Reviews for A Thousand Snows
EthelBertie chapter 1 . 5/22/2010
This review may be, well, two years after the story is written but I still wish to offer you compliments.

First, Sain/Fiora. Two years on and cyberspace is (unfortunately) still short on them.

The main thing I like about the story is the mood change...the shift is so gradual, I did not believe that Sain could or would die. The shock is there and afterwards, everything felt icy. So mood is a YES.

I suppose it is a given that I'm very very very fond of this story.

Heres to hoping you might write more Fire Emblem of the Sain/Fiora inclination.
IVIaedhros chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Beautiful in a sad, mournful way that is very much appropriate for Fiora. It is sad to think one such as Sain chained so close to his lady love and yet never really attaining her...but he seemed happy, in the end. Thanks for the read.
piratelore chapter 1 . 9/5/2008
I really enjoyed reading this fic. I particularly liked how you often made suggestions of romance between them, but never actually went into anything deeper. Besides the character death, it gave the story a rather bittersweet ending.
RandomTopic chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
Gah... ... that is so sad. That last black letter... must've contained news of Farina's death, huh?

Poor Fiora... poor Sain, too.
Xirysa chapter 1 . 7/19/2008
Gadgadfkghfdjkghfd. Why can't there be more SainFiora in this wonderful world? Simply amazing. Beautiful isn't good enough to describe this... I'll let you know when I think of a better word...

[But Lady Luck was a jealous woman, and now she had betrayed him at last.]

[But now the cold had taken him too, he who had never belonged to the cold.]

[She would bury him with her own hands, deep beneath the frozen Ilian soil, and welcome him home.]

[" - Thank you," he said, and somewhere in her heart she knew that it was not what he had meant to say.]

My absolute favorite lines. Ever. What can I say? I'm a sucker for angsty romance!

Maybe you could write a sequel of Sain's emotions during this twenty (or sixteen, depending on how you look at it) year time gap between the two games.

As for critiquing... Nothing I could say could make this any better than what it already is. Nothing at all. I love the way you portrayed them and their interactions and... Gaah everything.

Just... Amazing overall. You've got me near tears. That's saying something, considering that I'm such a heartless shrew in real life. XD

Wonderful job.

1472278 chapter 1 . 4/1/2008
Sniffle, beautiful...this is probably the only fic that would make me want to cry for Sain, in a good way...poor Fiora...poor Sain...finally found his home...ah, amazing job, sniff...
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Indeed. Humorous this was, then it became very, very tragic.

Excellent work...
Anonymous chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
That was beautiful. No criticisms. Just beautiful.
AquaAdept chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Beautful. No other words.

Fanfics like these ALWAYS get me in the end. No change here; I was almost in tears. The way you dealt with the progessing timespan was great, even though there's something immensely sad about seeing their relationship grow ever so slowly, then Sain dying at the last moment, protecting her.

" - Thank you," he said, and somewhere in her heart she knew that it was not what he had meant to say."

That expresses Sain prefectly. He just can't bring himself to propose before they are all killed.

I feel privaleged to have read this. THANK YOU!

*dabs at eyes*
JonWain098 chapter 1 . 1/15/2008

I'm new to reviewing, so sorry if I'm not giving much criticism :)

I really liked your story. Maybe I'm just a sucker for stories that involve Sain in a big way at all because I associate my personality with his, but at the very least I can compliment you on holding my attention through the whole story. I was very intruiged by the way you showed the audience how they had feelings for each other without ever having them come out and say it. I really like it when authors can detail a characters emotions without straight up telling the reader.

Thanks for writing such a captivating story! :D
Kitten Kisses chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Hurrah! I remember you talking about this one. I'm really glad to see it...

Anyway, even Farina/Kent is more exciting than Fiora/Kent. I love Fiora's interaction with Sain, anyway, and I'm surprised that more people don't ship them.

[he had left and come north forher.]

The italics left those two words smashed together...but fear not, it's FFN's fault.

I'm not even halfway through, and there are so many things I want to say about this that I can't even fit it all into this review box. Let me sum it up by saying this: I've already clicked the "Add to favorite story list" box. an amazing piece of writing. I love how you write Sain- so very funny. we're seeing it from Fiora's side of things, we see a lot more than just him. We see her sisters, the way she reminisces of days long gone, and we see that she finds herself at a crossroads many a time. I feel rather sorry for her, personally...

The scene with her pacing the camp and being afraid of Sain- not him, really, the fact that he looked like a completely different man when he slept, was amazing. Brilliant, really. I can really picture her thinking he was handsome, and becoming afraid and unsure of her feelings because she was thinking it.

And as you say, Sain is in love with the idea of being in love... It seems, however, that Fiora- not knowing anything of burning passions and undying love- has a better grasp on things, when she feels a kind of tender protectiveness towards him that she thought was reserved for her sisters... That sounds like love to me.

And I really like that you pulled her away and made her lie to him- "You were snoring", my goodness. It would seem like him, though, to blush at awakening to see her there. He may be able to spout off all kinds of babble, but when it really comes down to it, nobody returns his remarks, or acts as if they like him... I think after so many years of it, he would be quite shocked to find Fiora of all people...standing right there, acting as if she cared.

Sain getting drunk and being a little weird was in character, I think. It sounds like him- especially when he didn't act as if anything had happened the next morning. The way he became upset was done wonderfully, I think, and Fiora's uncertainty concerning it- was he right? Was she right? Was anybody truly right?- was great.

I liked the re-entrance of June and Rod. Two characters who are original, but seem to have just enough impact on the story to make it wonderful. Great work, there.

That was a very sad, but beautiful line, I thought.

Seeing Rod and June get together at the very end I can only imagine that it might have hurt Fiora to see it... Hurt to wonder about it. (And hurt in the end, when it was too late.)

[He had been one of the strongest men she had ever known, despite his looks; more than once she had watched him clear away an entire rockslide with his own hands, for nothing but a single tearful look from a pretty village girl. And every venture he had ever set his mind to had always seemed touched with luck, as if even the gods above would not hinder his way.]

I *LOVED* those lines.

I almost cried. Seriously. I can't believe she did not read the letter...perhaps she could not bear to. Tragic, but still so very beautiful...

Wow. I have to say, I think that this is by far the most impressive thing I have ever read by you. Please, keep up the wonderful work and continue to write. People like me can only hope to write as well as you do.

themagebear chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
every story about sain seems to end with him dying a gruesome death protecting someone. he never leaves a legacy behind, children, anything. its kind of depressing. excellent story, though.
silentsentinel chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
I must say, that was one of the best Sain x Fiora stories I've read in a long while. I can't find anything to criticize.