Reviews for It's Better
Guest chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
I love the story! It's sad that ash couldn't have noticed his feelings for misty until now but it was still good. I agree about the Tracy hitting on misty while he was the one of the people who supported pokeshipping. I love your writing! Keep it up. 3
Cone chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
you should really think of doing a sequel to this, it is so sad and great. you should make somehow ash and misty to be together again.

well done! :)
Myst-fan chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
Cool want a sequel
Asgardian750 chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
Well this is super angsty, I think you should continue it. Maybe Tracey sees Misty is not as happy she is with him. She should be with Ash.

But otherwise its well written. Your right Tracey himself supports Pokeshipping so he's OC off screen here. Plus there are very little hints to Orangeshipping and there's a lot of Handymanshipping.
sykilik101 chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
Aw...wait, did I just saw aw? Guys don't saw aw! It's so...girly! XP LOL

Okay, so maybe just this once.

AW!

XD

Seriously, I LOVED this fic. Even though I'm a Pokeshipper, I like this fic, despite being an angsty fic. Then again, I like to explore all the areas of Ash and Misty's possible relationship: the ups, the downs, and the in-betweens. I especially like how you went so deep into how bad Ash felt. I'd normally say to the author that I hate them for doing such a thing, but in this case, I damn well like it! I wanna read it again, but it makes me sad to read it! Oh, the agony! V_V

Something about the fic definitely is appealing to me. I'm not sure. I definitely liked the intro, and how you set up the entire fic. I could especially feel the emotion when Misty picked up the phone to be greeted by Ash. The conversation they had was full of sadness and emotion, and Ash's reaction when he found out that Misty and Tracey were dating was priceless, in an awe-inspiring way. It was sad, yet powerful. I almost cried reading Ash's feelings when he was rejected. So much goodness in this fic.

I really hope you continue to write. I love your stories so much! D

Writing: A Passion of the Soul
Hakajin chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Ok, so I read this last night, and I've been thinking about it.

First of all, I like the motif you used about what "they say" and the old sayings that occur throughout the fic. Nice setup. I also like how this sorta occurs in the present tense, how you describe what Ash is thinking as the thoughts occur to him. And it's just like him to think that it was a joke. Nice way to have it occur to him that he actually might like Misty. And I also like the way he realizes that it was over before it even started. That was interesting. This is a pretty realistic fic. I mean, I'm certainly not big on Orangeshipping, but in real life, people move on. Don't know about Misty really though, because of "Misty Meets Her Match"... but this is a fic, so that doesn't really matter. I didn't think it was angsty. I mean, of course Ash'd be upset, that's not angst. I thought he was pretty positive about it, actually, especially the part about hoping to be a better person afterward.

But there were a couple of things that bothered me. The first one is: If Misty doesn't know that Ash likes her that way, why would she keep her relationship with Tracey a secret to avoid conflict? I mean, if she doesn't know, she shouldn't expect a conflict in the first place. It seemed to me that she had a problem telling Ash, like that was the last part of letting him go, or something. The other thing was: I don't think Ash would come right out and ask Misty why she didn't choose him. It seems to me that he'd be hurt and kick himself for not asking her out himself, but he'd pretend to be happy for her.

That's pretty much it though. Liked it overall. Keep it up!
FutureAJ chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
You know I agree with everything you said. I don't support Orangeshipping(like you don't either) at all but, this is something that could happen to Ash if the writers don't make him realise what he has before it's gone. Misty could be gone. Hopefully, this dosen't happen in the story. Nice one-shot though.

This is Future AJ

Peace Out
Bittersweet Romanticide chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Heh, Ash angst. Those are always interesting to read. I feel bad for him though. Him and Misty both were pretty bad off for that. Well, that's what happen if you never take a chance. Feelings change. -sighs- Terribly sad. Very good story though, good writting!
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
One word: AMAZING!

I'll admit it, this is the first 'Ash loves Misty' thing that I've read, as I'm much more of a Gymshipper than a Pokeshipper. But hell, am I glad I did click on this! The grammer was very good, and there were only a couple of typies here and there. I liked how you quoted love at intervals during the course of the fic - I believe that this was very effective.

Keep up the good work!

*Favourited*
blueMnM415 chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Lol, ash angst P! It was sad, but good, i liked it! Eww, orangeshipping, it makes me twitch... but yeah, i see why it worked. Sweet, Good job!
Silverflare07 chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
I'm a shocked speechless.

This is awesome, my heart goes out to poor Ash. Can't say he didn't have it coming for being so dense, but my heart truly does go out to him in this fic. Simply awesome job. I love the way you made the cliches? quotes? -whatever- part of the story, it flowed well and really helped to tie everything together.

I love how it suddenly hits Ash. Like, you hinted at him maybe I've some subconscous inkling of how he felt, kinda, sorta, maybe but it didn't really come together until *BAM* Misty told him about her relationship. That fits Ash's personailty, that clueless-ness that we so love about him.

I can't believe you wrote a fic with Orangeshipping. I know you've written angsty fics before, but I still can't get over the shock that you wrote something that didn't turn into pokeshipping. I liked it though, I really did.

I also liked that you picked Tracey to be the one she got with. He doesn't get nearly enough love.

Keep up the awesome work, baby! I love it.
chipmunkwashere chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Yeah, I liked it. Your writing's good, got the grammar down nicely, nothing too complex about the diction or style. Although I've never seen this ". . . !" used as frequently in one story, I've rarely ever seen it used actually but I took it to be the exact same thing as putting the "!" right away? It's certainly a unique touch from what I've seen.

Hm, the story was plausible, I don't think you'd have to worry about the characters going OOC; they were still believable to me, perhaps with the exception of Tracy for the reasons you mentioned at the end, but, with Ash out of the picture, circumstances can change, anything could happen, Tracy could become a player, you never know. TracyxMisty, not one of my favourite pairings, it did work for the purpose of this story though, the ultimate punishment for Ash's procrastination! He's not the only one hurting at the prospect of those two being together! D:

I like the matureness of Ash in this fic, questioning things, challenging ideals, definitely more interesting to read than an Ash who's only obsession is with pokemon battles. While the outcome for Ash is sad, it's kinda hard for me to feel sorry for him, after all, it's not like Misty gave him no chance to air his feelings towards her. Granted, he may have been young, and didn't understand his own emotions, but to say he never had a chance with Misty would be a lie! I don't know how long he was expecting her to wait for him. I respect her decision to move on (even if I don't approve of her choice in guys!).

I'd say you succeeded with the message you wanted to get across with this story and the mood you wanted to set. It was a little bit of a long read though, and I think you could've reduced it a bit without sacrificing much of the plot. It was rather easy and predictable to see where the story was going from the moment Ash acted on his suspicions and called Misty again. I could pretty much already vision the end of the story at that point. XD I stuck through it, if for nothing else, to confirm my prediction. Glad I did, it was a good read. ;) Very emotional, keep it up!

And write some more in the future