Reviews for Mute Until You Came Into My Life
countrylovinfangirl chapter 19 . 10/15/2014
amazing!
The Lost Rogue chapter 19 . 8/11/2014
That was so really moved me beyond words and has inspired me greatly.A very pleasant and well written read! :)
thewolf74 chapter 19 . 6/23/2014
This was a wonderful story. I love it.
L.Maurel chapter 3 . 4/3/2014
You may view this as a flame and delete it but my personal opinion is not quite in your favor. The idea for the main plotline is good, it's something new (well, I've not seen something similar before). Nevertheless, it's absolutely borring to read. There's no tension, no suspense. In your story more than two years have already passed and there's no character development. Even if Harry does his own thing and dosn't befriend the other students summarizing a whole year and everything that happens in a few paragraphs is... well, disapointing. You could do a lot better.
Children in a situation as Harry's are usually afraid of any other male adult. You never even described any reaction of him towards situations where he encounters male adults. If you want to make Harry out as someone who is rather inteligent that is fine. He could very well be able to distinguis between his Vincent and others. However that contradicts with the fact that Harry just expects someone to recognize. Petunia lived in the same house for years and didn't pic up on it; the teachers at muggle school didn't either.
If I was you I'd get a Beta-Reader for the whole fanfic, preferably someone you can comunicate with in person, skype, or phone. And then rewrite it with much more detail. What you have now is, in my opinion, a good and solid base for a timeline. But stories cannot live with only that. They live through all of the little extra details: how was his first trip to the wizarding world (diagon ally?), how did he feel when he first saw Hogwars, what house was he in, etc.
Well, should you have read all of this and not deleted the review beforehand... Thanks for allowing some rather harsh critic.
Gleas chapter 19 . 3/5/2014
really brilliant
YetAnotherJanewayFan chapter 6 . 7/26/2013
I just want tostary by saying that this story idea is good. I cannot precede to finish this however. There are a lot of errors in this fic. The story is too narrow and it's hard to follow. The characters are so bloody OOC it's driving me crazy. Severus happens to be my favorite character and every thing I like about him: the attitude, the use of big words that make me both annoyed with him and love him, and most importantly his snark; are gone! Harry has no friends: none, zip, zero and that is what makes Harry Potter: Harry Potter. Remus is a bloody were wolf; if he smelled danger I'm sure he would have walked out of the house calmly with Harry in toe: come on! And Albus, where is his 'grandfather' tendency? Where is the insufferable twinkle? I like the idea of a nice Petunia and a nice Dudley. But a nice Vernon, that made the story so scary! I would have definitely liked it better if Vincent was the 'Real Uncle' and Vernon was the slob; always makes the story more enjoyable. Now, don't get me wrong, I like a bit of OOC! I think it's awesome how some people can play with the characters and still make them believable! This was not bloody believable! This was not a complete distaster; because you had an awesome plot that went with this, but it was close to it. Please consider reading 'When You Touch Me', the story is not mine, so you will have to google it, but is a really good read and one of the best examples of how OOC works with some people who play with their characters. I rec this in hopes that not only will you find a few pointers to help with the story; you may enjoy it as well. :D On that note; if you ever decide to rewrite this please PM me. I would love to give this another go when I'm not utterly and completely annoyed with the character and confused by the way the story presents itself. I also suggest using a beta! There are many people, including me; though I'm no expert by far, that can tidy this for you in a jiffy! I hope all goes well with future writings /works :D
LaverdaHarleyIndian chapter 2 . 5/18/2013
No offense, but your beta kinda sucks. Made up words and lots of spelling errors kind of makes this a dull read. Sorry.
anonymous chapter 3 . 5/10/2013
Your story is interesting but it is REALLY disjointed and hard to keep track of where you are/what year it is/what the heck is going on. I'm really confused. I like the idea but it's just too hard to follow.
SoulCr chapter 11 . 4/10/2013
I'm sorry, I really tried to read and enjoy this story but the grammar is horrible. I'm guessing you and your beta aren't native english speakers. My suggestion would be to find a beta who speaks english and has some grammar skills.
Elle Johnson chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
This is quite good, but it needs a little grammar and spelling clean up. If you want, I could do it for you.
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
It's a promising sign that at least Dudley doesn't know about the abuse, maybe he'll realize that something is wrong and tell a teacher at school so that social services followed by the police will get involved. Remus is indeed correct, something is definitely amis. The scent is strongest in the room because that's where the worst of the abuse took place. I can't see how Petunia hasn't done anything yet. It's to bad that they have their own rooms since if they didn't he'd have probably made more friends...will he have any friends? It's saying something when even Severus wishes that he would act more like James. Loved it.
Emerald Lylythia chapter 19 . 1/9/2013
Great story and I loved it. It was nicely written and interesting. Thank you.
Lunacom chapter 3 . 12/28/2012
I know that molestation and rape is nothing to joke about but I'm reminded of that south park episode about the adventure club. My head is telling me that he is stealing Harry's essence and it's like a drug.
Erudessa-gabrielle chapter 19 . 12/5/2012
THIS WAS AWESOME!
tazztazz chapter 19 . 11/9/2012
hi this is a brillient story and even though you have no sex scene that i can read i find that i still think this story is an amazing one.