Reviews for One Dozen Roses
geophf chapter 6 . 3/13/2009
Okay. Not fair.

You almost made me cry reading this chapter. This is not allowable. I'm in a business meeting with the customer (don't worry, I'm not on point), I CANNOT be crying in the middle of a business meeting with the customer.

But no. You've got to pull a Tyler on me: him handing roses to Bella, like he was all that. You've got to have Bella in the bathroom crying her eyes out ... TWICE ... with only a cold, wet paper towel for comfort.

And then: Mike.

Jeez!

Now I can understand why Edward is always having such a difficult time not going around tearing people to pieces.

But I don't understand how Bella can make it through a day in school if she gets bombarded like this. Maybe she should be considering home schooling.

No at her house ... GAH! Besides, Charlie is always at the station. But Esme is a stay-at-home mom, right?

Maybe she could, you know, start taking classes ... at the Cullen house.

Hehehe.

See, so this is all your fault. With this chapter and your PM, I've been forced to add you to my author alerts. With this story and your cupcakes (the original and the "sequel"), I simply _must_ know when you come out with new material, as you've threatened to do.
geophf chapter 5 . 3/11/2009
le review du placard:

Ah! Angel Ren, what a terrifying and wonderful chapter you have squeezed out with such economy of words!

When somebody says "monster closet", they really don't know what they're talking about, do they? But here, in this chapter, you have a monster closet that scares the life out of our poor Bella, but then rewards her (for living until after supper) with a mystical rose.

Things going bump in the night? No wonder Bella changes in the shared bathroom!

I've post a blog entry about the petal shower that I gave my wife, it's available on the entry "One Dozen Roses" at twilight-dash-dad-dot-blogspot-dot-com. I encouraged everybody in the world to go read your story, as it is the one piece of fan fiction that everyone should read.

Thanks again for a wonderful story!
sherbertlemon111 chapter 8 . 3/10/2009
This was such a wonderful read, extremely well written and your poem was beautiful, truly.
geophf chapter 4 . 3/8/2009
Actually, I did this for my wife when I was dating her, ... something like the petal shower, that is.

Nowadays, I give her two dozen roses on random occasions (keeps her on her toes), but back in the day, before you were born, I strew a dozen red roses over the sidewalk leading up from her driveway (actually her Aunt's and Uncle's driveway) up to her front door.

Of course, she totally missed it, just like Bella. She had groceries in her arms, and she wondered why the sidewalks was crunch-crunch-crunching beneath her feet. I wasn't there for the moment when she looked down (I had strewn the roses earlier that day and then made my escape to work), but I was told she had to go back to the store to buy more eggs.

She's such a cutie!
geophf chapter 3 . 3/8/2009
Oh! Dear me!

Five roses in two days! A capital offense! A perfect reason for a swoon-fest by our Bella.

But does she swoon? Even when Emmett is staring at her to make her blush? No.

But she does need to remember to put her pants on in the locker room. ... Yikes!

And it was nice that the mystery stalker - EdwardEdwardEdward! - left a nice vase for her to put the roses in.

Oh! But Bella saying "It depends" to Mike when he asked if she liked roses, right in front of Cullen, ... ouch! I hope Edward's feelings weren't hurt.

Wait a minute! What am I writing? Edward Cullen? His feelings are _always_ hurt.

Poor Edward! Maybe _Bella_ should be giving _Edward_ the roses: "It's okay little Eddie-Weddie, _I_ think you're cute!"

But that would hurt his feelings, too: "Oh! The miserable creature that I am, even to think that I, a purely evil monster, could ever be with this pure, sweet, chaste ..." Blah-blah-blah.

Gah! Edward! Get a grip!
geophf chapter 2 . 3/8/2009
Your Bella is pitch perfect! Returning to her bedroom to scream her head off at the sight of a rose waiting for her.

Now, everyone would expect her to scream if _ROSALIE_ was waiting for her in her bedroom ...

... well, that is, everyone except me ...

... but they would also expect her to swoon with eyelids batting prettily at the sight of a flower that could only obviously be from her Edward (that isn't her Edward yet, but the FANS DEMAND TRUE LOVE RIGHT AWAY!)

You, my dear Angel Ren, have shown us Bella as Bella. A real girl with real problems and real fears ...

... and real hope.

Bravo. Bravimissimo!
geophf chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
What a wonderful beginning to a wonderful story! From the very first words - "Three weeks." - I was captivated.

FYI: you have, of course, won the "geophf's most reread fan fiction story" trophy (viewable on my profile), but your story is also up for an "Eddie" award (Something like: "The one fanfiction story everyone simply must read"), and I have voted for your story in that category.

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful chapter! And a wonderful story, too!

Cheers,

geophf
EAMC1978 chapter 8 . 3/8/2009
This story is so sweet! I loved it.
Turquoise Mouse chapter 8 . 3/3/2009
This has got to be the best fic I have read in my entire life. I can't find words to describe how much I loved your story. Bella, Edward, the plot, the writing, the wit... \10. You made my day!
4lysikm8 chapter 4 . 3/3/2009
love it. Thanks :0)
Lady Dragona chapter 8 . 3/1/2009
This is a wonderful story full of mystery. I loved the secret admirer angle of this story. IT truely is romantic.
JillMH chapter 8 . 2/27/2009
This story was really cute. I love all the inventive ways Edward left the roses. Very good job and very well written!
Anna562 chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
It's a very funny, sweet, well written chapter! You did a great job with Bella's character. "Must be something in the water" had me chuckling.

Thanks for writing.
missie33 chapter 8 . 2/25/2009
That was SO CUTE! I LOVED it! It had everything Mystery Romance, Edginess...and all the other stuff for a great story! Thanks SO MUCH I really did enjoy it!
EmmettismyHUGEteddyBEAR chapter 8 . 2/21/2009
I LOVE THIS STORY! I HOPE YOU WIN!
883 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »