Reviews for Black Widow
Another fantastic tale
Saratai chapter 22 . 7/30/2014
Genuinely enjoyed the whole story - you have a feel for their voices and actions, although Inara with Jayne is a little odd for my tastes. Really impressed with Zoe's voice in particular. She's a hard character to get right, and in my book, you did it really well.
charmony chapter 22 . 8/1/2012
WOW...this story has so much going on in it, I don't know where to start. Wait, yes I do; I'm so glad Mrs Niska is dead already. I loved that though Zoe got kidnapped, she also managed to rescue herself, and Inara in the process. I'm glad that Inara is now free of the Guild to discover what she wants to do with her life, and I can't say I minded the ending of the House Mistress's life (mean old bat). Poor Simon, my heart really broke for him and what he was going through. Again, I love your tradition of bringing everything around for the good of the whole crew. Wonderful job!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 22 . 3/16/2012
The addition of Badger was certainly a unique twist to subsequent events, and your decision to explore Inara’s resignation from the Guild was also well-handled; congratulations for attempting something that would so significantly alter the character dynamics of the crew (Even if Inara’s job wasn’t always a major component of the show, it certainly played its part more than once).

Widow Niska’s attack on the crew is certainly an interesting complication for the crew to deal with, their desire to protect their own pushing them further than they might be willing to go otherwise, but at least Mal’s subsequent deal with Badger saved them from having to make a particularly morally compromising decision about whether to betray the jerk who’s never actually HARMED them to agree to the ‘request’ of a woman who’s abducted one of their own just because they happen to have a couple of unfortunately acquaintances.

Still, I certainly can’t fault your resolution of the crisis; not only do we have the rather unconventional team of Zoe and Inara- I can’t actually recall any occasion where those two spent any time together without one of the others present-, but you even came up with an interesting twist regarding the House Mistress’s reasons for her ‘vendetta’ against Inara and ‘Serenity’.

Plus, of course, the long-term consequences look promising, given Simon’s current condition, Mal’s new ‘deal’ with Badger and Inara’s implied plans for a future career (Even if I think you could have drawn out Simon’s recovery more than you did; after mentioning how it might take weeks or more for him to get over the addiction, you skimmed over it rather quickly...)
librarywitch chapter 22 . 8/23/2008
Another fine adventure. Your stories are a pleasure to read. Thanks for all the hard work.
nadeshiko1 chapter 22 . 8/22/2008
Whoo! Finished!

I practically blazed through these today!

I gotta say that chapter 19 has got to be my favorite! It was so hard not to laugh when Jayne and River were laying it on the House Misstress. Serves her right, the old bat!

Gotta say, I LOVE the use of karma when the House Misstress met her death after leaving House Madrassa! He!

When I read that Andrew Chau was her son, I was like, "OMG! No freakin' way!"

Poor Simon. I just about had a heart attack when it came to him having a drug addiction. Now the hard part's keeping up with his program. Hope that he'll make it!

YAYs for Zoe and Jim. All this fluff makes my heart go SQUEE!

Off to read more!
nadeshiko1 chapter 3 . 8/2/2008
Inara keeps on mentioning being away for awhile. Why does that leave me with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

If Mrs. Niska finds Badger and then finds out that Mal helped him, will she go after him? I, at least, think that she will.
nadeshiko1 chapter 2 . 8/2/2008
I LOVe how you found a way to get the babies to sleep! Is it kinda like when you have the vaccum on or when you take babies around the naughborhood in the car?

BADGER? That slimeball! He's got some nerve stowing away on Mal's boat! Good thing he's gonna put Badger to work and get some credits off of him.
nadeshiko1 chapter 1 . 8/2/2008
Inara's gonna retire? I never expected that!

Glad to see Zoe had the baby making talk with Anya. I'd say she handled it pretty well.
koiia-halo chapter 22 . 3/31/2008
Yay, Jim & Zoe! :D Hehheh, the weight bench. The whole crew's hooked up with each other! 'Nother shiny fic, goin' to start the next one soon.
Whyt Wulf chapter 22 . 3/5/2008
I'd like to compliment you on an especially well-written story. As usual, the characters were right on, and the depth of research it seems you did for Simon's treatment show just how dedicated you are to the crew. Bravo.
Duk92 chapter 22 . 2/1/2008
Sweet ending, really liked the description in the last sentence.

Rest you fingers. :D

Hope to hear more from you soon!
CanadianAbby chapter 22 . 1/31/2008
Another one over? I enjoyed this one, as always. Really looking forward to the next one cause you two did a great collaboration last time.
Stellarsiren chapter 22 . 1/31/2008
Awesome story:) Looking forward to your next one:D
edenfalls81 chapter 22 . 1/31/2008
Another great one! I really enjoyed this last chapter and I'm looking forward to your next story!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »