Reviews for Her Duty
Martin chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I love the fact that "angst" is one of the keywords!
secilmis yazar chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
Incredible way to look at magic- it would be more disturbing than regular school, as what they teach at Hogwarts is basically how to use your weapon, the wand.
Verisimilitude1218 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
I really enjoyed this story. Very in-character
A for Antechinus chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Hiya,

This was a really well written chapter. Thankyou for the story. I am glad that you have written this. I enjoyed it and it was good to see a Minerva fic. Cheers A
Wiztine chapter 1 . 2/28/2008
Goodgoodgoodgood. I think that the main problem you outline is one that faces all educaters and crops up in so many places, how do you pass on knowledge safely, if you judge each person individually, you can't teach anywhere near as many, and it reverts to a primitive apprenticeish arrangement, if you make education available to all, then you lose control over its use very quickly. From this, I think, I think comes efforts to teach ethics and reasoning, logic and practicality in schools as well as basic knowledge, to, as cliche as is sounds, produce sound people capable of making the world a better place.

As far as the actual fic, I liked it a lot, though I'm not sure about the time, is it Voldemort's first rise or Grindelwald? Your message in the end, just keep plodding on, is a bit depressing and very faith based, just trust that everything'll come out in the end, but that's fine, I think a lot of the time that's how life works. Good job.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
And yet, her very vigilance against all things Slytherin helps to drive them to Voldemort-and she doesn't even know it. Oh, yes, Black and Potter have spontaneity-and an Invisibility Cloak, and a Marauders' Map and a werewolf prefect willing to lie to her for their sake.

But she never worries about her Gryffindors. Not even Peter.

Although by the end she's convinced she understand that any of her students could become Death Eaters-we all know who she'll really pay attention to in the years to come.

Excellent story.
Beth5572 chapter 1 . 1/9/2008

Terri
LadyVi chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
oh,its very different!i never really thought about what people thought when the 1st war came around...really well written,especcially the inclusion of lucius and severus..nd its snapes birthday!omg,i never knew...anyway,it was unusual and beautifully written,with alot of thought evidently put into it!:D