Reviews for The Dark Mark & Muggles: a reflection on 9-11-01
Amen.
lisa.francis.96780 chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
11 years later and we will never forget. 9/11
sammyfish chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
This is incredibly powerful. 10 years on, it sends shivers down my spine. Thankyou for writing this, for posting it and trying to put to words the horror you experienced.
That One Yellow Smiley chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I was almost four years old on September 11, 2001. It was my first day of preschool. I have absolutely no recollection of the day, but I know a lot about it. I thought that you did an incredible job expressing the emotions of the horrific tragedy that occured. This would make a beautiful speech at, let's say, a ten year remembrance ceremony. Keep writing, you're wonderful at it. 9/11/2001- Never Forget.

~~HermesPotter~~
The QAS chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
That was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. It is true, everything that you said. There is real evil in the world. Waiting for the call is like the Dark Mark in so many ways. That was insightful, and really something to think about.

That tragic day will be remembered forever, and all of those who perished on it.

But we should never give up hope.
NCIS Band Geek chapter 1 . 9/7/2010
9 years later and 9-11 still gives me chills. this basically sums up everything, thank you. even though i wasn't there, i remember being in total shock seeing it on tv. some years later i found out i nearly lost my aunt that day, she was one flight off from being one of the hijacked ones.

God Bless
Dawns Heart chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
Thank you for putting something so personal up, it was inspiring and very well written. I just wanted to let you know that I'm happy your father is alright, or at the very least, alive.

- Liz
Q Jenny chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I don't know what to say. I literally feel speechless. All I can really say is: Thank you. Thank you so much for writing this. You've somehow managed to describe my thoughts exactly, a task that has stumped me for years, so thank you. I know a simple thank-you isn't enough to describe how profoundly this piece has impacted me. For a long time, I believed our race was headed downhill, and there was nothing we could do about it. I lost my faith for a long time, and I lost hope. I can only hope that you know how much peace of mind I now have, reading this and realizing there is still hope for the human race, and that not all is lost despite the many 'Dark Marks' that haunt our skies and our thoughts. Thank you and God bless.
emptyword chapter 1 . 5/14/2007
I am very moved by this. Thank you.
Sandi chapter 1 . 6/23/2006
Nearly five years after it happened and this still gives me the chills. Your words testify the truth. Sometimes i think that my husband may be called away. I wonder if my sons will fight and die in endless political wars. It doesn't matter. the good fight will be fought in the hearts of men. I don't know. In a way it is still very unreal to me. Yet we all live with the results everyday. I think we always will. We'll always remember how completely unreal it was.

On a lighter note: I've been enjoying your fics. they are clever.
dancingkatz chapter 1 . 3/21/2006
I'm glad you (or ffnet) didn't remove this essay from the site. Though time has passed what you had to says still bears repeating and remembering.

I spent that terrible Monday in Dayton, Ohio praying that my retired father who lives in Manhattan had decided not to go on his usual morning walk around the neighbothood of the Towers and trying to remember if my cousin who worked at the Pentagon had left on a TDY she'd mentioned to my mother or not. My family was lucky. Dad was feeling a bit under the weather so he cancelled his morning perambulations. And my cousin was somewhere on the other side of the country when the plane hit the Pentagon not far from her office.

Thank you for writing this. I agree with everything you;ve said and you said it much more eloquently than I have managed to do in any of my attempts to express that day with words. God bless you!
A Shining Armour chapter 1 . 11/22/2005
Wow. That was very amazing...but I can't find too much comfort in your final words. You see, I don't believe in a higher power. But before you jump to accusations like "heathen" and such, you have to understand I have morals and values, beliefs and hopes. Unfortunatley, when tragic events happen, when the world is at its worst, I don't have things like prayer to fall back onto. I believe we as humans need to stop, look around us and put the pieces of our lives back together.

As wonderful as it is to have a religious faith, I believe WE as humans are the ONLY ones who can change our destinies and creat a brighter path for the future.

Thank you for giving me this piece to read though, and giving me the opportunity to re-evalute my own beliefs.
Demi chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
wow. that was really amazing. *wipes tears away* absolutely beautiful. its so true. god will always be with us, and may the good win in the end. our prayers and love are with those who lost loved ones and we will never forget them. u should send this story to a magazine, or a newspaper if you havent already. it was a truly wonderful story.
blue-fuzzy chapter 1 . 7/15/2005
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us who trespass, and forgive those who trespass against us. Wonderfully done.
Pointed Teeth chapter 1 . 7/3/2004
Another wonderfull piece. I envy you slightly, unlike you i do not have the comfort of believing in God, nor do i believe that good will nessicarly win, i hope but i do not believe. However i do believe in something else as you put it "the indomitable human spirit," i do belive that no matter how bleak things look there are some people that do not quit. I believe that some of us are too bloody minded to go down without a fight, a final shout against the injustice that plagues our world... ah but i am rambling.

I merely want to say one last thing, i believe that you should find hope wherever you can, and today i found a little bit with you.

Thank you.