something this long that flows so well or manages to keep the story going without ever losing me. I've read for hours a day for the past 8 days, and I'm sitting here at 2 in the morning writing this because I'm amazed at your creation. I felt like even your author's notes explaining your situation as time passed were interesting as well, with all of your travels. So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for bringing this world to life and letting me indulge myself exploring it. I can't remember my username or password, so I can't log in to leave this review, but my twitter is alexmanos1 so if you keep writing this (it's been years so I won't get my hopes up too much) I would love to know, but I also understand that you are incredibly busy and probably don't have the time. Anyways, I wish you all the best, and I am so thankful for Every Other Midnight, because it has kept me sane for the past week.
bombshell490 chapter 1 . 3/24
It just had to end with lily being Azkaban
For the Horde chapter 81 . 3/15
I don't understand Lily's nearly pathological need to be the most important woman in the lives of pretty much every man she's around for any length of time.
Francis chapter 78 . 3/15
This what so many people have an issue with Lily has to BEG Snape not to murder two people ion cold blood. The she is incensed at every other Death Eater. she's just a hypocrite.
MelPotterhead chapter 83 . 2/11
Best thing I've ever read. Thankyou so much!
thepumpkinpastry chapter 83 . 2/3
I visited the place where we last met.
Nothing was changed, the gardens were well-tended,
The fountains sprayed their usual steady jet;
There was no sign that anything had ended
And nothing to instruct me to forget.

The thoughtless birds that shook out of the trees,
Singing an ecstasy I could not share,
Played cunning in my thoughts. Surely in these
Pleasures there could not be a pain to bear
Or any discord shake the level breeze.

It was because the place was just the same
That made your absence seem a savage force,
For under all the gentleness there came
An earthquake tremor: Fountain, birds and grass
Were shaken by my thinking of your name.
live4books chapter 83 . 1/31
I just re-read this for I don't know what time. It is still an amazing story and I hope that you do continue it even though its been years since the last update! 3
novemberthird chapter 79 . 1/21
I love your story, I just finished reading the entire thing. I hope you decide to update one day, but either way, I just wanted to let you know how much I adored it.
Sakura chapter 83 . 1/6
I remember reading this Fanfic a few years ago and decided to reminisce for old times sake. I didn't know you updated recently (2015) but I'm still happy since I haven't read the update until today! Kudos to you and I love how youve written everything so far! I hope one day you'll find the time to update!
fersilveira chapter 83 . 1/6
Hi, there :)
I’ve read Every Other Midnight in 2014 (the first time, I probably re-read it about 10 times) and never really left a comment but I do have a good excuse. I’m from Brazil and the first time I read this story I didn’t speak a word of English and read the portuguese version or by google’s translation which was not very good. When I finished it, I started trying to learn English and actually did some improvement so when you last updated I tried to write a review or even read the chapters in English, sadly I didn’t get a word. Even though my English got much better later, I didn’t have the guts to come here and try again, until now, 4 years later. I’m not the best at this language yet (and you obviously can see that) but Every Other Midnight has helped me a lot. Thank you for this.
The story is amazing, you probably won’t find a bigger fan than me. I wish this was canon or that you actually published a book. EoM is waay better than Cursed Child. I don’t know you but I already think you’re absolutely brilliant. That part in Sirius’ house when he explained the wizarding high society comes from France was amazing and it made sense (more than Cursed Child again)!
You’ve become my ultimate idol, since J.K. Rowling had disappointed me. Hope you are doing great. Bye!
4,665 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »