Reviews for Reverberation
Julie chapter 1 . 2/6/2010
Beautiful
hopeindarkness chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
omg this..is...perfect! i hope you would add a second chapter or something, though
Tonee Alto chapter 1 . 1/24/2009
Oh my god, i love this! This is much better than what actually happened. Great work!
greengrouch chapter 1 . 11/3/2008
...wow. That was an experience, I must say.

Poor Hatori, I don't think many realize how hard that must be...to be able to erase people's memories, but still have to remember personally. So this must have been deja vu, yes? But your writing made it all the more heart-wrenching. Just brilliant. The ending nearly killed me, though...I just have that tiny spark of hope that it doesn't end drastically.
BlackWingedAssassin chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Aww... Hatori needs to take a break from remembering old scars.
Bista chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Wow... very well written. I really enjoyed it, and the emotion you captured was great! Keep up the great work in other stories .
UpperClassK9 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Actually, i think you're moving away from the proper storyline, no? Hatori treated Yuki in one of the rooms in the... Drats, what's that name again? Inner circle? Inner castle? Well, in one of the rooms where the Soumas of the inner circle lives. (So there. looks stubborn
Mattroska chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Good job, great fic.

I loved!

Kisses
Adi88 chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Oh god. Right after Katia-darling’s “Calculation”, too. This is just not fair.

I have to skip, too, right to the moment that made my heart stop - “[Ayame] hovers nervously, but flits around like a shy butterfly too tentative to land. He fears injuring Yuki further far too much to rashly touch him, and he knows his proclamations and declarations would only be a hindrance.” Because my stomach was getting heavier the whole time with Hatori’s shock, and I could pretty much guess what had happened. But that with Ayame is just the turning point of the whole thing for me, because it contrasts so jarringly with what happened in the manga, which was… you know, like, “Okay, yes, Yuki standing up for himself just got him hit. But it’s okay, because Ayame is… Ayame, and we have humor now with the carrying and declarations, and really, everything is okay.” So if that doesn’t happen, then… nothing’s okay. This is for real. You know? I don’t think I’m saying this very well, and I’m going on way too long to be still floundering, but the way just that absence made me react… yes.

“His head hurts too much from Kana’s sobbing…”

- Yet more - disquiet. The way that’s just in there. God.

And the whole thing, with Hatori’s skewed outside-inside view of it, is just so brilliantly heartrending.

We could be here all day. I limit myself to one more thing.

“Yuki may even be strong enough to recover mentally and emotionally once again, and regain his acquired contentment and self-esteem.

But if that spark dies forever, Hatori will never forgive himself.”

- Because it is the second pwned ending of the day. So perfectly… awful, and all of Yuki and Hatori’s echoings of each other coming down to this one thing, with their hearts both hanging on whether Yuki can glue his pieces back together in a shape enough like the one he’d found. And as much as I adore the terribleness of it, I adore you even more for leaving the “if” and the hope, because it makes it more realistic and touching.

I’m going to go curl into a ball and cry now.
LinaStar chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
This is an interesting story. I like reading the same situation from another's perspective and especially with the similarities between Hatori's and Yuki's scenarios. I think that you did a great job of showing Hatori's emotions without overdoing it. The flow is great and the writing is pristine! :)
Katia-chan chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Dammit...you've just ruined all chances of me sleeping for at least the next half hour. Reading this sent me spiraling headlong into...well, I don't know where it sent me exactly, but it involved lots of rocking bback and forth with my head in my hands.

You've joined the ranks of making me spaz...

"The evening might be salvageable, he thinks absently, if he can keep Shigure and Ayame shut up and prevent them from discussing the dance for the rest of the night. Not that he’s holding out much hope for that."

-I know this is heading to so many bad places, but you start out so lightly, and knowing what comes next...I still have to smile here, but it makes me cringe almsot as much.

"In some way the situation is more horrifying because Yuki wasn’t expecting the violence. None of them were."

-And it all falls apart, so quickly, with no warning...the bottom just sort of fell out of my stomach right there. The whole night just getting knocked away like that...no one knowing the cause...

"His throat tightens with the weight of memories he intended never to relive outside of his nightmares. Hatori almost wishes someone would start screaming hysterically. Then at least the situations would feel less similar."

-The awful deja vou is just...so unsettling. It's like a dream sequence in a movie, when everything's happening, and the sound's been shut off...it sends shivers down my spine, especially with the waiting...anything to make the situation seem different.

"Akito still hasn’t realized that people are fragile. They break as easily as the porcelain jug he cracked against Yuki’s skull, and once damaged, both are equally impossible to put perfectly right again. They will never be the same."

-And that's the main problem, isn't it? Akito thinks he can fix anything...no matter what...and won't ever realize that that's not how it works. The image of spiderweb cracks spreading through glass is refusing to leave my head...

"Shigure follows Akito down the hall to argue with him. Perhaps Akito has realized the seriousness, because his protests are loud and defensive."

-The more blame, the less he wants...even in the little side passages of the story, you still manage to send my stomach meandering down into my feet.

And if I post every single quote, this is going to end up being just a posting of your entire fic...but the practicality just unsettles me so much. The fact that he's still being mechanical, and going through the mental checklist, even while he might be falling apart, it just makes me shiver...and so does the thing with Ayame, because he turns into a paradox in this situation; not able to commit anymore, and that in itself is disturbing in some more subtle way.

"The part of Hatori’s mind that is still sensible and rational without resorting to auto-pilot wonders if he’d like to go somewhere to be privately sick. His head hurts too much from Kana’s sobbing, and he doesn’t feel confident facing yet another failure to protect the people he’s sworn to keep safe from

the repetitions of history."

-And this is where I had to start quoting again, because...that passage, and the twining of past and present, and that feeling of shocked horror that you've mastered down to an art that feels like it's seeping through all the cracks...I had to stop reading here for a minute. Needed to calm down a little before I could continue.

And the two of them being in shock together, though Hatori's taking care of Yuki...it almost makes me dizzy and a little disoriented to read it.

"When he is less tired, he’ll realize his mind preserved the memories in perfect clarity that will haunt him for years."

-And this, just after the vague haze of the shock, was brutal...he doesn't ever get to escape from things.

"The only one I blame for this is myself."

-So many connotations, so many different directions, but after the follow-up, it's painful to read...blame for the incident, blame for allowing it, blame for trying to fight against what must be inevitable...I sort of want to cry here.

And Hatori realizing that they might have taken an irreversable step backwards, just when no one was expecting it. Because Yuki's fought so hard to get where he is, but Hatori knows things can be put back like they were before...but that would be the worst possible outcome.

I think I forgot to breathe through over half of this fic.

And ok, this is turning into a novela here, and I'm sorry if any comments didn't make sense; you've sort of stolen all my coherency. I was going to wait to review until I'd collected my thoughts a little, but then realized sleep was going to be useless until I sent this, and wept, and sent you the mass of praises you deserve. Despite the fact that I think this is going to be staying under my skin for the next week, this is a wonderful piece of writing. You've always been able to draw us in so well...and you did it even more spectacularly than usual this time.

Amazing. Really.

Ok, going to try and quiet my brain down enough so that sleep might be a slight possibility.

I have to say it again though...absolutely wonderful.

TTFN
NoShoesNoShirtNoSheldon chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Great story! I really liked it!