Reviews for Little Love
Cuna999 chapter 1 . 3/26/2010
I like it. :)

I especially like how you wrote how Amoretta met Grimalkin.

And Bartido, woo. Always the pervert, staring at Amoretta's chest. xD

Anyway, everyone else had said everything else, but all I really have to say is that I reall like it.
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Ooh, nice! A story in Amoretta's POV. Great insight into her character, and I like your version of how she met the grimalkin. )
Teru-Takinomi chapter 1 . 4/3/2009
I wish to say something intelligent, but it seems as if everything I was going to say "DezoPenguin" said already.

You did a magnificent job with this piece. Everything from feeling Amoretta's vacancy, her mere concave disposition. The way she appears in-game is held true to form in this small piece. Masterfully written. Great job.
DreamShadower chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
0.o That was really well done. You could really feel what Amoretta went through and her "hollowness"

I like!
BlackCat-Beware chapter 1 . 10/15/2008
I love it!LOL!
Sunder the Gold chapter 1 . 9/13/2008
An excellent work, and I echo DezoPenguin's specific points.

My own rationalization for why Amoretta and her grimalkin have no difficulties with each other is that only major devils like Advocat and Grimlet used to be angels. So, only major devils have a particular fixation with an angel trapped and comparatively helpless in human form.

Sorcerous familiars summoned and bound those fallen angels respond to their summoner's agitation, and seek out Amoretta. But on their own, the servants and slaves of the fallen ones don't especially care.
DezoPenguin chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
This is a nice one! The writing is well-crafted, and you do a good job of showing Amoretta's...I suppose you could call it "hollowness"... and lack of purpose in her early existence, and do fine work in showing "love" from an outsider's perspective, who doesn't have the sociocultural background to take it for granted. Likewise, I've always wondered exactly what a former angel was doing with a familiar that was a devil incarnated in cat's form (especially given that devils and demons from imps to Grimlet are consistently agitated by Amoretta's mere presence). The third paragraph from the last seems particularly laden with multiple interpretations, several of them not nice.

The cameo appearances by other characters (Advocat by reference, Chartreuse and Bartido on-stage) are excellent because they not only fit their personalities, but hint at their side agendas without actually coming out and stating them outright-anyone who has played the game will know at once what Bartido is writing about, but you didn't waste time explaining it since it wasn't germane to Amoretta's perspective.

If there's one quibble, it's with Amoretta remembering her existence as an angel, when she explicitly stated in the game that she had no memories of that existence. The first paragraph suggested that it was more a matter that she dreamed of it than actually recalled it, which would be all right, but the third through fifth paragraphs cut the other way. That's the only issue I'd have with an otherwise fine story.