Reviews for A Different Story
Mandy in wonderland chapter 2 . 11/26/2009
Please please please please (pretty please with sugar on top) continue this!

I loved Guardian, re-read it after a long time and it still feels awesome. And this is like a tasty dessert. So please, don't leave it hanging! I'm amazed I find this story so addictive when it doesn't have DG and Cain (the characters I usually pick fics to read for).

You're a great writer! Don't leave this one on the curb, okay?
Penulis chapter 2 . 2/15/2009
Heya,

I'm agreeing with the majority here, love the "Jeb, Az and Glitch's Whirlwind Adventure in Harlot Land!" title. You should change it over to that! As for the story, I'm really enjoying it, I was always wondering what the other three got up to during "Guardian". Az and Glitch are just so cute! I love how protective Glitch is. Am I sensing some Az/Glitch love? I think I am... I hope so! The are may favourite pairing in tinman and I was sure there were smatterings of it in your epilogue just trying to get out... Your OC's are delightful, very well written. Keep writing this is great.
PsychoWing chapter 2 . 3/3/2008
I don't think there's a problem with loving your OCs. If ever you decide to write your own book, you have characters ready made, you just need to change their background somewhat.
I.S chapter 2 . 2/13/2008
Az is gorgeous in this piece! I love that you've kept her regal senseability but gentler and softer. Your orginal characters fit seemlessly and interact well with the others. They serve a purpose and aren't there just to fill in lines. Loved this! I can't wait to see what you'll do with it and what you will do with Az. She, to me, is the focal point of the whole thing. She makes the story very interesting! Great job!
Thayne M chapter 2 . 1/15/2008
I LOVE Conrad! -bounces up and down- I love him, I love him, I love him. And Daisy. Your OCs are wonderful! Please don't let them be bad guys; I will cry at you and discontinue "Wrinkled & Torn" before Cain and DG ever kiss!

Now, onto a chapter review: LOVED IT! Can't wait for another chapter. I can't believe how much I like this, because you know I get restless when my Cain and DG aren't nearby makin' babies, but I really do like it; in fact, I ADORE it. I want to marry it and have its children. I especially loved this line: "the clinking of coins signaled the end of his relationship with Daisy..." I thought that was lovely, in a really depressing kind of way, which is the best kind of beautiful, in my opinion.

At first, I thought that it was going to end up being Jeb/Daisy, but I guess, now, Conrad/Daisy, which is great, too! I like them together; it would be one of those cool, off-kilter ones, I think, because they're both sort of hard to the world, it seems. I look forward to seeing those tough exteriors melt away.

Yay for Conrad! So glad he went back for Daisy, and decided to follow Az. I really liked his line about staying loyal; wonderful. You rock so hard, Maynard James Keenan is jealous. Keep it up, and update soon!
Thayne M chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
First off, you know I love everything you write, so its no shocker that I loved the first chapter of this side-story. (I always DID wonder what was going on with these three while DG and Cain were makin' with the smoochie-smooches in the dungeon...with a revolver. Haha, CLUE!) But more than that, I REALLY loved the beginning of this chapter, with the sort of (yums) between Glitch and Azkadellia; so cute. I love how Glitch is all protective of her and stuff; looks like our good ol' boy Cain has been rubbin' off on the headcase! I love it!

And for some reason, I really adore Daisy. I mean, I feel so bad for her, having to go through all of that stuff for the cause, but I really, really like her. I hope she doesn't betray us! I will be sad and cry and bust your kneecaps with a baseball bat! Aurgh! Now, off to Chapter Two! Dun-dun-dunDUN! Super Thayne, away! ...Again!
KristieM chapter 2 . 1/15/2008
Awesome! Loved Az in this chapter. Keep it coming and (intoducing my new catch ffnet catch phrase...) stay shiny!

;D
neefalco chapter 2 . 1/14/2008
i love conrad's name and this chapter
Jailyn chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
awesome! you could definately get away with at least 5 chapters...
Rach4 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Yay! I'm so glad you decided to write this :) Jeb/Az/Glitch hiding in a whorehouse can only lead to wacky hijinks
Neo-digi chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
I was hoping that you would first do the side-story with Az, Jeb, and Glitch. It's a companion book you see for table-top games. Or the optional side-quests in RPG games. :D
nadeshiko1 chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Hey, this is just as good as "Guardian".

Even though it takes place in a brothel and we hear bits of unmentionables, it's still good!

If there is a next bit, can't wait for it!
Skychaser chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
First...

I'm really sorry for never reviewing the last few chapters in Guardian - I went on vacation to a land with no internet, and when I had gotten home you had FINISHED! So, I still haven't completely finished it...I haven't had the time since school started back. (I HATE Spanish...) So I promise, as soon as I'm done I plan to leave one review at the end for the last few chapters. I sorry. I is.

Second...

I think this is a hilarious idea. And my vote lies with your original, un-lame-ass title, ROFLMAO (at the title, that is). SERIOUSLY! I mean, c'mon, who wouldn't want to read something with that title...and we must let ppl know about such genious as yours...just not fair to keep it from the world.

Third...

Now to review the actual story...I like Jeb. I think you did an excellent job with him and I can understand how his character would just be fun. Any characters where we aren't given much to go on are usually loads of artistic fun. Yayness. :~) I also like Daisy. Kind of sad though...I'll admit the last line made me just plain sad. Gave me a sick feeling in my stomach too. Your Glitch/Ambrose is still fun and I'm really glad to see more of him/them. Your do write him so well that I love to read it. I can just see Alan Cummings when you write him. The only character I'm not completely fond of in this is Az. I couldn't tell you why, she just seems a little awdward here. Maybe she is meant to because of where she is, and I can see that, it just seemed a little off to me. Maybe not enough emotion in her voice? Her dialogue might be just a tad bit flat. Otherwise though, I truly do love this. Even though there's no CDG! Ooh well...lol.

Fourth...

(This is last, promise) I just wanted to let you know that I did read the comic on deviantart and although I couldn't leave a comment (don't have an account and it wouldn't let me) that I absolutely ADORE it so far. You'll have to let Youkaiyume know that her work is quite amazing and that I really can't wait to see the rest of it! Having it in comic form is so much goody gumdrops fun, lol.

As always, Happy Writing!

Sky
Olafur Neal chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
I thought that was a great! A nice way to fill in the missing scenes of Jeb, Az, and Glitch. I would really like to see more!
KristieM chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
I'm with ya all the way :) Loved Guardian, and that line Jeb said to Cain about holing up in a whore house had me intrigued- it was great to find this when I logged on this morning! I saw Wicked last night, so I'm in a complete Wizard of Oz mind frame right now LOL.

Hooker with a heart of gold LOL- do you watch Firefly? When I read Daisy, I pictured the two girls in Heart of Gold who follow Book around, asking questions and making him uncomfortable. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, don't sweat it. People rarely do :)