Reviews for Burning Down the House
EmMcD Black chapter 12 . 8/25/2009
Every time I read a chapter of one of your stories, I cry. (Not because they're bad!) This is a compliment.
dragongirlG chapter 21 . 8/18/2009
Beautiful! I'm continually amazed by how well you understand the characters, especially Ron and Hermione - they're absolutely perfect here with their insecurities, Hermione's overachieving ambition, Ron's temper (even matured) - wow. And I'm also amazed by how well you understand pregnancy and childbirth, and first-time parenthood and adulthood...wow. I love this.
Mostly Inactive chapter 21 . 8/4/2009
Another excellent story. Shame we didn't find out what who I assume was Rita Skeeter was up to or where the threats were going, but I guess this particular story isn't about that.
Accountclosed45 chapter 21 . 7/20/2009
I just love this story! And I love the chapter Title "Hurt So Good" Lol! Awesome. The ending was very sweet! Best wishes and good job! xD
wrappedinharry chapter 21 . 7/14/2009
I wonder if any of the weasley wives ever had a placid pregnancy. I does happen you know.

Still, this was very entertaining, even if little Rose was a double breech...just like her dad.

I do love the way you coordinate your stories so very well. Do I remember correctly that Harry and Ginny forgot James in their mad rush to get to St Mungo's. That wasn't alluded to here. Or did that happen on another occassion?

Lesley~
wrappedinharry chapter 20 . 7/14/2009
You know, i think it is just as well for Ron's sanity that Hermione only had two kids. I don't know what she was like when she was pregnant with Hugo, but if she was the same as this,sRon might have wanted a divorce. And yes, I know she might have had more if she hadn't had to have an emergency hysterectomy after Hugo.

I always thought when it became obvious that they would end up together that she would find it difficult not to continually throw the fact that she was the one with the brains in his face.

But for an intelligent woman, she can be pretty dense; burning those letters and acting as if they were nothing. She spent a lot of time at Hogwarts dismissing Harry's theories when they usually turned out to be right. She always has to be right.

I do like Haermione, but at times, she annoyed me intensely in canon.

Sorry...another rant.
wrappedinharry chapter 17 . 7/14/2009
The room sounds beautiful. And the cradle also. I am glad Ron spoke to Harry about his horrible dream.
ObsessedRHShipper chapter 21 . 7/12/2009
I like the story and your characterizations of Ron and Hermione and their relationships with each other and their families/in-laws.

I did feel like the story with someone threatening them and also the portion where Hermione wonders whether Ron missed out on being an auror was not concluded in any way.

Thanks for sharing the story.
wrappedinharry chapter 13 . 7/10/2009
As a midwife, I know it is perfectly normal for pregnant women to have strange food cravings. But having had five children myself and nursed innumerable pregnant ladies, I have to say it is the exception rather than the rule. Oh, sure, most get cravings, but it is for a particular food rather than the nauseating combinations you have Hermione and Ginny eating. I, unfortunately craved a particular kind of chocolate. Not good for the weight. Still, it makes for entertaining reading...anything that makes Ron turn green makes for entertaining reading.

Pica is the term, and true pica is a craving to eat something that is not even classified as food, eg, dirt, coal, tissues. It, obviously, is even more rare.

Here endith the lesson...sorry. Still, I enjoyed the chapter immensely.

Oh, and I take it that was the redoubtable Rita sakeeter lurking around the corner...a prequel to what we have already seen happen in (I think) Making Mistakes.

Lesley~
wrappedinharry chapter 9 . 7/9/2009
A very moving chapter and a beautiful analogy, comparing the way you felt writing it with how JK must have felt killing Sirius and Remus.

I am so glad Hermione didn't push Ron away. Ron's grief was just as moving as Hermione's. And I have a feeling that Rose might have just been conceived this day. And I just realised the significance of Ron and Hermione's first child's name in your universe. Beautiful.
wrappedinharry chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
Seven months isn't a long time in the greater scheme of things, but Hermione is a perfectionist and definitely sees this as a failure, as well as fearing that Ron will reject her.

I loved Ron's explosion to George and Hermione's talk with Ginny. Very real. Ron was so lovely when she got home.

I was checking out the list of Weasley/Potter offspring list you sent me to find out how long after James, Rose was born. Did you know that you had given Lily, Daniel Radcliffe's birthday...23rd July?
TheNewestVampire chapter 9 . 6/15/2009
This chapter made me cry, because it made me think of my grandparents, both of them 85 years old... It was very touching, and it just proves that you can write anything amazingly well...
HuffleBadger28 chapter 21 . 4/26/2009
Excellent story! I love all the detail into the characters like Ron's love for Johnny Cash and U2, plus Law and Order. And Harry's love for musicals. It makes me smile )

Fantastic work!
Tallemera Rane chapter 11 . 3/31/2009
Haha..Ron and Hermione WOULD fight over how to tell everyone they're pregnant...:P Lovely writing!
rainbows light up the sky chapter 3 . 3/17/2009