Reviews for Burning Down the House
wrappedinharry chapter 8 . 8/15/2014
Having read this story many times does not make it any easier reading about Richard's passing. You have described Jane and Hermione's shock and disbelief perfectly, as well as Ron's prescient dreams and feelings and his hopelessness in the face of Hermione's distress.

As with all your work, this story is brilliant. You have captured Ron and Hermione perfectly. Ron has matured so much; I think his load is the hardest to bear because, Richard's death notwithstanding, I think Hermione is much more high maintenance than Ron. She is still way too surprised when Ron shows foresight and common sense. And she is also inclined to shut him out. When she should be leaning on him. I think this is partly due to the fact that she thinks that, emotionally as well as intellectually, she should be able to cope alone and doesn't need any help. Shame really, because all Ron wants is to be there anyway he can for his wife.

Lesley
wrappedinharry chapter 2 . 8/14/2014
Poor Ron and Hermione. The cleverest witch in her year can't fix this with her towering intellect. Her cycle must be if she knew that that day was the day her hopes would be shot down in flames if she had not conceived. Both hers and Ron's disappointment was perfectly portrayed. Even their transition from loving support to bitter argument.

They obviously can't see just how much each loves the other because each is putting the blame squarely on his/her own shoulders and not lashing out and blaming the other for their failure to conceive.

Loved Ron's diatribe to George at the shop, and am so glad George didn't try to turn it into a joke.

Great work as usual.

Lesley
euroteres chapter 10 . 5/20/2014
I KNEW IT! From the first moment you mentioned her feeling off. One hell of a way for it to have happened considering when it probably got started.
Guest chapter 21 . 4/18/2014
Are Ron and Hermione supposed to be married in this story? Because they don't act like it. They act like they're having a child out of wedlock, like they're just 2 friends who decided to have a kid on a whim.

They never say that they love each other. They never have any intimate moments. Neither one seems very happy. Everything they do seems like a chore.

Maybe they should have just stayed friends. They don't seem very well suited for each other.
Guest chapter 7 . 4/17/2014
Nice of Hermione to not even wish her husband happy birthday on his birthday. What a great wife she is.
Guest chapter 21 . 4/17/2014
Hermione is a bitch in this story. Pregnant or not, the way she treats Ron is awful.
Da Zhang chapter 3 . 1/25/2014
By the way, just so you know, no Manchester United fan will ever call it Man U. They will always say Manchester United, Man Utd (pronounced United) or just United.
Insane Days and Evil Laughs chapter 21 . 8/9/2013
You know with all that build up I'm sure we all expected for something to happen with the letters. Still, touching story.
irishbrat1966 chapter 13 . 7/30/2013
Hi! I hope you know how much I love all of your stories as I've posted a few times and have read ALL of them at least three times. I did, however, notice something in this one that needs a minor correction:
Quote in this chapter: " Kreacher was gone now, too. He had died six months after Harry had married Ginny."

I could have sworn that Kreacher died during Ginny's last year in school while she was in the hospital wing,in your wonderful story, "The FIrst Year' I know how much work you put into your stories, but I just wanted to ask about this. I know you've made corrections before, so I thought you'd like to know about this one :)

And I am on pins and needles waiting for your next chapter of 'Questions and Answers'
Ikurus chapter 21 . 7/2/2013
Thank you for another wonderful story.
tessa h collins chapter 14 . 5/28/2013
Your writing is wonderful. I have been reading your stories for a while and I just cant ever put them down. Your voice is so clearly defined and you write the characters wonderfully and honestly. I get chills reading these stories from how good and suspenseful or joyful they are. Please never stop writing. You are an incredible author. It is such a joy to read these stories. Thank you!
daleyllewey chapter 21 . 4/13/2013
As soon as I got to Hermione & Jane singing I started bawling like a baby. And didn't stop! So well written. I love your work!
GreenEggsAndFun chapter 12 . 3/6/2013
Oh god, the Dad Club I laughed way more than necessairy on that one. Good job for thinking up that one!
Evy Noronha chapter 9 . 3/3/2013
Hi, little0bird!

I'm brazilian, and I'd started reading your stories when Serena Bluemoon translated them. And I'm soooo in love your writing, you're so good!

Serena is translating this one but she is in the third chapter yet and I couldn't wait to read all the story!

I'm loving, and oh my... this chapter is sooo sad.

Congrats!

Evy.
Guest chapter 21 . 2/14/2013
Thanks for sharing this story with us. Each one of your stories is a little treasure.
643 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »