Reviews for Burning Down the House
Hi. Discovered your fics back in college and rereading them now. Just noticed an inconsistency re: the time frame of Kreacher's death.
In this chapter it says "Kreacher was gone now too. He died six months after Harry married Ginny."
I just finished rereading The First Day. And according to that fic, Kreacher died just after Ginny's Quidditch game in her seventh year at Hogwarts. (One scene had the Hogwarts elves arguing over who would wake Harry, who had stayed in the hospital wing with Ginny after she got injured in the game, to inform him about it.)
Clinio chapter 9 . 11/14/2020
I can understood you. The version you did about Mr. Granger was lovelly and warm.
LH75 chapter 9 . 6/23/2020
I don't know if you are still reading reviews from this, but thanks.
RoryKat chapter 17 . 5/8/2020
I loved hearing more about Gideon and Fabian!
RoryKat chapter 16 . 5/8/2020
"He knew he was about as clairvoyant as the chair under his bum..." I beg to differ, Ron, especially after the dreams predicting Richard's death and Angus' conception. I'm definitely worried about Ron ending up in the Janus Thickey Ward wirh Lockhart and Neville's parents now. Personally, I think Ron could be a Seer (there's an awesome theory about it that references the tea leaves and other predictions he's made for Trelawney's class).
Rebel Goddess chapter 8 . 11/27/2019
You know, it's taken me reading most of your stuff twice to realise that Ron's dreams are definitely prophetic and I need to pay more attention. Excellent depiction of the pain they are going through and beautifully written story. Now I'm worried about the one with Hugo...
bluesm chapter 21 . 10/19/2019
This was amazing! I laughed and cried and loved my favorite characters. Excuse me while I go listen to John Denver.
mysuvone chapter 21 . 5/26/2019
Love it
Maria chapter 21 . 1/2/2019
What an absolutely lovely and charming story!
Maria chapter 10 . 1/2/2019
That little detail about Ron going to take care of the roses just broke my heart! You depict grief so beautifully.
Mariagoner chapter 3 . 1/2/2019
I just absolutely love this story... it's so damn REAL and poignant to see these two loving and struggling, even after the great convulsions of the war. Lovely work!
Guest chapter 21 . 12/7/2018
Loved it!
Seruphenthalys chapter 14 . 2/9/2017
Just a quick note, Hermione states here that "And for once in my life, Dad, books have failed me." Maybe I'm not the only one to notice, but during their first year, books failed to teach her how to fly as well. Just that. Well written story

cheers
HEEYYYY chapter 10 . 1/16/2017
i cried during the scene between ron and george
Bluewolf80 chapter 21 . 10/2/2016
You are a very skilled writer and I'm enjoying reading through all your work. I'm going in the order you recommended but things still seem disjointed and to overlap or skip time then go back.

As much as I like your actual writing skills, I find that I couldn't enjoy this piece as much because I don't like the Ron/Hermione pairing. You have written it very well, I admit. I just don't think that type of relasonship would ever last in real life and JKR was crazy to put them together. Constant bickering is not a sign of healthy marriage. Hermione being a total bitch during her pregnancy didn't help matters.

You did a good job describing describing pregnancy and childbirth... for some people. Both Ginny and Hermione's pregnancy's were pretty much the same. Both went through all the typical "symptoms". Some women don't have cravings though or have their ankles swell. I didn't with either one of mine. Why didn't either mum have a baby shower? Do witches not have them?

The only other negative aspect to this is that you have a tendency to leave a lot of important things unsolved at the end. I do realize that it might be resolved in the next story but other readers might not know that and look them up. If this was the first fic that a reader had read, they would be confused. Not just because of all the names but you never put any ANs at the end saying where to head to next. Which would be very helpful!

M