Reviews for For All Intents and Purposes
Luna de Papel chapter 20 . 1/6/2013
I just took the weekend off to read, enjoy and favorite your lovely story!
elemout chapter 20 . 12/26/2012
I love love love this story. It is so perfect and well-written. I really enjoyed how Hermione and Severus were united in this and how the time travel subtly altered the future when she went back each time. I also loved how Severus had to really mean it otherwise the starglass resulted in zombie Lily. Oh, and so nice how Draco was redeemed and the explanation for why he became such a brat (raised by a house elf basically who is beholden to catering to his whims) made a lot of sense.
Lupin's inclusion and friendship with Severus was also well done. Brilliant writing that is quick and imaginative.
takeawaymyimagination chapter 20 . 11/3/2012
Couldn't agree more with your ending. I especially like the Madam and of course her cats :) keep writing. This is an awesome one!
Hermitt chapter 20 . 10/15/2012
This was absolutely one of the best fanfictions I have read! So beautifully written and the angst woven in...! Ah! It had me so enthralled I read it in two sittings. It would have been the one but unfortunately I did need sleep. But I have stayed up and am expecting only probably three-four hours sleep now because I wanted to finish this so badly - in the best way possible.
It - is so - worth it.
I really, really loved this story. The relationship was so skilfully written! Usually I see one of these fics and they either fall in love straight away or they know each other for a while but then are suddenly in love and I'm left reeling because I don't understand how they got there. Not only was this so incredibly developed I ache to write something as good, but it was so realistic, as well. I really love reading that, those realistic relationships, I mean. (Don't get me wrong, a quick romp is fine, but I love substance in my stories, too.)
Again, this was absolutely beautiful and one of my favourite stories to date. You have an amazing talent writing and now all I call feel are my Severus feels coming back to invade my mind. A welcome invasion, but still ;)
So, fantastic story, so phenomenally done, and the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Take care,

Hermitt
muumi2three chapter 20 . 10/5/2012
This is one of the best fanfics of any type (not just best time-travel) that I have ever read. I love many things about it - the plot of course, with the subtle (at the beginning) and not so subtle changes to the timeline and the twist at the end - but also minor, delightful details like Severus's search for Heidi in which "errant" tracking spells lead him to a Muggle neighbourhood. Thank you!
jess.sree chapter 20 . 6/9/2012
I love it!

It was honestly real refreshing timetravel fic. Usually a character would go back in time to either Tom Riddle's year at school or the marauder's years. So I was pleasantly surprised that you didn't go for that in this story.

Two chapters back, I had thought that this would be a tragic love story with no happy ending, but alas it turns out to be one.

About the whole Lily obsession: the Sonny Lily was... not expected. I thought Sev would use the starglass to go back in time or something along those lines... not attempt at necromancy. It was successfully creepy however. :]

I really enjoyed myself reading this. Thank you for the wonderful read!
TheWhisperingFish1995 chapter 17 . 4/30/2012
i just thought i would write this to you before i forgot. two things;

this story is amazing i just love everything about it!

and

2. how could you end a chapter like that!, i'm glad i'm reading the story now becuase i could not have waited if you hadn't uploaded the next chapter.

Anyway, amazing story. love it to bits. :)
Sherbetsticks chapter 20 . 3/23/2012
that was amazing it ended up completely different than what I expected :D brilliant fic well done
Montara chapter 20 . 2/8/2012
Loved it! What a great story! Poor Severus, she was in pain for only a couple of months but he had to suffer for years! I'm so glad they end up together.

Thank you!
Severus Snape's Beloved chapter 20 . 1/29/2012
I have greatly enjoyed this story, for a multitude of reasons.

Fistly, you realized that going back into the past can truely change the future. This aspect of your story is so perfectly logical, and is absent in many time travelling fanfiction stories. I applaud you for recognizing its neccesity, and for accomodating it in such a perfect way. It made the story seem so much more realistic.

Secondly, I love the ending. Your last A/N sums up much of what I could say.

Also, I really loved how it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns. Real life has its challenges. And resolving things with Lily was one of the things that had to be done. The way you did it was, for a lack of better words, original. I am glad that it ended the way it did.

I can't help but be reminded of a movie called the Butterfly Effect, in which similar concepts (regarding time) are employed. You seem to like your sci-fi, so you might like it.

-SSB
Pinocchio's J.C chapter 9 . 9/3/2011
Baby Draco! I always loved that rotten little bastard, even in the first book. I have very strong maternal instincts, so I probably wouldn't be able to hold his future self against him, either.
Pinocchio's J.C chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I thought so! Every few paragraphs I'd get the feeling that I'd read something quite similar before, but I wasn't sure if it was on purpose or not. What an interesting combination!
Lanie Kay-Aleese chapter 20 . 7/29/2011
One of the rare times I've been moved enough to review -

Your story really hit the spot for me, and what did it was the plot. You are so adept at turning an original story, driving it in all the right ways, working in incidents, conversations, and characters with practiced ease. You applied just the right amount of twists to maintain interest without being unreasonable. Again, everything tied together so neatly. Your readers certainly noticed.

You also were very successful at creating full characters in very small spaces. I was able to sympathize with Draco even with his very brief entrance at the end of the story, especially after seeing him as a baby and having seen his father... I was hooked on your writing from the time that we met Madame in chapter two. It's not the most flowery of writing, but like it says, it does something. This story was powerful in the way that it feels a little real, and at the same time, a little more fantastic, a little bit more inspiring.

I have rarely said this to fanfiction writers, but I hope that you publish your own work some day. I feel confident that I could get just as lost in a story of your own protagonists and environs as I have been in this story - and inspired by them, too.

Best of luck in all things,

Lanie
CalliopeMused chapter 20 . 7/21/2011
This is quite possibly the neatest bit of time travel ever. The past ALWAYS changes the future, and in dizzying ways, and the past and future get so linked and muddled around that the Deus Ex Machina right in the middle of your story is just plain amazing instead of ever being used as a copout. Lily's resurrection was brilliant (so says a visual-imagination sci-fi movie buff with NO tolerance for shoddy effects/descriptions or medical inaccuracies- it makes me impossible but rather charming), the Patronus with the after-images of Lily were just something else, Young Lupin the utterly charmed had an amazing run of it, and really the two characters are perfect here. They're generally quite outstanding together, Hermione and Severus, given her Save The Day and Respect Authority complexes mixed with his Respect Intelligence and Maneuver Intelligently modes of operation.

This was just the right place to end it- no kids, no marriage, no white picket fence. It's been ages, how have you bed, imminent sex (finally) now that the pair of them have their respective issues cleared out of the way.

This kept me up far later than I'd planned to be awake, but I can't regret that at all. This story hit everything that I want to read in a novel, let alone a fanfic where I already like the characters. "Careful what you wish for," truly linked time travel-effect loops, sci-fi, "seriously guys just don't bring dead people back," strong hints of mad science, and literature references on top of that.
Kimco96 chapter 20 . 5/28/2011