Reviews for The Persistence of Memory
DarkInuyashaangel101 chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
No, no, no, no, no! No "The End"! Keep going, please? You can't just leave it there! *tear/cry/sob*
KyoHana chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
Oh this was TOO perfect... not just the ending but the entire story. You wrote Eiri and is POV flawlessly... so much so that I could actually picture him in my mind's eye throughout the story... I could 'see' his writer's brain working through his thoughts and turning them into a never-to-be-written (and never say never) story.

And I will hope that your idea to write their second meeting doesn't die and that you will do so. I, for one, would love to read it.
scorch66 chapter 3 . 1/27/2008
A wonderful story and I loved how you wrapped up this chapter with Shu jumping in front of Yuki's car and the last line was so *perfect*. I also liked how you showed both dimensions of Yuki's thoughts - his cynical side and his true self. The contrast was fun to read (Yuki really is a walking contadiction, ne?). Fav line: He lets me share in his clean, sweet youth. He has come here to teach me to sing. -This was so poetic and guh...Yuki really does need Shu more than Shu needs him.

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to read a sequel! Especially since their second meeting is one of my favourite scenes in the whole series; I'm positive that you would do it justice. ;)
aoh chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
so cool i love your story - i always wanted to know about that night! v. well written.
noonsam chapter 2 . 1/17/2008
Beautiful! I loved the comparison of Shuichi and the Mockingbird, it would be just like Eiri to compare the two. I especially love how you show that their first encounter was as significant for Eiri as it was for Shuichi-I mean, why else would he put this stranger in his car after nearly hitting him and then take him home? There was more there then just insulting his lyrics. Shu made quite an impression on our Eiri and that fascination just grew and grew.

You get into Eiri's head so well, I can't wait to see what's next!
DarkInuyashaangel101 chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
. Awesome! Can't wait for the next chapter!
scorch66 chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
Absolutely Brilliant. This chapter really made it seem as though Yuki and Shu were destined to be together - two lonely soles meeting on a cold, lonely night...so romantic! Or at least it would have been if Yuki hadn't made Shu cry, but that's what makes Gravitation, Gravitation I guess. )

Loved the description of Shu as a "twenty-four carat moron".Lol.
none111 chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
Of course, another brilliant chapter from the one I've dubbed Queen of Gravi Fanfics! When I was reading this I kept thinking, 'How does she do it?' You always manage to tell the reader exactly what a character is thinking without steeping into the bounds of OOC. Very impressive. I squealed when I saw the TBC :)
KyoHana chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
I'm very glad to see that there is more to come with this story. I like not only Eiri's introspection regarding his past but how he seamlessly applies it to his thoughts regarding his encounter with Shuichi. And of course, I really like how, with his 'writer's brain' he immediately took the meeting and turned it into a novel. BRAVA!
Xedra chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
I'm so glad you're continuing this story. I love how you get inside Yuki's head. The To Kill a Mockingbird reference is a nice one, too. I like how that fit into the story. Can't wait to read the next part!
SexyRyu28 chapter 2 . 1/16/2008
My dear, this a fantastic piece. I could hear Yuki's thoughts in my head as I was reading (don't ask, i'm just strange that way) I love the idea of Yuki and Eiri been thought of as two individuals, 'cuz in a sense they are. Great job. I hope to read more soon.
SerenityFrogLuvr3 chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Oh mon dieu! This was spectacular! Absolutly mind blowing! I never thought about why he was so cold towards Shu that first time they met, but it makes so much sense that it would remind him of Yuki and he wouldn't want to become like him. And I almost melted when he kept calling Shu 'songbird'. I just think that's absolutly precious. Yay, there's an angsty ulterior motive to Eiri's being a bastard! *sniff* I'm so happy
YaoiSongstress07 chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Remarkable. You did an amazing job depicting that first night. I loved your depiction of Eiri, and every single one of his thoughts. A job well done.
Overskill chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Thank you SO much for the dedication, it's so kind of you! (Sorry I disappeared, my health is not what it should be, but all better now).

Another of your masterpieces, I see. I love your style so much, you know? It's exactly what Eiri's style is supposed to be: crystalline and elegant. You never force readers into interpretations, you gently nudge them in the direction you want and enrich them so much more.

As for the look in Eiri's mind, I couldn't agree more. The dichotomy between the boy and the man couldn't have been expressed better. You always make my day.

By the way, my French translation of the manga notes this utterly fascinating fact: the kanji for 'Yuki' in Kitazawa's name is different from the one in Eir's pen name. Kitazawa's means 'hope' and the one in Eiri's means both 'worth' and 'courage'. Neat, aye?

There's just an odd typo I feel compelled to point out, sorry for nitpicking:

"Take my advice and just quite now." should be: "... and QUIT now." :-D

P.S. Am writing! Will post soon. Thanks again. HUGZ
Tsuki-no-namida chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Wooa ! I really liked it ! Please update soon !
40 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »