Reviews for Goodbye my love
Balletdancer202 chapter 1 . 6/21
Wow! I really feel for her. Her "love" for Benjamin/Sweeney give light to all her actions in the story. It's painful to know that the man she loves doesn't love her back.
Great job! Keep writing!
BeYourselfNobodyElseCan chapter 1 . 9/24/2012
this is so sad ;-; 3
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
Haha, my movie is delayed. Loved this - it was really sweet.
rainbowfish22 chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
This is so sad, but I love it.
AshleyInWriterland chapter 1 . 6/7/2010
That was so sad! :( Poor Mrs. Lovett...I can see Mr. Barker doing that as well, but not realizing how much he's hurting Mrs. Lovett.

The best (and saddest) part, in my opinion, is when Mrs. Lovett puts on the ring, and the part where she thinks of him handing her the wedding ring under 100 different circumstances...then the harsh drop of being put back into reality.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
I really loved this. The whole thing was just so sad and touching; I want to cry. Everything about this was just perfect. The interaction between Lovett and Barker was spot on - I can really see Benjamin caring only for getting a message back to Lucy and not really seeing Nellie, and Nellie, in turn, wishing he'd pay just a little bit of attention to her when she is the strong one. The underlying resentment Mrs. L shows is so realistic and sad. I particularly loved the part where he hands her the ring and she thinks of a hundred different versions for it. And the part where she puts his wedding ring on...it creates such a bittersweet image of what could have been under different circumstances...

Yet another amazing piece.
Miss Malfaisant chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Aw... -sniffles-

That woman needs some serious hot chocolate and hugs.
CrypticCalico chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Oh, Mrs. Lovett. Even as Benjamin Barker, he still doesn't SEE her, when she's right in front of him the whole time. *sighs*

I could very well imagine this happening in the movie. Nicely done.

-C.C. :)
x Lost Hero x chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
aw, so sad. Ben didn't notice Mrs. Lovett either...stupid man. she's amazing. haha. nice job.
CardboardCreative chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Captivating.
pebbles1234 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Poor Mrs Lovett. I did feel so incredibly sorry for her in the movie. Your story seemed to get the same response from me. Again, I have to say poor Mrs Lovett, and good story.
andaere chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Great fic, and extremely realistic. The characterzations were great, I could so imagine Mrs. Lovett coming up with a thousand dreams when he gave her the ring. And I could easily imagine Benjamin/Sweeney overlooking Mrs. Lovett and just using her to talk to his wife. Your descriptions are also perfect. I can imagine this part like it's a scene in the movie. Amazing job.
Detective Jazz Dever chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
So short yet so very perfect. A very good look at how Mrs. Lovett always felt overlooked when it came to Benjamin/Sweeney. You had the characterizations down very nicely.
Princess dogooder chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
wow. I think that's the best story I've read so far 2day. r and r mine okay? It's the only one under this penn name Princess dogooder
Mrs.DeppQueenObsessorGoddess chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
Wow! That was a great story! It was so sweet, you really feel so bad for both Sweeney and . Great job!