Reviews for Downfall
melissasjack1 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
this was incredible.

You have Booth nailed.

Im sowwy my comments suck, Im just eating thru your fic and I wanna at least let you know, hi, I stopped by, and you rock.

You reallllllly get Booth.
legggate chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
I like this a great deal, would be great if you added some more to it. HINT HINT. LOLL
notmagnificent chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
This is just gorgeous. My absolute favorite line:

Never tell her how his lungs burn as he runs down the hill of that quarry. Never tell her how he digs and digs and digs, his fingers scrabbling in the hard, dry earth. Digs until his nails are caked in dirt and his skin is split and bleeding. His blood, soaking into the ground like an Old Testament offering. Forgive me.

Well done, as is everything you write.
Wireuk chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
I really loved the beginning. Great job.
Rek5767 chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
WOW... THAT WAS SPOT ON!
Guardian Angel chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Lovely. Beautiful characterization. More more more! :-)
Kissa1 chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
This was a very strong story, and something I very well can imagine Booth struggling with. How he figures he doesn't deserve this and that is beyond me though. I loved this..!
Foghorn-clj87 chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
I love Matchbox 20 and LOVE that song! Great fic.
JennCorinthos chapter 1 . 2/12/2009
AMAZING... This was just WOW...

jennifer
evilninjakittens chapter 1 . 6/20/2008
This is fantastic. It's beautifully written, and everything is perfect. The only thing I can complain about is that it ends too soon. It was very sweet and tender, and sque-inducing. I love it.
iamwriter chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
That man is torturing himself! Love it!
doyler chapter 1 . 4/13/2008
This is excellent! I've had this bookmarked for months, and now that I've seen A Knight on the Grid I can finally read it. I really like how you write Booth - protecting Brennan isn't so much a choce for him, it's nearly a compulsion. Great prose, too. :D
LocoGreggo chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
That was terrific. Poor Booth. Go get her, boy.
I hart Booth chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
God, you write Booth guilt and angst beautifully. It's one of my favorite things to write, it would be a freakin joy, an honor to be able to write it as well as you do. Does that sound too sappy? I bet it does, oh well. It's true.

Hart
Habita chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
I have no words to tell you how happy I am right now. Happy and sad, actually. Happy, because I have a lot of new fics to read (THANKS for writing! thats all I can say! :-)) and I LOVE the way you write and the way you see the characters, so, Im totally sure I will enjoy them all ;-) And sad, because I have a lot of work to do, too! And I want to read all of them, and leave a super long review for each one, but I dont know if I can. And my lack of free time and my crappy English just have one thing to tell me: "no, you cant!"

But I wont listen to them. I will read and I will comment, because your amazing work deserves it! Even if I have to write one per month!

For now, my thoughts about "Downfall":

First of all, AWESOME. I had to say it. I totally enjoyed reading. Great scene, great characterization and great style. Just like always! :-) Oh, and great continuation of such a powerful drabble!

I loved the beginning, the way Booth arrives at her apartment and what he says "to say hello". And Brennans answer is fantastic, "Gormogon", lol. It seems an automatic reaction.

"The terry cloth robe she wears might have been white at some point. Now, the sad gray speaks of better days." Loved your way of describing what she is wearing :-)

"Ok then. It's settled." It was great. The first part of their discussion is incredible. You can see that Booth is determined to stay with her, and so he took one weak point of her speech to get what he wanted. I loved it.

"She doesn't know about his nightmares. How could she?" And I loved how you use this quote and all the words around it to make us feel Booths concern. The description of his feelings when she was buried alive was amazing.

"...he feels how half-hearted the effort is." Dont know if Im right, but this made me feel like she did want to be protected. And I loved the idea.

"Maybe I need to protect you." *melts* Totally awesome when he pressed her hand against his chest! Very intimate and powerful moment!

"...she smells of soap—and of every good thing he doesn't believe he deserves" I loved that quote!

Totally loved the moment when the two of them had one hand on each others chest, feeling their pulses. "Booth waits for her response, counting her breaths", I really loved your way of showing us how long he felt the wait.

"he doesn't know how to live without her in the world." Sweet and beautiful. All of what he was doing that night in your fic showed us how much he cares, and its easy to think that she could see it, too :-)

"Night stretches and lengthens around Booth, wrapping around him the way he wants to wrap himself around her." The third part of the fic is perfect. Simply perfect. I loved Booth staring at her, and wondering. It was beautiful. You made it great, I mean it :-)

Congrats on a fabulous fic. I will imagine what happened here when I get to watch the episode! ;-)

Again, Im really sorry I dont have better words to tell you how much I love your fics the way I really want to say it.

Thanks a lot for sharing! :-)