Reviews for Erik Who?
Passed Over chapter 61 . 2/10/2009
I enjoyed your last chapter but was giving myself time to get use to the Ryan thing. I guess I am just going to have to accept it, even though I don't buy it. Ok I am over it now.

I loved this chapter, can't wait to see where you are going with Ricardo, oh will the Phantom ever change ( I hope not).
gray seal chapter 61 . 2/10/2009
Yay! Congrats, Meg!

This is good. Getting to know one other again is a good thing. At least they're being honest. I'll say nothing about Ryan, except that I've climbed on the fence, and it's up to you whether or not to push me off again. Preferably push me off the fence in his favor? For now, I'm neutral. I like him, but I don't hate him. He still hasn't proven himself, yet. Update, soon!
Dramatick chapter 60 . 2/5/2009
This story is amazing! Meg's really come into her own since she last saw Ryan, and you can definitely tell she's a pop star (diva attitude much?)! Ryan is so chipper, it just makes me smile and wonder if he's just naturally SUPER-HAPPY or just a little naive (haha). Meg's the devil's advocate, messing with Ryan like this... but I love it!

Keep up the amazing story-telling, I can't wait for chapter 61!

Cheers!

PS: Thanks for the cookies; they were virtually delicious!
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 60 . 2/4/2009
well! that sounds like things are actually going well for Meg for the first time in...i don't know how long! i'm wondering if Ryan IS going to stay with her this time...well, PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
Timeflies chapter 60 . 2/4/2009
You haven't disappointed us yet, not to me anyway. This rings of One More Kiss in a way. Sam felt he had to be with his lost love as she died, sacrificing his wife in the process. That was what Ryan had done with Meg, he sacrificed her for his former wife. Christine's call left her empty with no one to talk to and a bit jealous they were going to London. Meg seems to have a hard time focusing on one thing at a time lately. Ryan has shaken her resolve. Her flitting is not working out well, Ryan has not been thrown like she hoped he would be. He will keep trying no matter what she throws at him and he's evens said so. More please.
gray seal chapter 60 . 2/3/2009
Aw, seriously? He needs a little bit more punishment than that! Honestly! Still...good chapter. I mean, I still don't like the fact that Ryan's back, but nevertheless, it's gripping. I mean, every story has to have something the readers don't like. It can't be all fuzzy-happy-lovey-dovey-let's-get-married kind of stuff. I can't wait to know what happens next!
Dramatick chapter 59 . 2/2/2009
This story is really fantastic; I started it last weekend, and I haven't been able to stop! (That has really been an issue with my professors in class-oops!) All of the subtle, foreshadowing details you put in are incredible!

OTHER PHAN PHICS

Christine: I love you, Erik!

Erik: I love you, Christine!

C/E: Let's get married, our lives will be perfect, and we'll live happily ever after!

YOUR PHAN PHIC

REAL LIFE

It's wonderfully refreshing! Keep up the fantastic Fic-ing!

Cheers,

Dramatick
Dramatick chapter 59 . 2/2/2009

OTHER PHAN PHICS

Christine: I love you, Erik!

Erik: I love you, Christine!

YOUR PHAN PHIC

REAL LIFE

It's wonderfully refreshing! Keep up the fantastic Fic-ing!

Cheers,

Dramatick
Consulting Timelady chapter 2 . 2/2/2009
Wow, I love this story so far!

Hehehe... I love how Nadir suggested Butler. That made me giggle...

Anyway, reading on!
Mominator chapter 59 . 1/28/2009
You know, if I were Meg, I'd at least smack David for calling me "Meggie." :D (Same as Ryan can't call her Marguerite.)

This was an unexpected turnabout. I still think he had his chance and muffed it, though.

Guess we'll see, eh?

Barb
BleedingHeartConservative chapter 59 . 1/28/2009
I am SO frustrated! You are simply KILLING me!

:dies:
IamthePhantomoftheOpera chapter 59 . 1/28/2009
it's a small world, huh? :) well, AMAZING as always and PLEASE UPDATE SOON!
zeeksmom chapter 59 . 1/28/2009
Hm... several thoughts have occurred to me while reading these last few chapters (I went back and went over some of them) and I'm sure you're going to be upset with my comments. Just call me the Devil's Advocate and remember I'm critiquing the story, not you. :D

My main question/complaint: who is this Meg person and what the heck does she want? At the moment, she seems like a talented but clueless child who falls in love in a moment, lets whatever man is available use her like Kleenex, and then finds herself dumped yet again. Erik, then Ryan, then David, now Ryan again; why does she feel it's imperative that she have a man in her life?

I'm not sure you can do it here, considering the work you've already put into the story, but maybe at some time you'd think about developing a female character who isn't a doormat for men and/or apparently driven entirely by her hormones. (Please remember that this is the opinion I hold of Meg now, but you probably don't agree and I'm sure you don't see her that way. I'm looking back over the development of the character as a whole, and find that I'm dissatisifed with the way she's turning out.)

By "driven by her hormones" I mean that Meg seems to have no control of her emotions whatsoever, and yet science tells us that it IS possible to control how we feel if we can learn to control what we think. It's not easy, but it can be done.

I think Meg needs to clarify who she is and what she really wants before she has a hope of sustaining a lasting relationship. We all do it; look at some gorgeous guy and start the fantasies. But she's getting hurt repeatedly, or at least it seems like she's hurting, but then she turns right around and does it again. It makes her seem very shallow IMO.

But that's just my opinion. I'm wondering if she has *ever* sat down and asked herself why it's so enormously important that she be involved with someone. Why doesn't she put that energy on her career, get it into high gear and sustainable (one hit album does not a career make), figure out who she is and THEN try and find someone who will complement her.

Right now she's just being batted around from man to man and it's not a very flattering portrait of her. My two cents anyway.

I also wondered if any of the inspiration for Ryan's reappearance came from one of Gerry's early films, "One Last Kiss." I haven't seen it, but the gist of it is that a woman who dumped Butler's character comes crashing back into his life after she's diagnosed with terminal cancer. She wants to spend her last months with him, which she does-wrecking his marriage in the process. While our first instinct may be to say, "She's dying, she needs support," reviews have almost universally condemned her as selfish, unthinking and reckless. That's sort of how I feel about Ryan-he dumped Meg, then his wife died so now he's back to reclaim her. Why? Because she's easy?

See, now you've got me lecturing you and I didn't mean to do that. The story has obviously gotten me intrigued and I see numerous possibilities and complications that may not have occurred to you. Please feel free to ignore all of this rant, but I wanted to share it because it might be a new slant on things. Whether that's valuable or not is up to you.

Take care,

Zeeksmom
gray seal chapter 59 . 1/28/2009
I'm glad she's putting up a fight, at least. If she had welcomed him back with open arms, then she's learned nothing about love. If Ryan can survive the wrath of Meg, then I'd be happy to see them back together eventually. So far, he's doing a pretty good job :) Question, though. What are his motives for doing this? Loneliness? Or did he really like her more than he did Joanna, and he just got mixed up with his former feelings? I have a feeling that if Joanna never got in the picture, Ryan would have proposed to Meg, and she would have never gotten all this heartache. What happens now?
Timeflies chapter 59 . 1/28/2009
No matter what her personal feelings are, she can't deny her heart. One's heart can control so much that it can be maddening. She is being childish and if she would looks at everything and thinks, she would have done the same thing Ryan had done and gone back to a dying first love. It would have been different if they had been married, but they hadn't been. Like "One More Kiss" without the marriage already in place.. But since she had to have him there, then she would make it hard on him to keep up. More please.
407 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »