Reviews for No Worse Than An Icepick
SparrowxLight chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
wow...

amazing...(i'm truly not the best reviewer :)
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 10/13/2008
A great story. Very good.
cherrygurl1225 chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
I don't know... Are you sure about that? Maybe it IS worse than an icepick! *shrugs*

I'm sorry to say I still haven't seen Angel, but I wanted to read this story because I am a huge fan of your writing and you deserve at least one review (in case you don't get more), so that's why I'm here! ;)

This story has literally left me with chills (and right now I'm wearing a very warm light blue sweater), which is very good because that's what makes this story so breathtakingly gripping and captivating. When reading this story, I literally felt as though I was being raked through with an icepick, experiencing in part what this character is/was.

-"the feint speckles and dust of unconsciousness"- That phrase is just pure brilliance because of the irony of the statement; unconsciousness goes so much farther beyond dust and specks, but to have it reduced to such and in such a way because of how she's feeling throughout the course of the abuse is emotionally striking and very powerful.

I also love how she speaks her thoughts at the end and says the title of the fic. "No worse than an icepick." It just packs a nice conclusive punch, so to speak, and leaves the reader (or at least me) raw and emotionally bloodied; it feels as though I've gone thru some kind of abuse myself reading this because it is so emotionally compelling. And then that smile to conclude it all. *shudders*

Congrats on a fantastic one-shot and hopefully I'll be able to provide a better critique to your Angel fics once I've seen the show (if I ever do). And I'm looking forward to your thoughts/critique on the 2nd chapter of "Devil You Know" as well. I shall be waiting. ;)

For now,